Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 22:06

Is it a known bug that the Aamon doesn't show up in the "my property" screen? Or have I screwed up something but good?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 22:09

Turn off "hide in property menu". I think.

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 22:13

Crap, thanks. As suspected, I screwed something up.

Ignore me. i r n00b.

(All I wanted was an order completed notice.... was that too much to ask?)

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 09:10

The SCH thing seems like it might be tricky to change what with the way they're all currently balanced to output the same percentage of ship building materials (aside from Energy Cells, at least in 500% suns) compared to how much is needed. If there's anything I might be able to do, I'd be happy to help out.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 18:31

How do I use the "Market Capacity" and "Market Averages" to increase my profit? For example, I see medical equipment with a total of 13 billion profit in the capacity section. Does that mean that I should build a Medical Equipment SCH to be able to make a large profit?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 19:53

That's what it should mean, yes (assuming the AI doesn't suddenly start meeting that demand and/or those stations taking the product aren't destroyed and/or you have good enough relations to trade that product). But when sizing your production to meet this demand consider that in LU you cannot sell to a station unless that station takes that product and has capacity for it (capacity is slowly made available to simulate constant consumption of products). What I mean is that right now there may be a 13 billion worth of credits opportunity for Medical Equipment but the "per hour consumption" of that product may be far less, which means that when you size your production you have to be careful not to over produce. Although I guess you can always just sell off your SCH (and the stations inside them) once you meet the demand.

DON'T FORGET to "uninstall" the asteroid resources from a SCH before you sell it off or you will permanently be removing those asteroid resources from your game.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 21:23

memeics wrote:That's what it should mean, yes (assuming the AI doesn't suddenly start meeting that demand and/or those stations taking the product aren't destroyed and/or you have good enough relations to trade that product). But when sizing your production to meet this demand consider that in LU you cannot sell to a station unless that station takes that product and has capacity for it (capacity is slowly made available to simulate constant consumption of products). What I mean is that right now there may be a 13 billion worth of credits opportunity for Medical Equipment but the "per hour consumption" of that product may be far less, which means that when you size your production you have to be careful not to over produce. Although I guess you can always just sell off your SCH (and the stations inside them) once you meet the demand.

DON'T FORGET to "uninstall" the asteroid resources from a SCH before you sell it off or you will permanently be removing those asteroid resources from your game.
Thank you for confirming what I suspected. Can you estimate how large a SCH should I make for such a demand, from your experience?

And yes, I know to uninstall the asteroid resources, I either saw you mention that in another post or you said so in one of your let's play videos. I have seen all of them btw, they were very useful :D .

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 21:52

(thanks for the feedback!)

That's a good question, I would need to know the total capacity available now + replenishing rate. The former is probably available in the Market Capacity screen if I remember well (anyway, it's what that script uses to compute the credits) but no idea about the latter which might also be a percentage of the whole capacity of that ware which would mean that first you need to find out what the capacity for the ware is on every station then apply the percentage replenishing rate.

More real answer: deploy the largest SCH you can afford for that ware then watch the market and see if it starts dropping too fast. You may have to downgrade which will still give you back most of the money that you spent on building the SCH.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 08:37

Okay, thank you. I will experiment today.

Sun-Ku
x3

Post by Sun-Ku » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 23:12

Hi all, I am playing Litcube again and didn't had this issue since now. (played some hundreds of hours of X)

When I activate SETA, it will accelerate at the normal rate, but when it hit 10x it will slow down to 2x or 3x after 1 to 3 seconds.
I can see it clearly while activating and deactivating SETA several times while on the sector map. When it's charging SETA it will accelerate and then slow down after hitting 10x. Has nothing to do whats happening right now, always normally charge up and then slow down.

I have 30 UT
6 SCH
1 headquarter
1 mining fleet with 8 Miner Kea, I thought it was the miners, because it happened after I started the mining operation, but even if I dock the miners, nothing improves.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 23:35

What mods are you using?

Does doing an Export/Import seem to fix your issue?

Usually SETA slowdowns are the result of further modifications to LU as unmodified LU can keep SETA going at 10x even in the end game (10 ingame days old savegame). That said, X3 in general is not a very scalable engine and things will slow down for one reason or another, and Export/Import can fix a wide range of issues.
[ external image ]

Sun-Ku
x3

Post by Sun-Ku » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 23:57

memeics wrote:What mods are you using?

