[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 03:25

Thanks again socks.

I was wondering why i could not find a contractor will look again though i've not notice any more to the build menu and as this is new to me i may have missed it big time.

So use to the old way would be the cause.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 15:56

Thanks Socks.

I have it now alls working fine though cwir needs tweaking on drone quantity and on shipyard builds when they auto bild ships.

No crews or drones when auto ships built plus can't board till crewed.

Other than that it what i was on about and don't know why the Dev's didn't do this in the first place, after all in the earlier X games we got fully built station when brought.

Raven78
x4

Post by Raven78 » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 12:55

Hello, i would like to help test the Mod,

I still play XRebirth so i can start right away.

*edit* nm, found the link to the alpha

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 16:20

it's nice,

teladi ships are very weak, they should get mk3 or mk6 everywhere ^^

when K freighters hit a phoenix with missile it kill almost all weapons and drives in 1 shot as they are very close.

spccasey
x4

Post by spccasey » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 00:12

Where do you find "Ship Parts" that the shipyard needs to build ships? I cant seem to find them anywhere nor know which stations makes them. Seems like AL system cant build ships due to no "Ship parts". One of their shipyards has 8 ship parts ever since it was built. Going on 3 days now. My shipyard has 3 and its been like that for 2 days. Which stations builds the item "Ship Parts'?

>>>Edit<<<
Ok, it seems like any shipyard that required ship parts are not producing any ships. Not enough ship parts.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 02:52

Hi spccasey

Make a note of what ship parts are needed.

Depending on you menu sidebar or normal look for the trading section and sub menus that are Offers, you buy & sales, goods to sell then the list of goods each have drop down of stations below and they will show what they have or what they want to buy.

Goods in green are your stations needs/sales

At the top of the Offers/sales window is the ships bar arrows left/right use these to find you freighters that can trade and how they are doing once assigned the jobs.

Then via trade menu see what station have what you need and how much then send your freighter's to the stations that have the goods providing you have the funds.

The freighters will go off and trade for those goods though they will not go to stations in red, once they have the goods then via the trade menu go to sales and look for the shipyard you are supplying and assign the ship to sell at that station.

The freighter will trade up to 7 trades though i find they sometime they stop not doing anything and have to clear and assign the trade again

I alway trade 5-6 never the 7 even then they can stop.

Also if owner shipyard make sure the station have enough construction drones the more the quicker the ship get built. (My drone loadout is 150 construction (more if you like) the rest cargo/fighter drones )

I've had a ship built in about 2 minutes thats with a fully stocked station.

Hope this helps.

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 21:48

Hi

Mod looks great but ive no idea what files go where?

Can any1 tell me the setup?

Cheers :)

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 09:16

the downloadpackage isn't the mod directly, all nf_*** folder are unique mods and need to place into X Rebirth\extensions\ folder
then they will activated if conditions match

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 15:00

Gotcha Thx :)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 11. Feb 18, 22:55

Hi BlackRain & all

An issues that's been bugging me since XR's release and I see there is no logic as to why that after ship builds why do they back out of drydock.

As an idea for your mod lets have ships leave drydock forwards which makes it far more logical for space launches.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 00:53

JESS 246 wrote:Hi BlackRain & all

An issues that's been bugging me since XR's release and I see there is no logic as to why that after ship builds why do they back out of drydock.

As an idea for your mod lets have ships leave drydock forwards which makes it far more logical for space launches.
Yeah... that mechanic doesn't make any sense at all I never understood that.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 08:19

JESS 246 wrote:As an idea for your mod lets have ships leave drydock forwards which makes it far more logical for space launches.
an external dockslot only have one set of waypoints it can use and the dockscript need to handle this whole way

so maybe in case we would change here some positions, a ship in regular docking procedure would rotate at dockposition

the less problematic solution is the actually Egosoft use

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 13:59

Hi Requiemfang

I'm clad i'm not alone in this strangeness of drydocks.

Hi Marvin Martian

Thanks for reply i weren't expecting the idea of changing drydock mechanics to be easy and thought maybe a change to make it more in keeping with sci-fi reality.

It's just strange that ships back out of drydock after build.

In 99.9% of sci-fi film etc all where a shipyard is present ships leave the drydocks forwards and that's why i could not understand why Egosoft got this wrong for a sci-fi game.

I would doubt that Egosoft would change a thing as all gaming companies seem to be headstrong in what is not the norm.

It's you modders out there that make the mods that takes what is a mediocre game and turn it into something worthwhile to what it should be.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 10:55

is this mod playable yet?
I mean is there some gamebreaking bugs or something important not implemented, I have played CWIR so far and looking for something else

thnx for the mods guys!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 10:58

Capital Ship Bridge V.2.55 - updare 23.02.2018

- Support mod The New Frontier

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 36#4692736

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 16:00

If you need me to do anything Marvin, just send me a message.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 16:12

Bigger Update at NF with improvements&bugfixes - changed way to build own Shipyards - take a look into readme.txt
https://github.com/40712ef4f9/nf_a

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 23:23

Hi Marvin Martian

Not sure if we are to play this mod yet, but on seeing you upload file i thought of giving it a try.

Assuming i have it right after download all individual folders go into extensions where do the "gitattributes file" go nothing in readme about it.

So far in installing the other files and starting a new game i get this in extensions in red "CWiR New Frontier (Herschel's Gift)" have a file been left out or has the "gitattributes file" got something to do with it.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 18:18

cant really play this mod, I did the install and a new game but I get freezes all the time and them after some time it get frozen where I cant even close it with task manager bc I cant see it, only a restart "helps"

with NF I have bridge mode, silenceyouall, ency but thats just textures,
MICT and ultimate cheat mode

maybe I dont need MICT or ultimate cheat mode is the problem since all other are compatible

oh and yes prosper devries and lostsector but both are patched in NF

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 14:23

so nobody plays this mode or has this problem???

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”