EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Litcube's Universe
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 901, 902, 903 ... 914, 915, 916  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
BTAxis

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 12. Mar 18, 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I need a little help. I have built a factory and gave it a Manta to supply it, but it's not doing anything. I think I've set it up correctly, with Trade Software MK1 + MK2 on the ship, the ship itself set to freighter and sats in the systems where it's supposed to buy energy. The station also has money. But the ship just won't go out and buy anything.

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Mon, 12. Mar 18, 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BTAxis wrote:
I need a little help. I have built a factory and gave it a Manta to supply it, but it's not doing anything. I think I've set it up correctly, with Trade Software MK1 + MK2 on the ship, the ship itself set to freighter and sats in the systems where it's supposed to buy energy. The station also has money. But the ship just won't go out and buy anything.

Read the wiki
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Feature_Freighter

BTAxis

PostPosted: Mon, 12. Mar 18, 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have no idea how to access the Dockware Manager. The menu for the factory does not have it.

memeics

PostPosted: Mon, 12. Mar 18, 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Dockware Manager (and associated ships like Dock Agent and Freighter) is only available for player's equipment docks (and the HQ, which is a special type of equipment dock).

To have a ship provide to a station (buy resources and sell its products) you need to purchase Station Agent Software for it, homebase it to the station and run the Trade -> Station Agent command. Of course, make sure the Import/Threshold values are what you want, maximum jump isn't too short, the station has some money (homebased ships purchase things using the money in the account of the station they are homebased to) and that the resource buying price is set high enough to find opportunities.

BTAxis

PostPosted: Mon, 12. Mar 18, 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, that's obscure. The Station Agent Software description makes it sound like you only need it for selling produce. It also costs 600K, which is rather steep.

I'll try it once I grind up some more cash from missions.

memeics

PostPosted: Mon, 12. Mar 18, 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah, I don't bother with Station Agents. See the series in my signature, there I simply focused on getting the PHQ, then started deploying money making SCH (small weapons) and used Dock Agents to sell the stock from the PHQ and Freighters (Courier later on) to ship it from the SCH to the PHQ.

Spending 600 for software for a ship that will be idle most of the time (for higher yield/slower produced goods) or will be busy but barely making any profit (for lower yield/quickly produced goods) doesn't strike me as great use of that money and ship Smile But X3 and LU are sandbox games designed to let the player do whatever they want, so to each their own.

BTAxis

PostPosted: Tue, 13. Mar 18, 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah, I'm just trying to make money using the tools available in the game. Unfortunately there's no money in trading (because the AI buys up everything except energy) and I can't do what you did in your LP (refurbishing damaged ships) because since I installed Missions Extended Reloaded I have no access to used ships and pilots never bail. I thought I'd set up my own industry, but it's proving too much of a pain in the ass. That leaves me with just doing missions.

Lone Machete

PostPosted: Wed, 14. Mar 18, 20:12    Post subject: Efficency of a mining fleet Reply with quote Print

Hey Litcube

I got a question

I am mobile mining with fleets consisting of an Orca TL with 200 Asp Miners to his feet. He follows them with a docking transporter extension (or whatever, the thing for 14'000'000 credits), this ensures they have ultra short ways to unload and it's actually the only way to make mining into a money machine. Then I got a Dolphin SF XL as courier to move the mined products to a dock. However, the problem is: As long as the courier is in the sector to pick up the minerals the Orca won't move since he has to wait for the Dolphin to dock (even if he got a transporter extension). This makes the Orca almost stay where he is, which is a bad thing if the Asps choose another debris field to go to in the meanwhile. Do you have any inteded solution to this? Moving the Orca is not an option, since I have a total of 8 such mining fleets, which would mean too much micro management. I found Jump beacons to be useful since they shorten the time the courier is in the mining sector, however there is no automation to pick it up when the Fleet changes the debris field.

bosik111

PostPosted: Sat, 17. Mar 18, 01:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey, I think there might be a problem with AI in my latest two games. I'm not sure if that's normal for the mod, but after losing about 30h of game to corrupted save I've started a new one, but it seems pirates are weirdly passive. They barely leave their sectors, and when they do, they do it in extremally small groups. Xenon activity seems to be reduced significantly too, although that attack gosu and black hole sun regularly. I've tried to export/import game, but that didn't do the trick.
Now why that is a problem is because I can barely find any bailed ships. I've been trying to use stock exchange and picking up used ships, but they are hardly a regular source of profit. As there are far fewer battlegrounds, the amount of loot to scavenge is also reduced, and it's practically impossible to properly level terran rep, since there are no pirates attacking Jupiter 3 outside of single ships once an hour or so. I've started another game, but after few hours it's not looking pretty either. I'm wondering if anybody had a problem like that before, or I'm just unlucky enough to end up in a galaxy filled with pacifist pirates two times in a row:) To roughly compare, at 30h I was about 500m net worth and was setting up my first SCH, now after about 20 I'm barely over 180, and that only because I was a bit lucky on stock exchange and found bailed m6 in a random system. I'm wondering if there's some hidden trigger that I have failed to trigger, or it's just bad luck in general.

memeics

PostPosted: Sat, 17. Mar 18, 02:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

bosiks111 did you try Export/Import feature so you're not losing your game progress? That should fix almost all corruption issues.

bosik111

PostPosted: Sat, 17. Mar 18, 09:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. It's just like pirates are too lazy to leave their sectors :/
@ edit
Did it second time, it actually spawned couple of single pirate ships around and few large waves of xenon in various systems, after they got dealt with by AI there's hardly anything going as before.

hargn

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 19. Mar 18, 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi there,

I've a question about the mission offered by PNJ in LU.
I stared a new moded LU carreer this weekend (with ADS, Misc Tweaks for LU, Phanon & Revelation +, Galactic News Services, Diverse game starts and SCH in Teladi Space), and only combat missions (station protection, assassination, patrol), asteroïd missions (scan and data offers), station building missions and ship offer mission are available.

I found no passenger transport missions nor resource delivery missions.

Is it intended in LU?
Thanks for your answer.

Litcube

PostPosted: Mon, 19. Mar 18, 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

[quote="hargn"
Is it intended in LU?
Thanks for your answer.[/quote]

Yup

Litcube's Universe Wiki
Lone Machete

PostPosted: Sat, 24. Mar 18, 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey Litcube. I got a bug. MLCC ships won't retreat properly. Their action says "retreat", cmd is "none" or "idling", both inside and outside of their home sector. There should be enough docking space in their docks (got both OTAS ED). Any idea? How do I reset them apart from sending them home with the "return home command"?

Edit: Is it a bug of the "Phanon plus" addon?

Pr0wler

PostPosted: Mon, 26. Mar 18, 09:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

My current playthrough is around 36 in-game hours and I barely get any large ships bails (only 2 M6's so far; yes, I have satellites in every sector and I'm using satellite monitoring very often Smile ), so I would like to tweak it a bit.

Is changing

Code:

<line linenr="039" indent="  ">
         <text>do</text>
         <text> </text>
         <text>if</text>
         <text> </text>
         <var>$Ran</var>
         <text> </text>
         <text>&lt;</text>
         <text> </text>
         <var>30</var>
      </line>

lines for respective ship classes in Cmd.BailMaybe.xml in similar manner as above enough or do I have to edit any other lines/files to make big ships bail more often ?

Do I need to use I/E to make such changes work in my current game ?

Thanks in advance Smile

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 901, 902, 903 ... 914, 915, 916  Next