Xenon K Weapons (and lack thereof)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TonyEvans
x4

Xenon K Weapons (and lack thereof)

Post by TonyEvans » Wed, 15. Feb 17, 19:37

I recently, and with MUCH pride, finally managed to cap repair and add a Xenon K to my fleet. I get it to a shipyard and I don't see any option to re-install weapons.

Is there supposed to be a mod or whatnot I can use to get weapons added to my K? I know they're not the strongest of ships, but my current biggest ship is a Light Sul, and it's pretty flimsy

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 15. Feb 17, 20:05

although it is possible do board Xenon Capships in Vanilla this isnt intentional because these Ships are not supposed to be in Player Property. in fact 4.1 removes a bug regarding this. So i suggest to keep this K as kind of a Trophy ;)

Regarding your Question directly: as far as i know Xenon Capships dont have upgradeable Weapons, they always come fully equipped. so neither need nor possibility to add Weapons to it.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Thu, 16. Feb 17, 13:19

Unlike hit/ma turrets which are destroyed, but the mount remains intact

when u shoot the turrets off a K .. you also destroy the mount it attached to
there is nothing to repair/replace

is my understanding of how it works

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 16. Feb 17, 14:21

Eh?

all my previously captured K's got fully repaired by the engineer assigned to the K,
all weapons, hull & shields, after completely destroying them all (down to 10% hull before boarding)

Don't see why they were made 'unboardable' in latest beta patches,
this is/was a highlight of the later game...

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 03:54

I just spent an hour destroying every shield and turret of a xenon K, only to realize that the board menu was not there. :shock:

I used to board K and I in AP, and it was fun :cry:

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 11:23

exogenesis wrote:Don't see why they were made 'unboardable' in latest beta patches,
this is/was a highlight of the later game...
I suspect that part of the reasoning has to do with the fact that in Rebirth, your capital ships have a docking bay for shuttles (eg. Skunk), which wouldn't make much sense on a sentient ship that doesn't need crew. Likewise, this deck is where the player gets to exist while aboard a capital ship, and again this wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, on a ship that is a self-aware and self-directing entity, which would likely be a pretty densely packed arrangement of interconnected systems. To make the ship capturable yet plausibly represented, it would thus take developing a whole different interface/environment to interact with it while under the player's control - I guess this may have been deemed impractical.

At least, that's how it seems to me...

PS: While I wish it were possible to capture Xenon capitals in XR, the way it was done before being patched out was WAY too easy - I would be happy with it ONLY if it were on a similar level of challenge to how it was in X3TC/AP. Anything less cheapens the whole affair, and greatly undermines any feeling of satisfaction (well, to me, in any case.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 23:14

I hate it that they removed/fixed that bug.

It was kinda more of an additional feature to alot of players, myself included.
Now there is no reason to go hunting for a K, except for the Xenon components and other stuff you need for some craftables.

It was fun to cap a K, repair it and sell it to a shipyard for extra profit while doing a Xenon Invasion mission.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 23:50

RAVEN.myst wrote:I suspect that part of the reasoning has to do with the fact that in Rebirth, your capital ships have a docking bay for shuttles (eg. Skunk), which wouldn't make much sense on a sentient ship that doesn't need crew. Likewise, this deck is where the player gets to exist while aboard a capital ship, and again this wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, on a ship that is a self-aware and self-directing entity, which would likely be a pretty densely packed arrangement of interconnected systems. To make the ship capturable yet plausibly represented, it would thus take developing a whole different interface/environment to interact with it while under the player's control - I guess this may have been deemed impractical.
Which gives me an idea: after capping a Xenon ship, you would have to modify it before being able to use the weapons or dock on it. At great cost, with special components. And the boarding difficulty should be increased, as in AP.
Because who doesn't want to cap Xenon capitals... and fly them ?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 8. Jul 17, 02:15

lostboron wrote: Which gives me an idea: after capping a Xenon ship, you would have to modify it before being able to use the weapons or dock on it. At great cost, with special components. And the boarding difficulty should be increased, as in AP.
Because who doesn't want to cap Xenon capitals... and fly them ?
I assumed that was the reason P's are so expensive to repair. Its like 8 mil for 50% hull, yeah no.

Xcaliber
x4

Xenon K weapons

Post by Xcaliber » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 11:00

I capped a K after editing the save file to allow it to be captured. Transferred captain, engineer & defence officer after entering crew quarters and instructing them to work somewhere else (K). The Marine officer was already back on the skunk together with the marines. Everything was eventually repaired to 100%. Only anomaly is that when k is out of sector it shows only 11 field generators and no weapons ie 11/11 but when in same sector as me it shows 24/24 and all weapons are viewable and can fire at enemy.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 11:07

Well as this old thread explains, the Xenon capitals are not meant to be player-owned - so expect anomalies if you edit one in! :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xcaliber
x4

Post by Xcaliber » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 13:43

The anomaly isn't a problem, posted to help anyone else thinking their K has no weapons. It has, just won't show them outside your zone. I also used old x terminology (in-sector) when I should have used in-zone for x rebirth.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 21. Feb 18, 17:48

Xcaliber wrote:I also used old x terminology (in-sector) when I should have used in-zone for x rebirth.
to be exact its actually attention level visible which lies between In-Sector and In-Zone.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”