Feature Request From Long Time User

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ranix
x4

Feature Request From Long Time User

Post by Ranix » Wed, 21. Mar 18, 09:23

Howdy Egosoft,

Please allow us to dock our smaller ships inside our larger ships in X4.

This is the only feature I really care about, which I have been missing a great deal ever since X2. I want to be able to launch ships from other ships and dock all my ships in my huge carrier, just like X2

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 21. Mar 18, 10:29

Already confirmed with a video showing it, carriers in x4 can dock alot of ships I think was around 35 ships. Be cool if u can actually do a walk into which ship you want like in SC and launch it urself but doubt that will be in, well you can probably teleport to said ship then undock but not the same really.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 21. Mar 18, 13:25

Dude just watch this from December, it looks amazing :)

https://youtu.be/Boxj2l5MkqY?t=22m24s

A Falcon docked on something else (not sure what it is) but they have said that the ship 'storage' is internal so once you dock on a capital ship, the docking pad will sort of move downwards and 'store' the ship inside the capital so this allows us to have multiple ships stored in cargo to launch anytime, but launch rate is limited based on how many pads the capital ship actually has.

They speak a lot more about docking here too, and show off a bunch of different ships so it's exactly what you are looking for!
Admiral of the Fleet.

Return to “X4: Foundations”