Does doing an Export/Import seem to fix your issue?

Usually SETA slowdowns are the result of further modifications to LU as unmodified LU can keep SETA going at 10x even in the end game (10 ingame days old savegame). That said, X3 in general is not a very scalable engine and things will slow down for one reason or another, and Export/Import can fix a wide range of issues.
The Joubarbian Toolkit
Satellites Monitoring 1.8
LU-GoldUI

but those were active for days. The seta slowdown is since today.

I will try the export/import, thx for your help :)

(btw, love your LU let's play)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 00:03

Check sectors for an invincible ship. You could be the unlucky winner of a rare bug to which I cannot find the answer.

Sun-Ku
x3

Post by Sun-Ku » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 00:09

Litcube wrote:Check sectors for an invincible ship. You could be the unlucky winner of a rare bug to which I cannot find the answer.
How do I find such a ship? ^^ There are 2 Xenon M2 in Pirate sectors who always clear the sector of everything since they appeared, i only have an M6 right now.

Would export/import get rid of the invincible ship? (Well I will do it regardless, right now)

Sun-Ku
x3

Post by Sun-Ku » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 00:51

I imported the game and it runs fine again, thanks :)

The one Xenon M2 was deleted and massive pirate fleets spawned in the pirate sectors where it was empty before.

I got a shock first when I saw they were all hostile, but then i remembered the global enemy settings. Still some pirates and stations are still hostile while I am at rank 5 with the pirates.

I saw that the export script deleted all free-flowing wares, maybe that could have been an issue?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 01:04

I could be wrong but I think the state Friend/Foe of an object in X3 (station or ship) is determined upon your relationship with the owning faction at the time of the object's creation, ie those pirate stations will stay as enemy stations until you or someone else destroys them and then when they respawn they will use the new faction relationships. Of course, if you destroy them that'll hurt your relationship with the owning faction.

When I said that X3 is an engine that will eventually become slow I meant that as a game becomes older and older more objects are being tracked by the engine and more scripts run. Some particular causes for slowdowns (rare immortal ship, leaked global scripts) can be found and dealt with but sooner or later X3 will just be slow because there are just too many things happening in the universe, not because of particular bugs. You have a choice in spending time hunting the cause of such slowdowns or doing Export/Import and keep on playing.
[ external image ]

Sun-Ku
x3

Post by Sun-Ku » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 02:47

would the increase of the rep change their hostile status? They changed when i first got in the positive with pirates.

naturecat

Post by naturecat » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 10:11

Thanks very much for your mod.This is a perfect mod,I like it.You are very good author。

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 10:44

Out of curiosity with the SCH thing I mentioned, would I be right in thinking that you wouldn't decrease the production amount to match the currently provided surplus values, you would instead code the math to increase the required factories to install so that the surplus would match the currently provided production values? Seems like that would be the way to go without having to mess with factory files or production output balance, just an increase in the price, TL cargo space and ore/silicon requirements of certain SCH configs. If there's a consistent ratio between how much is needed and how much is produced in those cases it might be possible to account for it in the math, but it'd suck if it came out to be that a 200x SCH required the equivalent of 200.5x of the product's normal station type.

I'm finally making a little bit of progress on learning scripting and the inner workings of the game and I started thinking about this along with what Joubarbe said about relative value.

EDIT: Okay yeah the fractions thing seems like it'll really be a major PITA. Is it possible to math out 2 sets of factories, like one set will just straight-up be the output factories, so 80 Cahoona Bakery Ls for a 400x SCH, but then calculate all the resources required to run those as a separate set to be added to the list of required factories, including any further Cahoona Bakeries needed, possibly of M size instead for more granularity? Still would have some potentially severe over-coverage, but it wouldn't require anything to be hardcoded, as I understand it, and I'd think it'd be as close as you can get. As close without using some kind of specially-scripted system that's even more abstract compared to the current system based on the stations, which I'm guessing wouldn't align so much with the LU design philosophy not to mention requiring much more work.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 12:43

Please do not create a new patch for LU just now, I'm about to start a new and modified LU 1.7.2 game. Porting all of my changes to a new patch is tedious work, don't make me do that! :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”