Is there anyway to move or sell stations............?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Leoten

Is there anyway to move or sell stations............?

Post by Leoten » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 19:07

I own several stations and I was wanting to know if I could sell two stations or if not could I move them to where my other stations are?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 19:16

No, you cannot sell.

Yes, you can tow a Station. Within sector.

You can self-destruct a Station. The ruins remain for a while. (Therefore, a tow before destruct can be neat.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 19:41

moving within sector, and aking a complex with them , or adding to other staions you own to make or expand a complex, might also be considered, before destroying them

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 19:59

If you effectively switch its production off, an otherwise unwanted station can sit there not costing you anything but can be used as storage or emergency holdings for some appropriate wares, as a bank for spare credits, and as somewhere safe for you to park and maybe swap extensions between a couple of ships. (The production and storage part is easier to control if the station is in a complex.)

You can always bring it back to normal productive life later on too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 21:36

If it's X3TC, you can use the tractor beam(only select ships can use it), that essentially works as a tow truck, it locks onto the station, then you just fly wherever you want, within Sector as already said.

Here is how:
Spoiler
Show
You can buy the Tractor Beam Factory from the Paranids in Third Redemption & also Heaven's Assertion, of course you need the required reputation rank.

It takes 24 in-game hours to produce 1 cycle of Tractor Beams, mine produced 5 at a time, I only needed 1 though.

You can also buy the tractor beam, however you need to follow a plot in order for that to happen, i'll let you figure that out yourself as don't wanna give away everything, you could easily find it with an internet search though.

Leoten

Post by Leoten » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 01:40

I'm playing X3 Albion Prelude, but the two stations are in Home of Light and I have several stations in the Unknown Sector next to Legend's Home. I don't mind the two stations being mine. But I'm trying to keep my stations together. But I like the idea of them being a cash dump.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 09:21

Leoten wrote:I'm playing X3 Albion Prelude, but the two stations are in Home of Light and I have several stations in the Unknown Sector next to Legend's Home. I don't mind the two stations being mine. But I'm trying to keep my stations together. But I like the idea of them being a cash dump.
Hi,

you can NOT tow stations through gates.

If you haven't noticed: You can adjust a station's position prior to building. So you can always put them close enough to connect them with a station hub.

Note: I always build high above the ecliptic, and behind a gate, while the hub is located close to the gate.

cu
Rainer

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 17:02

Given you've built a station complex, mine, solar, etc, it always seems that some npc freighter is destine to clobber your station connections. So I spent some game time watching. Bad move to put you docking point in a place where NPC paths have the idiot robots flying thorough your connections to dock. I made up some rules of thumb.

1. Keep the station away from NPC pathing enough they don't have to fly around your station.

2. Keep that dock perpendicular to the NPC's pathing.

3. Keep the connectors short as possible if mating 2 stations factories, but make that docking connector the long one.

4. If you mine hire/tow that asteriod someplace out of the way of traffic.

Still expect some silly freighter to dive right into something sooner or later.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”