Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

User avatar
felter
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13

Post by felter » Sat, 10. Feb 18, 05:28

Your talking about Alf Razzel, AKA Raz. You can see him and hear him talk about the Somme and the story of Bill Hubbard from a 1991 documentary A game of Ghosts. I started the video at a part where Raz is talking but I recommend watching it from the start. It's a very sad program but war and death should be like that. He was 90 when that film was made, don't know when he passed but I seem to have a recollection of hearing about it when he did, just can't remember when.
I'm not saying he is a Russian asset, I'm saying he sat on his asset when he was supposed to be confronting Putin.
#AlertTheDaycareStaff #denturedonald

User avatar
BugMeister
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu, 15. Jul 04, 04:41

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 10. Feb 18, 11:29

excellent panel discussion chaired by Bill Maher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw0KN4V0N0s

- there is much wisdom here.. :)

one can imagine Trump standing in the dock, grinning luridly, waving his arms, claiming that he does not recognise the authority of the court..
not as ignominious an end as say, Gadafi or Sadaam - but an end nonetheless..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 10. Feb 18, 21:42

BugMeister wrote:excellent panel discussion chaired by Bill Maher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw0KN4V0N0s

- there is much wisdom here.. :)...
Chaired by Bill Maher and there's... wisdom there? No darn way.

User avatar
Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
Posts: 3356
Joined: Tue, 13. Feb 07, 22:06

Post by Santi » Sat, 10. Feb 18, 23:06

RegisterMe wrote:
Santi wrote:Regarding the USA stock market sell off, the reason for it is because of the good economic data so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUSaO07ThmY
Consensus seems to be "A selloff in U.S. stocks earlier this week was in large part sparked by the Feb. 2 monthly U.S. employment report which showed the largest year-on-year increase in average hourly earnings since June 2009."

Worth reading for more information

Quite relevant as well is the extra funding of 300k million dollars approved by Congress, mainly because legislatives elections are coming up, so both parties want to make voters happy.

300k million dollars, defence will get 165000 millions, infrastructures 20000 millions, fight against opioids addictions 6000 millions, children health care 5800 millions, veterans 4000 millions. And another 90000 millions for the natural disasters of Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 07:32

Santi wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:
Santi wrote:Regarding the USA stock market sell off, the reason for it is because of the good economic data so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUSaO07ThmY
Consensus seems to be "A selloff in U.S. stocks earlier this week was in large part sparked by the Feb. 2 monthly U.S. employment report which showed the largest year-on-year increase in average hourly earnings since June 2009."
...
Inflation is a concern. But, the more radical shifts are due to worries that the market is simply "Too High" and is just itching for a correction. Sell-offs and quick buy-backs are people trying to beat "The Correction" and people trying to do as they always do - Make money through buying low and selling high.

Fortunes aren't made on the rise, they're made on the fall... We'll probably have several episodes of this as the market tries to figure out when it's going to correct.

User avatar
felter
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13

Post by felter » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 21:51

So Don JR's wife and two others have been taken to hospital after opening a letter addressed to her husband, the letter turned out to contain a white powder. While I admit I am no fan of Trump or his family, doing things like that is just so wrong and I hope they catch whomever is responsible for the letter. Turns out the the powder was not dangerous but that doesn't matter, the fear that it does is still there.
I'm not saying he is a Russian asset, I'm saying he sat on his asset when he was supposed to be confronting Putin.
#AlertTheDaycareStaff #denturedonald

User avatar
Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
Posts: 3356
Joined: Tue, 13. Feb 07, 22:06

Post by Santi » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 22:18

BugMeister wrote:one can imagine Trump standing in the dock, grinning luridly, waving his arms, claiming that he does not recognise the authority of the court..
not as ignominious an end as say, Gaddafi or Saddam - but an end nonetheless..
You are overdoing it to be honest. And it is in bad taste as well.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 00:52

felter wrote:So Don JR's wife and two others have been taken to hospital after opening a letter addressed to her husband, the letter turned out to contain a white powder. While I admit I am no fan of Trump or his family, doing things like that is just so wrong and I hope they catch whomever is responsible for the letter. Turns out the the powder was not dangerous but that doesn't matter, the fear that it does is still there.
Very true!

I wonder, though, what Trump is going to make out of this, though. Well, "worry" is a more appropriate word. Will he use it for another off-the-wall Tweet? Claim it was done by "illegal immigrants" and try to declare Martial Law? I hope he says nothing, but I've been hoping that since his election...

