Phantom Xenon P

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Phantom Xenon P

Post by Mike Roberts » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 11:54

For some time the map has shown a Xenon P in the next sector - but it dissappeared whenever I entered the sector and was not shown in the list of ships. This became more of a problem when a protection mission insists that I eliminate this ship. While in the mission the ship is targetted but is not there and shooting in its direction from point blank range has no impact (pun intended) on its shields and hull. I have waited a long time doing other missions, including OOZ and OOS but this mission is still stuck. I could just abort the mission but with this problem I would also have to avoid missions requiring eliminating ships in this sector.
Hence would like a fix. Happy to edit the savegame if someone could point me in the right direction. Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 15:26

Is your game already modded and/or edited? Have you verified your Steam XR gamefiles cache? (Basic information really helps with Tech Sp issues.)

What happens if you set the Skunk Autopilot to follow or attack it?

Could the P be just over the boundary into an Unknown Zone and hence why you cannot see it physically from inside the named zones where you are looking for it?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 17:19

Alan

Game version is 4.3 and not modded/edited. I did a verfy check and it is 100% OK

If I set autopilot I go right up to the empty red target square. I should have said - it is stationary.
The attack option is greyed out. I got a Defence Officer but this made no difference. Then added a Fulmekron to my squad. It flew to around 3km away but fired no shots.

It is well into the sector, not near any boundaries.

I just noticed - it is listed in the Everlasting Wardens sector but located in Towering Heavens

Is there anything else I can check.

Thank you. Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 18:35

That sounds really odd and much as though the P is somehow glitched (such as it was being destroyed just as a save was done) and so never was removed from the map/list in that save reloaded.

Something like that used to sometimes happen in X3 games, leaving you with a visible ghost ship that was otherwise intangible (ie similar to but different from what you now have in XR :o ).

Alternatively it is indeed somewhere else such as in an Unknown Space zone, but the mission cannot decide where it really is nor where to properly guide you to. You could try exploring all the local zone boundaries to see if the guidance changes to something more useful to you as you cross boundaries. <shrugs>

I guess some sort of save edit (either for the ship or mission) may well be another solution but you would need a save-editing expert's help as I play all vanilla and without edits.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Phantom P - request for save-editing expert's help

Post by Mike Roberts » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 16:22

Sorry to start a new post but I cannot reply to the last (Phantom P) as I left the forum while I had a partially filled reply.
I have P located in Towering heavens but only a target - no ship. It is however listed in the adjoining sector. So I directed a Fulmekron to attack it. It went to the location in Towering heavens but was not able to destroy the (non-existent) ship.
This problem is stalling a protection mission where the mission requires me to kill the craft (i thought there was a timeout on this - but have waited many hours).
Anyway looks like I need to edit the savegame to remove this phantom P. Can someone direct me how to do it.
Thank you
Mike

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Phantom P - request for save-editing expert's help

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 16:44

Mike Roberts wrote:Sorry to start a new post but I cannot reply to the last (Phantom P) as I left the forum while I had a partially filled reply.
I've merged the threads for you. There is no reason why leaving the forum would prevent you from replying. If you're being redirected to the forum index when you try and reply then that's an unrelated problem and you just need to clear your browser cache to solve it.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 22:30

Thank you for merging the threads.

Can anyone advise on editing this P out of Towering Heavens?

Thank you. Mike

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 05:33

Alan Phipps wrote:That sounds really odd and much as though the P is somehow glitched (such as it was being destroyed just as a save was done) and so never was removed from the map/list in that save reloaded.

I see that all the time. (4.3 unmodded) Red ships are more noticeable than others. I suspect that the map is too three-dimensional. It sometimes shows ships that are far above or below the current position of the Skunk.

A reason might be that the real location of zone centers can be above or below the Skunk's position as well, and the map is showing everything IN the zone, but the view is limited to the Skunk's scanner area.

It's like you have an AdvSat in X3 which is located far above you.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 11:05

@ RainerPrem: I understand the visual impact you describe, but that would not explain this: "So I directed a Fulmekron to attack it [remotely]. It went to the location in Towering heavens but was not able to destroy the (non-existent) ship."

The other indication of a glitched ship/target/location is that the indicated target box is stationary.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 21. Feb 18, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 11:08

Alan Phipps wrote:I understand the visual impact you describe, but that would not explain this: "So I directed a Fulmekron to attack it [remotely]. It went to the location in Towering heavens but was not able to destroy the (non-existent) ship."
I have anyway no idea how other ships find each other. I directed my Taranis to attack the ship I was boarding and it ended up attacking a friendly station...

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 11:10

You shouldn't hire crewmembers off the internet based on self-produced references! :D

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 11:39

Alan Phipps wrote:You shouldn't hire crewmembers off the internet based on self-produced references! :D
I spend tons of Paranid Jewellery to get the best ones available, but I always wonder how reliable those recommendations are. ;-)

cu
Rainer

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 21:09

Any suggestions as to how I remove this P from the universe?
Looks like it needs an edit but I have no idea where to start.
Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 21:40

In the absence of anyone else helping, my inexpert advice would be to go in-game and set your game to save in uncompressed format (Settings, Game settings, Savegame compression = Off) and then search the next resultant .xml save in a text editor for "units_size_m_xenon_fighter_01_macro" to try to identify the actual culprit entry for that ship type. After that, you need to know what you are doing ... (or you may seriously damage your save!)

That is why I don't do this ...

Good luck!

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 00:11

Alan
Thank you
Could you give me an indication of the x,y,z position of Towering heavens?
This plus zero velocity should identify the entry (from 60 found). Thanks you. Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 16:18

Not me guv. You need a modder. :D

Getting back to what this forum is actually about, if you uploaded and linked a vanilla save showing the phantom P issue then I might be able to persuade a dev to look at it. No promises though.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 23:13

Alan

Savegame loaded to: www.customelectronics.co.uk/test/save_007.xml.gz

P is located in Towering Heavens and listed in Everlasting Warden.

Thank you

Mike

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”