:X3: Online Complex Calculator version 2.5.5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 18:48

JDCollie wrote:These don't seem to work. I can put factories in, but no calculations occur.
It looks like there is a js folder that didn't get mirrored.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:36

It's probably an attempt to notify bluesoulsez so it can get fixed, but they haven't posted since September and only made 9 posts anyway.

In the meantime, for actual complex calculation, doing a "Webpage, Complete" save of the web.archive.org version works, and Xadrian is still an option.

I used to have a webserver, but terminated that account due to disuse quite a while ago. However, as a software developer, it probably wouldn't be that hard for me to clean up the version I saved locally and host it with github, bitbucket, or dropbox. I'll add that to my To Do list to see what's feasible there.

cdk
x4

Post by cdk » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 13:34

lyonhaert wrote:However, as a software developer, it probably wouldn't be that hard for me to clean up the version I saved locally and host it with github, bitbucket, or dropbox. I'll add that to my To Do list to see what's feasible there.
Pleased to hear that. Thx in advance!
Läßt mich dieser Raumanzug dick aussehen?

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 17:21

I wanted to get a little farther along before putting it up, but that hasn't progressed in at least a week because I've been otherwise occupied. I'll post again when I make further updates.

https://joelbfant.bitbucket.io/x3/x3tcocc.html

I also downloaded the files for AP version and will work on cleaning that up and putting it right beside the TC version (this is next on the list).

There appear to be some bugs to fix and improvements I can make. The example links on the right don't include sector selection, so when you load up the "Argon 1 of everything" or "Self-sufficient E-cell Loop" the yield on the SPP is broken, causing "Used" on Crystals and "Produced" on Energy Cells to be NaN. Then you've also got the Ore and Silicon yields set to particular values with no sector reference, so if you pick a sector you have go to the lines for the mines, remember how many, change the size and change it back, put the station counter back to what it was, then pick your yield from the dropdown.

That stuff isn't as much of an issue if you copy the "Permanent URL" with a sector selected and make a bookmark from that to save your complex - though you still don't get drop-downs for asteroid yield upon loading that (but at least the numbers are right).

I also think it's a bit of a half-solution that the asteroid yield drop-downs help you with available yield amounts in that sector (and even how many, sortof), but then doesn't prevent you from setting up 20 large Ore mines with 90-yield in Antigone Memorial when there are only two asteroids with that yield in that sector. Something for me to maybe work on.

Anyway, I just think the example links should be more helpful and not lead someone on a wild goose chase for circumstances that may not exist. The best short-term solution is to update those two example links to have a realistic sector selected for the Ore/Silicon/Sunlight needs. The "Self-sufficient E-cell Loop" can go in Hollow Infinity or Light Water since those I think are the only ones with 60-yield Silicon asteroids. But since all it needs is one Silicon mine with a yield of at least 60, I'm open to other sector suggestions.

Same for the "Argon 1-of-everything" example link. Ore Belt seems like the best sector for as much Ore and Silicon as this needs. The example link uses two 63-yield Ore mines and three 60-yield Silicon mines. This doesn't seem to exist, but Ore Belt at least works with two 64-yield Silicon mines, one 56-yield Silicon mine, the one 51-yield Ore mine, and then three 25-yield Ore mines since there are several of those. Open to sector suggestions here, too.

I have some other improvements in mind, too. A simple one is a "Copy URL" button next to the Permanent URL field, so that's on my list. Some stuff I have in mind might only be done if I decide to rewrite this with react/redux, but I'm open to suggestions there, too. I spend most of my free time playing TC, so we'll get there eventually. :lol:

cdk
x4

Post by cdk » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 21:55

These features like example links are nice to have, but not mandatory for this project. If you're lacking in time just concentrate on the core function for the moment - providing all of the AP stations and all available sun strength values. From where I stand this is 99% of all I ever wanted from that applet.

All other issues are just convenience. I'll enjoy the OCC if they work but I'll do either if they don't... ;)

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 22:21

Well, that should be handled by cleaning up the AP version and putting it up, since it probably has accurate information (on either of them, please report anything inaccurate and I'll check it out). Cleaning up mostly involves cutting out all the Wayback Machine stuff.

