Release in 2018, also when will we be able to pre-order?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 21:55

Torch76 wrote:
spankahontis wrote:Personally, I wouldn't be bothered if they reused assets, seriously, they need MORE, allot more.b
I totally agree - reuse/update and add. . The more the better. There are plenty of examples where hair/clothes/features can be randomized without too much overhead. Once a character has been generated, store that character's specs - Face 10, Tone 2, Hair 7, Clothes 32, Color 16
Something certainly a lot better than skin heads and mo-hawks we really need to see..

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 04:23

Hairless-Ape wrote:I'd take an early release in favor of fewer ships and features any day!
I'd easily pay through the nose for DLC packages, or other updates as they become available. This series is a work of art by true masters and it brings me no end of satisfaction to buzz around in game and see what they have done. The pittance they charge is just that. Please dedicate everyone to the effort for X4 egosoft, and don't be afraid to ask us to pay for updates, because ultimately, we'll get everything we want that way and you'll profit from it as it should be.

I'm so tired of the 1000 limited play stupid games out there with no depth.
Don't be afraid to charge for your genius, and get us into it as early as you can.

Thanks
Doing EA wit hthis title might actually cause it more harm than good, considering how Steam users tend to be (if its on Steam that you are thinking of EAing it at)

xapoc

Post by xapoc » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 20:26

I would like to see hard copy available for purchase with nice big map inside. I got my X -rebirth that way and previous series.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 04:19

I would parallel NMS development with X:R. Both are small studios, both have continued development despite appalling release critisism (motly well-justified) & both are becoming well-developed games with their latest updates IMO. I could give examples, but anyone hating one game or the other is unlikely to change their mind :(

I chose NMS as a deliberate parallel to X development because (a) I bought it, & have several hundred hrs playing it; (b) its development is still ongoing (& free updates) in a similar way that EGO have been doing (considering HG lack of experience etc). I expect both studios to progress far.. eventually! :) EGO has a better (more focused?) dev team than HG IMO, but that doesn't mean that either game is poorly made/balanced. Egosoft also hss its collateral history (15+ yrs dev experience) behind it, which HG lacks

Hell, sometimes I want to blow up space pirares (X-whichever); sometimes I want to do peaceful exploring (NMS). Pick one or both or many, whatever you're interested in!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 03:58

Snafu_X3 wrote:I would parallel NMS development with X:R. Both are small studios, both have continued development despite appalling release critisism (motly well-justified) & both are becoming well-developed games with their latest updates IMO. I could give examples, but anyone hating one game or the other is unlikely to change their mind :(

I chose NMS as a deliberate parallel to X development because (a) I bought it, & have several hundred hrs playing it; (b) its development is still ongoing (& free updates) in a similar way that EGO have been doing (considering HG lack of experience etc). I expect both studios to progress far.. eventually! :) EGO has a better (more focused?) dev team than HG IMO, but that doesn't mean that either game is poorly made/balanced. Egosoft also hss its collateral history (15+ yrs dev experience) behind it, which HG lacks

Hell, sometimes I want to blow up space pirares (X-whichever); sometimes I want to do peaceful exploring (NMS). Pick one or both or many, whatever you're interested in!
The main problem NMS had was that it was overhyped by people wanting to play it, the devs of the game. I remember when the main dev lead went on the Colbert Report show on Comedy Central. The fallout from the release of NMS is that now steam requires that when a new game is put up on steam that the video's and pictures for the game are of the game actual in game shots and not a benchmark that is not the actual game.

rabtherab
x4

Post by rabtherab » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 04:22

Thje star wars mod just reached version 1 so imma play that til release :P

CorruptUser
x4

Post by CorruptUser » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 04:27

SKINS

Skins and clothes are the easiest things to add to the game. That's why so many mods exist for XR like "Give us some clothes please". One of the first mods made for XR was one that fixed the hole in your copilot's space suit. Seriously girl, why would you have a giant hole in your space suit right where your heart is; even if you can breathe in space that is like, the very last place you should leave unarmored.

DIFFERENT RACES

This is actually not that difficult. Once you have the ability to have 2 races, there's really not much extra work for 3 races. You just need to build the graphics for an extra set of ships, along with the stations, and voice work. Ok, it's pretty time consuming, and yes time is money, but it's busywork, but nothing near as difficult as writing the underlying code to make the game run. The second most difficult part is playtesting and adjusting so that every race is balanced for specific advantages, which is something that the community is of course willing to help out with :P. But really, the difficult part is deciding on the map, and how the economy will run and depend upon each race, although the laziest way of doing that is again, having the community test it out to see where the economy tends to get broken. In X3, Egosoft gave up near the end and just made all computer owned solar arrays simply spawn energy cells into existence so the economy would stop grinding to a halt when the crystals weren't delivered on time, because a game like this really is difficult to get right

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and should just keep quiet.

EARLY RELEASE

Every game is delayed until it's released. Once a game is released, it will always have a history of either being stable or unstable at release. As desperate as we are for a new X title, we will always want a working X title, not one that is simply patched 6 months after release just to function. It pains me to say it, but if it isn't ready this year, it isn't ready. If you absolutely positively need the cash though, I miiight pony up a few profitsss now if one of the list of names the pirates can choose from included my name, or perhaps I get a plaque in a station that says I died constructing that wing of the station...

DEV NOTES

Not critical, but it does generate interest in the game. A lot of interest. Sure, they do take time, but it's actually more productive than it sounds, and is something I do at work too, in that it helps map out what you've done, what your goals are, and how you plan to achieve those goals. It also makes you seem more human.
I must defend my honor!

Silicchilicchi
x4

Post by Silicchilicchi » Tue, 13. Mar 18, 20:53

Ma neanche per sogno... Dobbiamo averlo entro quest'anno... Già x_rebirth è l'unico sim space completo sul mercato (e per me il migliore)... Già pronto per il bonifico

<"But not even for a dream ... We must have it this year ... Already x_rebirth is the only complete sim space on the market (and for me the best) ... Already ready for the transfer". (Google translation added.) Alan Phipps.>

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 13. Mar 18, 21:36

Sometimes I can't believe that in such a fascinating genre, the egosoft was the only one to create incredible video games, placing itself completely above the competition despite the few resources available, this company deserves much more than what it has for what he managed to invent

Return to “X4: Foundations”