Question about: moving from one zone to another

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Question about: moving from one zone to another

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 00:09

I am currently trying to retest something in XR and noticing something I haven't see in a while (or maybe because I forgot about it).

Lets say I have a ship in a temporary zone called T1. It is next to another temporary zone calle T2. Just beside both of them there are known zones A, B and C where ships usually travel from A to C, passing through B.

What would happen to my ship in T1 if I tell it to go to T2. Will it go streight to T2 or go through A, B and C to then go to T2 ?

I think this is the layout I had a while ago and was wondering why the hell is my mining ship taking so long to go from T1 to T2.

Code: Select all

A----B----C
----T1--T2
Other case, same situation. I tell a ship in T1 to go to T2. Will it go streight to T2 or go to A then B then T2 ?

Code: Select all

+---------B----C
A---T1--T2
I suspect that for anything in Temp zone, it will use normal zones first to travel then Temp zone.

Its like travelling in TO, instead of going in a streight line, it will go through all the zones it finds in its path to go through first instead of going to the Temp zone you have way up there that is not on any of thos path. Travelling that way, is the equivalent of travelling in a curve way instead of streight to it.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 01:14

usually its the straight way, except if there are pre-defined paths "nearby", then it will follow them...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”