User avatar
BugMeister
Posts: 3761
Joined: Thu, 15. Jul 04, 04:41

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:35

Threats to democracy in the Trump era
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-s9xx-dN5E

- probably totally irrelevant.. :roll:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Mightysword
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed, 10. Mar 04, 06:11

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 01:45

Santi wrote: You are overdoing it to be honest. And it is in bad taste as well.
I would say that apply to the majority of the things people railing against Trump, either in this thread or in real life. And people wonder why a chunk of the population kinda just ... ignore those. People might say they're having a discussion or debate, but IMO there isn't much point if the only people you gonna convince is ... yourself. ;)

It's something I have been saying even before the election, the way some people carry themselves they probably don't realize that they do far more damage to their cause then Trump can try. The more noise you create for own satisfaction, the bigger the risk you gonna dilute the message that actually matter. Especially against someone like Trump who ... you know, kinda is a master of that, I think a lot of people railing against him are unwittingly assisting Trump, by (probably not on purpose) showing others that they can not be taken seriously. :P

User avatar
Masterbagger
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 14. Oct 14, 00:49

Post by Masterbagger » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 03:45

Mightysword wrote:I think a lot of people railing against him are unwittingly assisting Trump, by (probably not on purpose) showing others that they can not be taken seriously. :P
And I just remembered people protested Trump by marching while dressed in vagina suits.
Who made that man a gunner?

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 16:25

Masterbagger wrote:
Mightysword wrote:I think a lot of people railing against him are unwittingly assisting Trump, by (probably not on purpose) showing others that they can not be taken seriously. :P
And I just remembered people protested Trump by marching while dressed in vagina suits.
And Trump supporters wearing white hoods was a thing, too... :)

"People" do crazy stuff.

PS- I missed out seeing the vagina costumes, so I googled it. Disturbing... I do remember seeing a lot of pink hats on election day and wondering what those were all about. Turns out that they're related. I think I'll wear a gorilla suit for the next Presidential election and ride one of those little electric cars, maybe a dump-truck or something. I'll carry a sign that say's "Say No to Trees" and hand out bicycle pedals to everyone with an "I Voted" sticker... Why? Heck, I'd get my pic on the interwebz, at least... :)

Mightysword
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed, 10. Mar 04, 06:11

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 02:18

Morkonan wrote: "People" do crazy stuff.
I'm not saying people can't do crazy stuffs, I'm just saying don't be crazy and expect to be taken serious. I didn't even mean something like wearing a vagina costume. But if on one hand you want to bash Trump for his crazyness, immature blah blah blah, and on the other hand you see pretty much the same people citing youtube personality, satire talkshow, and comedians as legit new source ... or even better, wake up every morning and fantasizing about what Trump would do and go "OMG HE'S SO BAD" ... all in your head. Then well ... :roll:

Not saying there isn't legit reasons to gripe him about, but the point I'm making here is because his so call "distractors" are creating so much noise for shite and giggles that the actual message pretty much drown out in a sea of shite. Again, they damage their own cause without realizing it.

Funny thing, you rarely if ever heard the Trump supporters asking something like "I don't understand why people doesn't support him". Yet "I don't understand why people can support Trump" is a common question. Those asking that question just have to look at the mirror, they will find one of the answer right there. Like I said, just like how some people like me was able to predict Trump's win, despte not being his support. The answers is fairly easy to find ... as long as people are willingly to look at right place. Or at this point, I should say: if people are brave enough to look at the right place. ;)

Btw, I wouldn't even call wearing a vagina suit as crazy, whatever the intended purpose is. I would just call it stupid. But then again, my different view and perception could be just down to cultural difference.

RegisterMe
Posts: 730
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 02:53

I've disagreed with you on many occasions in this thread, mightysword, but I think I agree with everything you said in the preceding post.

I was going to argue the toss about the value of comedy and satire, then I realised that were there, for instance, alt-right comedy and satire, I would think it a) stupid and b) unfunny. Bepo the frog stands out as an obvious example that fits for me. Anyway, I suspect those of the opposite political persuasion to me would think the same thing about the satirical shows and comedians I find illuminating.
Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

User avatar
clakclak
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun, 13. Jul 08, 19:29

Post by clakclak » Wed, 14. Feb 18, 14:58

Mightysword wrote:
Morkonan wrote: "People" do crazy stuff.
I'm not saying people can't do crazy stuffs, I'm just saying don't be crazy and expect to be taken serious. I didn't even mean something like wearing a vagina costume. But if on one hand you want to bash Trump for his crazyness, immature blah blah blah, and on the other hand you see pretty much the same people citing youtube personality, satire talkshow, and comedians as legit new source ...[...]

That is a good point. From now on I will try to rely even heavier on more reliable news sources, even though I think the shadiest one I brought up so far was probably yahoo news.

However I see one small problem. If one is at the point were a site like the daily stormer/Breitbart (or the communist newsletter so this isn't to one sided) is seen as a reliable website, than one is also at a point where ones definition of a reliable newssource is vastly different from that of the majority. A person who adheres to sutch an extrem point of view will for example not see the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal or The Boston Globe as a reliable newssource. If one is now so far gone than I think it is hard/impossiable to engage them in meaningful dialogue.
Laugh and the world laughs with you,
Weep, and you weep alone;
The good old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has trouble enough of its own.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic English”