EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

When mouse speed exceeds lightspeed.. [Razer DeathAdder mouse user advice thread]
View previous topic :: View next topic
Musicker

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 10. Mar 18, 05:43    Post subject: When mouse speed exceeds lightspeed.. [Razer DeathAdder mouse user advice thread] Reply with quote Print

Hello folks,

I've been playing the X series since early 2005, when I discovered X3:Reunion. I have so many hours into the games at this point, it's absolutely ridiculous. Recently though, I thought I'd go back to X3:Terran Conflict and play again. (Over 7500 hours logged on steam in this X3 game, just for reference)

I got a new game started after uninstalling and completely deleting my old one, since I had a full game conversion mod installed (X-Tended TC) and when I got in game, I discovered that my mouse speed was off the freakin charts. It was nothing like the speed I had it set to in Windows. I literally moved it a quarter inch, and it went from one side of the screen to the other. The game was completely unplayable.

I got on here, and checked posts, and every mouse complaint was for SLOW mouse speed, not a single one for it being too fast.

Then I realized, I bought a new mouse in the last year. The Razer DeathAdder. So, I checked that control panel, and sure enough, there's a mouse speed setting in there.

So after playing with it, all you need to do when you have this mouse and want to play an X3 game without your mouse bouncing from one side of the screen to the other even if you just nudge it, is set the Razer DeathAdder control panel "Sensitivity Stage up" button on your mouse to the maximum speed while you are still in Windows, before the game is launched. Then, when you get in your X3 game, use the "Sensitivity Stage Down" button on your mouse to set it to the minimum speed. This will get your Razer mouse to a workable sensitivity while you're playing. For me, it's a normal mouse speed, where I move it about 2-3 inches and it crosses the screen. YMMV, depending on how sensitive you like your mouse setting.

Of course when you stop playing and you get back into Windows, it will move like a banana slug trying to crawl through molasses, so you'll need to hit that Sensitivity stage up button a couple times again, to get it working normally.

This though, is how you can still use your Razer DeathAdder mouse to play the X3 games, and still enjoy the experience!

Hopefully this helps someone, somewhere, sometime!

32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel
EVGA FTW Edition NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 ACX
1TB Samsung 840 PRO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD
Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 10. Mar 18, 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

.. and it sounds as if a Razer DeathAdder mouse could be one solution option for those suffering slow generic mouse and driver issues in X games too.

Musicker

PostPosted: Sat, 10. Mar 18, 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That's for darned sure! I like a relatively speedy mouse cursor, but this was completely over the top. Literally 1/4 inch of movement shot the cursor all the way across the screen!

32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel
EVGA FTW Edition NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 ACX
1TB Samsung 840 PRO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD