X3TC New Events or Plotlines?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

X3TC New Events or Plotlines?

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 03:27

I treked through Argon territory and get a message from a Sayreen Yatar that an Argon Colossus has been hijacked by Yaki, BOLO. Nothing pops up in my mission log.
Am I missing something in the plot if I skip or ignore this?

Besides trying to find out if this "New Home" was a mod or a plotline... (Yes I have ApricotSlice's game guide, but if a mod WHERE? Searches come up dry except for mentions but not WHERE IS THE @$!#! mod?) ... Anyone willing to tell me if it's part of TC 2.5 or where I download it. Searches only come up with mentions and a walk through.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

RainerPrem
x4

Re: X3TC New Events or Plotlines?

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 07:23

Hank001 wrote:I treked through Argon territory and get a message from a Sayreen Yatar that an Argon Colossus has been hijacked by Yaki, BOLO. Nothing pops up in my mission log.
Am I missing something in the plot if I skip or ignore this?

Besides trying to find out if this "New Home" was a mod or a plotline... (Yes I have ApricotSlice's game guide, but if a mod WHERE? Searches come up dry except for mentions but not WHERE IS THE @$!#! mod?) ... Anyone willing to tell me if it's part of TC 2.5 or where I download it. Searches only come up with mentions and a walk through.
Hi,

the first message is a hint that another plot has started. Look for the blue mission logo at one of the stations in "Pirate Alley".

"New Home" is part of the vanilla game and starts in the same area. You'll get a message, when you in the vicinity of "Danna's Chance".

Hint: You can find that all with a tool called "Google".

cu
Rainer

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 08:47

I tried googling it and ended up... well most links are dead. :oops:
ApricotSlice threw me by putting the walkthrough after a long talk on buggy mods. (New Home).

Thanks for the hint about pirates alley.
Will look.

:lol:
MIND THE GAP

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 17:11

you will find a number of things in the X series started off as mods, but were finally adopted as part of the game, after permission from the mod authors.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 21:30

Well compaire to when I played TC back when it shipped this is whole different game. I LOVE IT! :D

And then I get swatted by a pack of Yaki :evil:

Then one of my factories gets slagged my
a caravelle. :headbang:

Ususal fun that keeps you coming back to the game,
so thanks for the tips people. :wink:
MIND THE GAP

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 00:07

Double posting here, but didn't find the pirates until I updated the shipped 2.5 version to 3.4. Same with New Home where I was all over the area but never heard a peep. Once upgraded it all fell into place. Plus it plays better (which should be needless to say).

:lol:

TC 3.4's Game pad support rocks! Though it couldn't beat my joystick until I tried it! :D :thumb_up:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”