Terran Commander Xenon Hub Problem - resolved (TOA links don't qualify)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Xcentric
x3

Terran Commander Xenon Hub Problem - resolved (TOA links don't qualify)

Post by Xcentric » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 15:25

Hi;
I decided to return to Albion Prelude and play as a Terran Commander. At the end of Operation Loose Ends I managed to get hold of the Xenon Hub. I managed to realign the gates only once; from there on, even when realignment is ready and E cells are maxed up inside the station, no gates can be realigned. Is it a bug or what else?

Thanks anybody for an eventual replay in advance :)
Ren to Yisha: "It's fantastic to have a friend like me. I'd like to have a friend like me.
Unfortunately, I have a friend like you......"

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 15:37

What happens when you try to realign the gates?

If you're running the Steam version, let Steam verify the game to ensure that there's no problem with the installation.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Xcentric
x3

Post by Xcentric » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 17:51

Ah, Ok, Thank you so much for the prompt reply. will do it right away.
Ren to Yisha: "It's fantastic to have a friend like me. I'd like to have a friend like me.

Xcentric
x3

Post by Xcentric » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 17:55

In facts, I can only realign it once, and only linking Segaris to Megnir. even with a sufficient energy cells replenishment, no subsequent realignment can be obtained, whith the cooldown time ended and the gate realignment being "ready".

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 18:39

Have you definitely completed all aspects of the plot?

I know that at various stages in the Loose Ends plot, the Hub can only work for specific gate linkages (and one of those is with Segaris and then you have to kill all plot target ships in the Hub sector to progress). The Hub gets completely handed over to the player and free to use as they wish only at the end of everything from Loose Ends, as I recall it - I could be wrong though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xcentric
x3

Post by Xcentric » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 19:44

Yes I completed Loose ends plot and got congratulated, after killing all Argon ships, an I was given the hub's control. I was able to link Segaris to Megnir without any problem. After cooldown, the hub says it is ready to realign, and even putting 30K Energy cells, which flled it, I have no success. I choose gate realignment and I'm told to choose a sector. If I type eg Saturn then I choose the west gate to uranus, pressing enter returns me to the Hub's menu with nothing happening.
Sorry for bring a pain on a relatively old game, but I still like it a lot.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 20:30

You cannot use the Hub between Saturn and Uranus as Saturn has TOAs and not Jumpgates. You can only do even a player ship jump to Saturn by using the Jump Beacon there.

You need to look for Jumpgate links for the Hub.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xcentric
x3

Post by Xcentric » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 23:07

Got it, now; I just realized that only the upper terran sectors cannot be linked, while the rest can. Thank you very much indeed, yo've been extremely patient and helpful.

:thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”