Deus Ex Revision

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is it anygood?

Yes
50%
No
No votes
Meh
No votes
Lemons!
50%

Total votes: 4

Skism
x3tc

Deus Ex Revision

Post by Skism » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 11:25

I had no idea this was a thing:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39755 ... _Revision/

Anyone tried it?

I wish I could play it but I don't play on Windows anymore.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 11:50

I have tried it, its makes things a lot more interesting. You do need to own the original game. but they change / enhanced a lot about what made the original so good.

I haven't played it in a while, several patches have been released since. I need to play it again. Then again, the original is one of my all time great games.
=

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 15. Feb 18, 16:14

I managed to complete DXR last winter and it was worthy. There are two extra augmentation mechanics other than standard one. Biomod and Shifter. Biomod works contextually, while shifter allows to swap your mods and those are major gamechangers besides many tweaks to the ai and levels. In DXR you literally can re-live this great game again, new maps are little different so does many things are in different places, but finding them is really fun especially there are many small things and details hidden along the way. Being a fan of classic DX soundtrack I must say DXR soundtrack is very solid and consistent and tracks are based upon originals yet more ambient like. Game is fully customizable via in-game menus so you can adjust everything to suit your needs. Since they released a few patches and some extra stuff I was thinking to beat DXR again anytime soon :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 16. Feb 18, 00:52

No matter how often I try, I can never get past Hong Kong. I beat the game on my first go way back wen it was released, but despite multiple attempts since, I can never get past that sodding region. I don't know what it is... Perhaps too long exploring every nook and cranny in New York, but... Gyaaarghhh! It's The Illuminati's fault I tell you!

Return to “Off Topic English”