X3 Reunion and Daddy chase mission problem.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

X3 Reunion and Daddy chase mission problem.

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 06:20

Sometimes using the mods creates problems with the storyline missions, we all should know this.

In the case of that dratted ateroid tunnel chase there is one way to insure it ends with failure as soon as it starts after the cut scene.

That's starting it in any khak ship you happened to pick up at that neat shipyard at cloudbase southwest.

Go into this mission in one and you won't get 2 inches before it's the scene of you getting popped and the dreaded flying The End showing up and comicly bouncing off the sides of the tunnel.

Advice on ships to start with not forthcoming from me, simply a word of warning: Don't start it in a khak ship.

Knowing a thing or two about game triggers it don't take much to figure out why I was immediatly failing the mission.

If you're really having trouble with this mission go to my post in the cheats thread, but unless you're over 50 I'd try it without cheats. :D
Last edited by Hank001 on Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:12

This isn't a Tech Sp issue so I'm moving to the X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:14

I got you. Sorry I picked the wrong place.

Edit: Just to support the contention here I tried it again with Khak scout scout. Same result, instant mission fail.
MIND THE GAP

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:20

I wonder if the mission is scripted so as to fail when any Kha'ak ship catches you up--and if you're IN a Kha'ak ship, then obviously they catch up instantly?

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 00:58

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Obviously it's not set up to distinguish
player ships. A Khak is a Khak.
The trigger event happens the
intant I entered. There's an ipso facto there.
MIND THE GAP

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 Reunion and Daddy chase mission problem.

Post by Nanook » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 23:57

Hank001 wrote:...
That's starting it in any khak ship you happened to pick up at that neat shipyard at cloudbase southwest....
What "neat shipyard" would that be? It's certainly not in the vanilla game. And discussion of modded gameplay should be confined to the S&M forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”