Anyway to target the surface element only?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pooooot

Anyway to target the surface element only?

Post by pooooot » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 07:30

As I have a powerful army, It becomes too easy to blow the enemy ship in a short time, but what I want is to board it not destroy it.

So, is there any mod or functionality that allows me to command my army destroying enemy's surface elements only(or drawback immediately after destroying them)?

Thanks!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 10:05

from a scripting point its certainly do-able, but not trivially. (its either digging into the DO script or rewrite it from scratch). Also even if the Turrets aim only for surface elements it would probably not prevent Hull Hits, because the Turrets have too much spread and the travel time of bullets is too long (just my assumption, didnt test this yet...)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 13:08

Afaik there are only Mods (Boarding Target Protector and Hijack!) out there that protect a ship during a boarding operation, but not before.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 13:48

Note: the former was an April Fools Joke by me which just blows up any Ship which Attacks the Ship currently being boarded :roll:

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 14:13

Well, the vanilla ai handles surface elements first. What u can do is use less ships for boarding and have them retreat if all elements are destroyed at the current position and have them engage again.

Sure it's a little work, but boarding would bring in way too much money if it were to be an even more 'farmable' activity. It basicly is one already.

@Uni, maybe concider taking that link down? I don't think times will change to the point where most ppl read something before they install it. xD
Or at least mention in the initial post that it's just an aprils fool. :D

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 14:37

iforgotmysocks wrote:@Uni, maybe concider taking that link down? I don't think times will change to the point where most ppl read something before they install it. xD
Nope, i think this is funny :P

pooooot

Post by pooooot » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 04:58

UniTrader wrote:Note: the former was an April Fools Joke by me which just blows up any Ship which Attacks the Ship currently being boarded :roll:
haha, I like it

pooooot

Post by pooooot » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 05:05

iforgotmysocks wrote:Well, the vanilla ai handles surface elements first. What u can do is use less ships for boarding and have them retreat if all elements are destroyed at the current position and have them engage again.

Sure it's a little work, but boarding would bring in way too much money if it were to be an even more 'farmable' activity. It basicly is one already.

@Uni, maybe concider taking that link down? I don't think times will change to the point where most ppl read something before they install it. xD
Ok, maybe I can write the mod myself one day, before the gate getting closed :D

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 05:46

pooooot wrote:
UniTrader wrote:Note: the former was an April Fools Joke by me which just blows up any Ship which Attacks the Ship currently being boarded :roll:
haha, I like it
Not so great when the boarding target shoots itself especially with your marine commander and marines on board. They go poof when the ship shoots itself. I learned that the hard way lol

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 12:24

I should have mentioned, the Boarding Target Protector I uploaded on steam doesnt blow up any ships. It stops capships from shooting and makes the boarding target indestructible as long as your marines are boarding

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 16:30

oliverjanda wrote:I should have mentioned, the Boarding Target Protector I uploaded on steam doesnt blow up any ships. It stops capships from shooting and makes the boarding target indestructible as long as your marines are boarding
you get those files I sent you through a PM?

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 19:31

oh, yes. sorry for not replying. its pretty huge script and only had for a quick look so far

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 01:00

Yeah I thought you'd like to see it anyways seeing how you showed some interest in it in another thread. Anyways I'll stop side tracking this thread now :lol:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”