4.30: docked on a ship where no one is on the bridge

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

4.30: docked on a ship where no one is on the bridge

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 16:16

Hi, I docked on the ship named "PMC Hydrogen Harvester Boann" in Auspicious Excavation. However, there are no NPCs present on the bridge. Ship description says it has as personnel :
Engineer Marissa Fisty
Captain Lion Jovi
Defense Officer Nil Bro

Ship current order is : Free mining

Game setting : all MOds have been deactivated and it is a brand new install + brand new game

I could try to come back later but there is no garantee the ship will still be around.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 16:23

Are there personnel showing up on other NPC capitals you can land at?

BTW, do you mean bridge or docking platform (vanilla has no capital ship bridges included)?

EDIT: I landed on a few NPC L mining ships such as the Fedhelm in vanilla 4.30 and they don't show their crew on the landing platform when you dock. You can talk to the crew by hailing them from space though.

Confirmed, but not really a big issue. (I had never even noticed it to be honest.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 01:10

Yes all other ships that I had docked on had NPCs on them but I did not cross reference to see how many are said to be there versus how many are really there.

I am using vanilla (all MODs are disabled since beginning of that game session). So I guess you could say docking platform.

Yea it does not cause any issues, just affecting your perception of reality (talking to invisible people).
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 23:17

It's a bit like when your marines successfully board a ship; you go aboard and there is your marine officer but (as ever) no visible marines.

If you stay on the docking platform, you can send the officer back (and all the marines somehow go too) and you can call in the ship's new crew from the Skunk. You see them arrive individually down the ramp but none of them then appear on the docking platform while you are still there.

When you then return to the Skunk while having some crew there, you don't see those in any of the Skunk crew rooms as you return.

As you say, these are apparent continuity gaps but are not gameplay issues.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 23:06

I have never seen crew on any NPC capitol ships which were not part of the campaign plot.. and that is very few if even more than 1, the cap that you escape on when things go bad in DeVries.

The later Teladi's CV iirc didn't have crew on the deck, but just the plot Teladi.

I forget exactly which XR version I began with, something late in 1.xx or early 2.xx but I concluded it was by design.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”