Edit: A data audit is on the list because I know at least a little of the information is wrong. Like the TC info for the Pirate PBG forge's resources per hour is all wrong (not sure the Teladi version ever shows up in-game).
Last edited by lyonhaert on Wed, 31. Jan 18, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.

cdk
x4

Post by cdk » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 01:59

The moment I spotted (in this thread) that cool web archive version of the lost AP-OCC marked the point I ended up my 2017 X3 pass.
Nevertheless I "recoded" an apparantly offline working version of the OCC (which is now called *Offline* Complex Calculator :mrgreen:) for my own future purposes by stripping off suspicious parts (LOL) - and because I'm no software guy I did not really know what I did there. Unfortunately there was no more game based occasion for me to test it. But if you can use it feel free to do so.

At a first glance I'm missing nothing but the ice mines and to be true I'm not even sure if this is a vanilla X3:AP object since I played the (german) EMC mod for my last 2 passes...

If there'll be an improved version for my 2018' X3 pass I'll sure appreciate that!

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 15:47

AP version is cleaned up without all the Wayback Machine stuff - along with some other simplifications I also made on the TC version such as ditching tinyurl generation. Curiously, the example complexes on the right on the AP version all link to the TC calculator, just like the original, so they probably need to be reconstructed for AP.

Plus all sorts of other things I noticed that I want to fix or improve. It can be better.

For now, reports of inaccurate data for the TC version I can peek into the game as best I can for corrections, probably, as long as the object(s) exist somewhere in the galaxy. Reports of inaccurate data for the AP version should be accompanied by corrections which I'll take at face value, because I haven't delved into AP at all yet.

TC: https://joelbfant.bitbucket.io/x3/x3tcocc.html

AP: https://joelbfant.bitbucket.io/x3/x3apocc.html
Last edited by lyonhaert on Wed, 31. Jan 18, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 16:04

@ cdk and lyonheart: THANKS! Much appreciated.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 22:03

By the way, there are tinyurls all over the forum that point to the original domain for the calculators (altanetworks.com). If desired, one can still get the complex in that link by going to http://getlinkinfo.com and pasting in the tinyurl. It'll show the redirection link and one can copy everything from (and including) "?factories=" to the end and paste it at the end of the relevant calculator above. I don't think this worked with the Wayback Machine versions.

G-Fiti
x3tc

Re:

Post by G-Fiti » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 12:24

lyonhaert wrote:
Wed, 31. Jan 18, 15:47
AP version is cleaned up without all the Wayback Machine stuff - along with some other simplifications I also made on the TC version such as ditching tinyurl generation. Curiously, the example complexes on the right on the AP version all link to the TC calculator, just like the original, so they probably need to be reconstructed for AP.

Plus all sorts of other things I noticed that I want to fix or improve. It can be better.

For now, reports of inaccurate data for the TC version I can peek into the game as best I can for corrections, probably, as long as the object(s) exist somewhere in the galaxy. Reports of inaccurate data for the AP version should be accompanied by corrections which I'll take at face value, because I haven't delved into AP at all yet.

If you are still around, can you please add thr 600% Solar Yield from the Player Sector to the AP Calculator? :)

gnu.beef
x3tc

Re:

Post by gnu.beef » Thu, 31. Dec 20, 23:48

lyonhaert wrote:
Wed, 31. Jan 18, 15:47

AP version lists Guiding Star and CEO's Wellspring sectors with 250% suns, however ingame they are listed with 300%

X3TC (vanilla+bp): X-TREME/X-TREME 2019-08-31
X3AP (vanilla+bp): Opportunist/Harmless

gnu.beef
x3tc

Re: :X3: Online Complex Calculator version 2.5.5

Post by gnu.beef » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 05:21

On the AP version page (https://joelbfant.bitbucket.io/x3/x3apocc.html) the sidebar says "The Teladi have the least expensive Ore Mines ...", however Split Ore Mine L is cheaper.
X3TC (vanilla+bp): X-TREME/X-TREME 2019-08-31
X3AP (vanilla+bp): Opportunist/Harmless

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”