Mouse control input?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Onerious Deletion
x4

Mouse control input?

Post by Onerious Deletion » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 00:40

I only have one simple question that should be available to be answered.

I played X3:R and enjoyed the direct mouse input. TC/AP also had it and I grew to love it. I do not enjoy the controll where you follow the mouse instead of direct input. I know with Rebirth I couldn't find a way to get the controls to respond like that.

Will X4 have that style of control or will it be the same as rebirth where it follows the mouse instead of the mouse directs it?

If someone knows about Rebirth having the direct input and can tell me how to get that style of control, I may be finally able to do a play-through of Rebirth. Thank you all for you time.

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 00:51

Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 00:59

Thank you. I did a quick search but I must not have looked hard enough. That thread seems to cover this question fairly well. That is enough for me. Thanks again.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 16:42

I believe Rebirth does behave that way if you use a controller or joystick for control, but not with the mouse sadly. There we only get the 'delayed' turning by following the cursor as we move it around instead of being direct axis turning with no 'lag' as we move the mouse around.

The only way I can work with the aiming mode in Rebirth is constantly using spacebar to engage/disengage the steering to the mouse because on a controller I can simply let go of the joystick to stop steering but with the mouse you either have to move from your position back to the centre maunally, or use the spacebar to disengage it quickly, but it's not as good as the joystick then because your cursor remains where it was before.

I would also prefer to see the classic mode come back, and many others do in that thread linked above as well. Let's hope :)

refuse
x4

Re: Mouse control input?

Post by refuse » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 20:15

Blood-Hunter wrote:I only have one simple question that should be available to be answered.
I asked this question several times, but nobody did not be able to give answer.
I dont know why. So simple question and the developers totaly ignored it.
I am little dissapointed, becouse of the bad controlling in X-rebirth. x-rebirth is totaly unplayable for me.

Return to “X4: Foundations”