[MOD] Marine Rebalance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 14:36

fixed with latest. thanks for the report!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 14:39

17.February 2018 - Marine Rebalance updated to v0.57

Fixed getting very powerful veteran and elite marines in Hard and Very Hard difficulty.

Thank you very much to lyonheart for reporting the issue.

Only the version available on Steam was affected.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 06:51

Thanks, mate. After trying this again with that fix, at first I wasn't sure why I was losing about 1 marine per round with a Strength that was well over 10 higher than the Resistance. Then I started reading the thread and understand the changes now.

I very much like this along with Boarding Operations. Freighters were becoming very easy with 4 rounds (non-MR boarding), even Titurels were easy to have a Strength at least 10 higher than the Resistance and keep almost everything intact.

Now I have to work a little bit more for captures. The scanning to reduce rounds and having to clear the Resistance by 100 rather than 10 makes it a bit more challenging and makes a lot of sense with my playstyle. I like to make sure of my captures rather than send marines into a tough matchup, as I have much time invested in them. The reward of 54 captures so far (I think only the last 3-4 have been with this mod, though) is a platoon of 34 Elites and 16 Veterans - their MO is 5/5/5. I am playing on Hard difficulty.

They get a lot of practice on pirate Rahanas and Sanahar freighters which I capture and fix up before harvesting the drones (for field-outfitting other captures), returning the crew, and selling it. But they've also got under their belt over a dozen Titurels, several Phoenix Marauders, an Arawn, a Taranis, a Heavy Sul, and - as of this weekend -
two Lyramekrons and an Olmekron.

I look forward to seeing how much I can leave intact on a Titurel now (probably still a lot, actually).

=============
Edit: Oh yeah, this is more fun. Trying to capture a Lyramekron with an Olmekron taking passes at it, I had to launch marines while the BR was still higher than BAS - 100 just to have time for 10 rounds before it blew up. Was able to make the first 4 rounds faster by taking out the few remaining HIT/MA turrets. Lost a small handful of marines before the Olmekron brought the BR down to a safe level. Worth it. Amazingly, I only lost Veterans, too.

Also, Titurels are now more challenging to capture cleanly. Big thumbs up from me on this mod. I need to remember to rate it on Steam Workshop later tonight. :D

Clifffitir

Post by Clifffitir » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 16:42

Would it be possible to get this mod made compatible for

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

along with this boarding options new frontiers version?

https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/496?tab=files

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 3. May 18, 19:37

i haven't tried New Frontiers although i hear it's very good. Last i checked, it is compatible with Boarding Options, although the last time i checked is quite a while back.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you did try this mod with the two you mentioned and that it either does not work or has compatibility issues?

Clifffitir

Post by Clifffitir » Fri, 4. May 18, 02:18

w.evans wrote:i haven't tried New Frontiers although i hear it's very good. Last i checked, it is compatible with Boarding Options, although the last time i checked is quite a while back.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you did try this mod with the two you mentioned and that it either does not work or has compatibility issues?
I had the author of boarding options make a new frontiers version. Its one of my 2 links. The Marine re balance however doesnt work. The capture %25 each round doesnt show up, nor do the scanning options work pro boarding. The old CWIR, marine re balance and boarding options worked perfectly together. Would be great to get them all working together again. And yes, New frontiers is great.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 4. May 18, 07:48

Thanks for confirming. i'll take a look when i can. Unfortunately, my current computer is failing so i can't run the game (as well as a lot of other games, unfortunately) at the moment so it might take a while.

Clifffitir

Post by Clifffitir » Fri, 4. May 18, 14:39

w.evans wrote:Thanks for confirming. i'll take a look when i can. Unfortunately, my current computer is failing so i can't run the game (as well as a lot of other games, unfortunately) at the moment so it might take a while.
Good luck with that. Mine is probably going to do the same soon also. Getting old. Time for an upgrade. Damn debt :P

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 4. May 18, 18:36

Clifffitir wrote:Getting old.
Ha! You said it. Sometimes i think i should start forgetting the "Getting" part.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”