Can someone point me in the direction of how to rank up in AP for traders?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Leoten

Can someone point me in the direction of how to rank up in AP for traders?

Post by Leoten » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 15:19

Title says it all, I got rank with the Argons and Talidi but I'm not sure how to rank up with the others.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 15:50

do missions for quest givers from that race, trade with those races, or shoot down their enemies inside their territory.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 15:53

Killjaeden pretty much covered everything. The only caveat with shooting enemies is that you will, of course lose rep with whoever you shoot.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 16:32

Once you get sufficient rep to dock at their non-core sector stations, doing frequent (even if small) trades with those stations will help to boost your rep more quickly. In fact once you get to that neutral with docking permission stage, your rep will go up pretty quickly for even very small and easy transactions and missions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: Can someone point me in the direction of how to rank up in AP for traders?

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 16:44

Leoten wrote:Title says it all, I got rank with the Argons and Talidi but I'm not sure how to rank up with the others.
See Fixing Split reputation as example.

If you can't even dock to stations of some race, then trading (using own stations, trading with other races) give tiny results.

Better to do assassination or patrol missions in sectors of the selected race.

I had placed some screenshots there
Last edited by AleksMain on Mon, 22. Jan 18, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Leoten

I tried with the Paranid....

Post by Leoten » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 17:01

And no luck. I could take a fighter into Paranid space and fight pirates if they have any. But the Boron I tried to do one of their missions It gave me not enough time. Will try the boron's missions once I get my fighter but they come with weak weapons.

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: Can someone point me in the direction of how to rank up in AP for traders?

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 17:08

Leoten wrote:And no luck. I could take a fighter into Paranid space and fight pirates if they have any. But the Boron I tried to do one of their missions It gave me not enough time. Will try the boron's missions once I get my fighter but they come with weak weapons.
Use jumpdrive for it (to do it faster).

See screenshots, linked above
AleksMain wrote: ...
I had placed some screenshots there
Last edited by AleksMain on Mon, 22. Jan 18, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 17:08

It's incredibly inefficient to try to befriend everyone WITHOUT A JUMPDRIVE.

At least now you have two races that won't shoot you on sight, aim to get enough money for a jumpdrive first then mission timer won't be a problem.

Also consider switching to a TP if you are not a combat person.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: I tried with the Paranid....

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 23. Jan 18, 07:26

Leoten wrote:And no luck. I could take a fighter into Paranid space and fight pirates if they have any. But the Boron I tried to do one of their missions It gave me not enough time. Will try the boron's missions once I get my fighter but they come with weak weapons.
Hi,

ANY successful mission given by a member of a certain race will add reputation. For the beginning buy a life support and you can do passenger transports. That's normally enough for a boost.

Be careful that some mission givers in trade stations LOOK like e.g. Borons, but are in fact pirates.

cu
Rainer

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 23. Jan 18, 13:13

There is also a difference between inner and outer sectors, you may be allowed to dock and trade in outer systems but not in inner ones.(your galaxy map states which system is of which type)
If so you could simply trade to these systems to raise your rep, or you could use a tine exploit and repeatedly buy/sell any ware at a trading station in an outer system.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 23. Jan 18, 17:35

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:There is also a difference between inner and outer sectors, you may be allowed to dock and trade in outer systems but not in inner ones.(your galaxy map states which system is of which type)
The inner/outer are called "Core" and "Border".

If you can dock, then you can sell (anything).
Buying has ware-specific reputation requirements.

There is no difference in Boron and Paranid generic missions. Some mission types are easier.
  • The ones requiring a Passenger Transport (TP) tend to have plenty of time.
  • Fetch some (nonstandard) ware from station X to here often has tight time-limit. Fast ship, Jumpdrive, Afterburner, and strafing can make a difference.
  • Return abandoned ship can be tight without Jumpdrives, and on some large sectors even with them. Tractor beam (on M6 tug) helps.
If you already have reputation with some races, then you can work with them until you have sufficient means to handle whatever the others toss at you.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 07:03

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:There is also a difference between inner and outer sectors, you may be allowed to dock and trade in outer systems but not in inner ones.(your galaxy map states which system is of which type)
If so you could simply trade to these systems to raise your rep, or you could use a tine exploit and repeatedly buy/sell any ware at a trading station in an outer system.
Pretty sure it's not an exploit until you use CLS2 to automate the process.

When it's manual, well it largely makes sense that the factions like people who trade with them more than people who don't.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 21:33

Solomon Short wrote:...
When it's manual, well it largely makes sense that the factions like people who trade with them more than people who don't.
Really? So if you walk into a store and buy some bauble, then return it for your money back, then buy it again, return it again, buy it again, ad nauseum, you think that the store owners will like you better, considering how much time of theirs you're wasting without giving them any additional profit?

That's what the act of buying-selling-buying-selling, etc. at a dock constitutes. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”