[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:21

Special command software + transporter device + ship that can carry marines = Profit. Worked before, not sure about now.

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:37

Huh it's been awhile since I played just litcube that I must have gotten that mixed up that u could fire pods from m6 in vanilla and litcube changed to m7m only. That means Iv been running with that idea for awhile now. Oh well the more you know. :D

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:40

I just started a new game. The screen confirms it's 3.6.

Flew over to CEOs Buckzoid, and checked out the Eq Dock for you. It still has Trade 3.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:46

Personal TO-DO list for 2.3.7:

"QJE and MK3 (make them available again, don't give a shit)"

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 22:08

Personal Console->Global ship set homebase station list is not sorted - just a big trash can full of unfindable data.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 22:59

Darkternal wrote:Personal Console->Global ship set homebase station list is not sorted - just a big trash can full of unfindable data.
To the Panda's credit, that's in LU too!!!!

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 03:12

Just coming back to this and all I have to say is wow. Looks incredible and I’m doing a vagrant start to get my legs back. I really like the shipyard allowing repairs and have assembled a ragtag group of ships. I just set up three sanctuaries and realized you need perks to do anything useful. What would you recommend for your first few perks? Priority will be station building factories and then ships in another sector and equipment in the third. From a perks standpoint, those are precious and so I want to get them right.

Also, is there a way to enable ocv in the vagrant start? I wanted some time to get used to new changes, but would be nice to turn them on if things get too quiet.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 05:00

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Just coming back to this and all I have to say is wow. Looks incredible and I’m doing a vagrant start to get my legs back. I really like the shipyard allowing repairs and have assembled a ragtag group of ships. I just set up three sanctuaries and realized you need perks to do anything useful. What would you recommend for your first few perks? Priority will be station building factories and then ships in another sector and equipment in the third. From a perks standpoint, those are precious and so I want to get them right.

Also, is there a way to enable ocv in the vagrant start? I wanted some time to get used to new changes, but would be nice to turn them on if things get too quiet.
No you have to start a new game. Think of your first play through as a tutorial :-)

[EDIT] Seriously, the way people do it is to delay acquiring a 2nd Sanctuary until 24 hours have passed. The OCV would not attack you when the threat level is below 2, so that scheme put the first OCV attack around 1d 18h+4h. (24+18h for warning message, 24+22h for actual attack).
Last edited by VincentTH on Tue, 13. Feb 18, 18:32, edited 3 times in total.

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 07:19

VincentTH wrote:
Darkternal wrote:Personal Console->Global ship set homebase station list is not sorted - just a big trash can full of unfindable data.
To the Panda's credit, that's in LU too!!!!
In LU it's not so critical, In Mayhem there are much more stations a player have. And I don't want to discredit anybody. just a big trash can full of unfindable data - this phrase saying that I think it is important issue, not "Panda, how dare you..."
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Just coming back to this and all I have to say is wow. Looks incredible and I’m doing a vagrant start to get my legs back. I really like the shipyard allowing repairs and have assembled a ragtag group of ships. I just set up three sanctuaries and realized you need perks to do anything useful. What would you recommend for your first few perks? Priority will be station building factories and then ships in another sector and equipment in the third. From a perks standpoint, those are precious and so I want to get them right.

1st Sanctuary: Ship hangar, ship specialization, QJE, max population (some time later) - to build cargo ships.
2nd Sanctuary: Laser, Laser specialization, no food, max population - to provide money flow.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 12:55

@The Cuban Nightmare

You only get 4 perks per station, unless you start a permanent war with 1-2 races, which bumps your total number of perks to 5 or 6.

You can re-roll your perks at a cost of bumping up your empire-wide threat level, which makes the OCV waves harder.

1st: (USO) Ship hangar (to build, repair and upgrade ships), Ship specialization (faster ship building), extra engine tuning (faster ships), max population (for faster building @ level 9)

2nd: (USB in my game): Laser Manufacturing, laser specialization, max population (level 9).

3rd is for shields: Shield manufacturing, Shield Specialization, Max Population (level 9).

