Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 21:49

Yeah, I don't bother with Station Agents. See the series in my signature, there I simply focused on getting the PHQ, then started deploying money making SCH (small weapons) and used Dock Agents to sell the stock from the PHQ and Freighters (Courier later on) to ship it from the SCH to the PHQ.

Spending 600 for software for a ship that will be idle most of the time (for higher yield/slower produced goods) or will be busy but barely making any profit (for lower yield/quickly produced goods) doesn't strike me as great use of that money and ship :) But X3 and LU are sandbox games designed to let the player do whatever they want, so to each their own.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

BTAxis
x3tc

Post by BTAxis » Tue, 13. Mar 18, 10:17

Yeah, I'm just trying to make money using the tools available in the game. Unfortunately there's no money in trading (because the AI buys up everything except energy) and I can't do what you did in your LP (refurbishing damaged ships) because since I installed Missions Extended Reloaded I have no access to used ships and pilots never bail. I thought I'd set up my own industry, but it's proving too much of a pain in the ass. That leaves me with just doing missions.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Efficency of a mining fleet

Post by Lone Machete » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 19:12

Hey Litcube

I got a question

I am mobile mining with fleets consisting of an Orca TL with 200 Asp Miners to his feet. He follows them with a docking transporter extension (or whatever, the thing for 14'000'000 credits), this ensures they have ultra short ways to unload and it's actually the only way to make mining into a money machine. Then I got a Dolphin SF XL as courier to move the mined products to a dock. However, the problem is: As long as the courier is in the sector to pick up the minerals the Orca won't move since he has to wait for the Dolphin to dock (even if he got a transporter extension). This makes the Orca almost stay where he is, which is a bad thing if the Asps choose another debris field to go to in the meanwhile. Do you have any inteded solution to this? Moving the Orca is not an option, since I have a total of 8 such mining fleets, which would mean too much micro management. I found Jump beacons to be useful since they shorten the time the courier is in the mining sector, however there is no automation to pick it up when the Fleet changes the debris field.

bosik111
x4

Post by bosik111 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 00:41

Hey, I think there might be a problem with AI in my latest two games. I'm not sure if that's normal for the mod, but after losing about 30h of game to corrupted save I've started a new one, but it seems pirates are weirdly passive. They barely leave their sectors, and when they do, they do it in extremally small groups. Xenon activity seems to be reduced significantly too, although that attack gosu and black hole sun regularly. I've tried to export/import game, but that didn't do the trick.
Now why that is a problem is because I can barely find any bailed ships. I've been trying to use stock exchange and picking up used ships, but they are hardly a regular source of profit. As there are far fewer battlegrounds, the amount of loot to scavenge is also reduced, and it's practically impossible to properly level terran rep, since there are no pirates attacking Jupiter 3 outside of single ships once an hour or so. I've started another game, but after few hours it's not looking pretty either. I'm wondering if anybody had a problem like that before, or I'm just unlucky enough to end up in a galaxy filled with pacifist pirates two times in a row:) To roughly compare, at 30h I was about 500m net worth and was setting up my first SCH, now after about 20 I'm barely over 180, and that only because I was a bit lucky on stock exchange and found bailed m6 in a random system. I'm wondering if there's some hidden trigger that I have failed to trigger, or it's just bad luck in general.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 01:09

bosiks111 did you try Export/Import feature so you're not losing your game progress? That should fix almost all corruption issues.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

bosik111
x4

Post by bosik111 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 08:18

Yes, but that didn't seem to fix the problem. It's just like pirates are too lazy to leave their sectors :/
@ edit
Did it second time, it actually spawned couple of single pirate ships around and few large waves of xenon in various systems, after they got dealt with by AI there's hardly anything going as before.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 13:51

Hi there,

I've a question about the mission offered by PNJ in LU.
I stared a new moded LU carreer this weekend (with ADS, Misc Tweaks for LU, Phanon & Revelation +, Galactic News Services, Diverse game starts and SCH in Teladi Space), and only combat missions (station protection, assassination, patrol), asteroïd missions (scan and data offers), station building missions and ship offer mission are available.

I found no passenger transport missions nor resource delivery missions.

Is it intended in LU?
Thanks for your answer.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 15:04

[quote="hargn"
Is it intended in LU?
Thanks for your answer.[/quote]

Yup

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 14:57

Hey Litcube. I got a bug. MLCC ships won't retreat properly. Their action says "retreat", cmd is "none" or "idling", both inside and outside of their home sector. There should be enough docking space in their docks (got both OTAS ED). Any idea? How do I reset them apart from sending them home with the "return home command"?