Maybe a sector for bait 1, bait 2, (maybe free OWP, free Research station).

If you are a big fan of missiles, a sector for missiles would be good.

That should get you started.

deztar
x3ap

Post by deztar » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 13:54

Is there a better way than this?
https://puu.sh/zmPlE/02e70a196a.jpg

Apart from that i have 2 couriers, a TS+ for energy cells and a TS to gather shields and lasers produced by other sanctuaries with a HUGE courier queue (like 40 lines).

Also from 4 to 6 DAs for other Sanctuaries, and 1 DA per MLCC dock to ferry energy cells.

Any suggestions on how to improve it?
I'd like to hear or see what other people have.

P.S. Is there a Discord for Mayhem players? Or they'd rather play Mayhem all the time? (Makes sense)

Darkternal
x4

Post by Darkternal » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 14:01

@daztar I have something like this in my central hub, but in my logistic system colonies deliver goods to hub and aquire resourses from hub by themselves, so hub logistic preferenses are more lightweighted. You can download my save 1 or 2 pages above to see how it is looks like.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 14:57

deztar wrote:Is there a better way than this?
https://puu.sh/zmPlE/02e70a196a.jpg

Apart from that i have 2 couriers, a TS+ for energy cells and a TS to gather shields and lasers produced by other sanctuaries with a HUGE courier queue (like 40 lines).

Also from 4 to 6 DAs for other Sanctuaries, and 1 DA per MLCC dock to ferry energy cells.

Any suggestions on how to improve it?
I'd like to hear or see what other people have.

P.S. Is there a Discord for Mayhem players? Or they'd rather play Mayhem all the time? (Makes sense)
I don't usually bother automating my Crystal sales. Especially not the Black one. Just occasionally fill up a TS with all random Crystal/Minerals and Nividium and send it to a Mining Outpost.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 22:08

Sirokos has very low robustness, yet costs 60K per hour. Isn't it M7's maintenance cost? It doubled my most expensive M6.

https://imgur.com/a/PK1ru

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 22:22

Fureimuu wrote:Sirokos has very low robustness, yet costs 60K per hour. Isn't it M7's maintenance cost? It doubled my most expensive M6.

Robustness is random for each game. The Sirokos would have different value if you start a new game!!!!!!

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 22:42

VincentTH wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:Sirokos has very low robustness, yet costs 60K per hour. Isn't it M7's maintenance cost? It doubled my most expensive M6.

Robustness is random for each game. The Sirokos would have different value if you start a new game!!!!!!
60K is too much for an M6, that was my point. Robustness means nothing in this case, I have other M6s with higher robustness, yet they are still twice as cheap.

Kingtrin

Post by Kingtrin » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 00:25

Fureimuu wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

60K is too much for an M6, that was my point. Robustness means nothing in this case, I have other M6s with higher robustness, yet they are still twice as cheap.
A ship being robust means it is sturdy, and so a low robustness means it takes more to maintain. It makes sense that your other ships with higher robustness would be cheaper, while the ship with very low robustness would be the most expensive. 60k credits is really not much and is easy to keep up even with a large fleet of them.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 09:06

Kingtrin wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

A ship being robust means it is sturdy, and so a low robustness means it takes more to maintain. It makes sense that your other ships with higher robustness would be cheaper, while the ship with very low robustness would be the most expensive. 60k credits is really not much and is easy to keep up even with a large fleet of them.
So all that time I was sure that robustness stands for "expensiveness" LMAO. I'll be honest with you, I never even looked that word up in a dictionary, my mistake. But still, 60K is WAY TOO MUCH!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 09:14

Skiron is powerful and expensive corvette. I don't see a problem with 60k if it has low robustness. If its too much for you just use different corvette, that is why robustness is random every game - to make every playthrough even more unique!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 09:24

Shuulo wrote:Skiron is powerful and expensive corvette. I don't see a problem with 60k if it has low robustness. If its too much for you just use different corvette, that is why robustness is random every game - to make every playthrough even more unique!
It was the Sirokos, the best M6 IMHO, therefore the high maintenance, coupled with the low robustness.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”