Edit: Is it a bug of the "Phanon plus" addon?

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 09:52

My current playthrough is around 36 in-game hours and I barely get any large ships bails (only 2 M6's so far; yes, I have satellites in every sector and I'm using satellite monitoring very often :) ), so I would like to tweak it a bit.

Is changing

Code: Select all

<line linenr="039" indent="  ">
			<text>do</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>if</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>$Ran</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text><</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>30</var>
		</line>
lines for respective ship classes in Cmd.BailMaybe.xml in similar manner as above enough or do I have to edit any other lines/files to make big ships bail more often ?

Do I need to use I/E to make such changes work in my current game ?

Thanks in advance :)

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 14:22

I sat down last night with the game and my notebook ready to draw up some plans for fleet composition and production requirements and stuff. After hours of scribbling and horrible attempts at math I realized that all of my ridiculous overkill 400x SCHs weren't just overkill, they were inefficient in usage of Silicon as well, up to like, 150% coverage in Silicon, whereas a 300x in that situation would give near 100%. This made me check all of them and I noticed several others at 120% that weren't even at 400x.

I knew that I had an overabundance of certain resources, but seeing that nearly broke my wrist from the resulting facepalm. Now I have to rebuild like 30 SCHs because of my stupidity so I can get more out of the limited silicon and ore and actually use these 50 something billion credits to benefit to the universe.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 21:54

The way I do it to find "ideal" sizes of SCH is trying to find the smallest size SCH of the type I'm interested in that doesn't result in almost any surplus. I start with say SCH50 and then go down or up in steps of 5 (because 5 factories of some type are served with one food factory of size L) until I hit something that only uses L factories and XXL (or close to XXL) solar power plant. Then once I found that magic SCH number I simply multiply it by 2/3/etc (as long as it results in a <SCH400, since we cannot have larger than those) and use that.

Notes:
- finding the "magic" number in one sector doesn't mean it applies in other sectors because the solar production depends on sun intensity which varies with each sector
- the "magic" number of some types of SCH (like high end weapon/missile production) works for a range of similar products
- this all could be automated of course with some smart coding but hey, where's the fun in that :D
[ external image ]

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 04:57

Good morning guys, i was already searching and Googled about what SCH Produkt is the most profitable one, i read alot about Massdrivers BUT no One ever said, if they are using the Argon or Split one in fact that the Argon also produces ammunition, or am i wrong? Sorry for my noob question but in the Moment im not able to Start my Game and lookup the diffrence between Them, im on work trip, also the prices, so i was wondering if some of you nice helping guys could help me out so that i can directly start trough when im back home? Sorry for my well Not Perfect englisch, im from Germany ^^

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 07:13

Freenan wrote:Good morning guys, i was already searching and Googled about what SCH Produkt is the most profitable one, i read alot about Massdrivers BUT no One ever said, if they are using the Argon or Split one in fact that the Argon also produces ammunition, or am i wrong? Sorry for my noob question but in the Moment im not able to Start my Game and lookup the diffrence between Them, im on work trip, also the prices, so i was wondering if some of you nice helping guys could help me out so that i can directly start trough when im back home? Sorry for my well Not Perfect englisch, im from Germany ^^
I believe the Split version is more profitable, as the starting costs are lower.

Also no weapons use ammo in LU, only in vanilla.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 13:23

memeics wrote:
That's smart advice, thanks for sharing.

Now if only there were a way to change an SCH to a different multiplier without having to go buy all new ones and replace them.

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 18:18

Hello, I'd love to give this mod a try but I would like to ask few questions first.

As I understand correctly this mod is best served with big armadas and massive battles.

Since I'm not really into heavy empire-building I'm always playing as a combat and dogfight oriented bounty hunter / scavenger with only a dozen of specialized caps and fighters.

Unfortunatelly I've read in mod description that weapons consume far more energy and also energy regeneration on ships is greatly reduced. So my playstyle would be heavily hindered.

Is it possible to somehow manually increase energy balance on ships via file modification? Would it crash the game? Or maybe there's a LU addon that could grant me what I'm looking for?

I would like energy balance similar to how it was in good old XRM.
I could of course just play XRM and problem solved but it's been so many years - I would like to try something new :)
And if there's a way to improve comfort of my gameplay I'd love to know if it's possible.

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 18:25

I recommend sticking with XRM.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:00

Don't listen to the grumpy guy, download X3 Editor and edit X3\addon\07.cat\TBullets.

And have fun spending weeks searching for the right balance! :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:02

I would totally listen to me.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:11

I would too. But the customer wants more energy, I give him more energy. I'm a customer-caring guy.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”