"incoming Message" as a text ring tone ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lexi565

"incoming Message" as a text ring tone ?

Post by Lexi565 » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 22:26

is there any way to get this with the noise it makes to signal you ? just wondered if anyone could help me out here

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 22:33

Maybe this?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Wed, 5. Sep 12, 22:37

i was just pondering this like an hour ago.... Lexi please get out of my head.... :P

dlong41123
x3tc

Post by dlong41123 » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 22:24

i poked around in the cats and such, i found the audio for the sector music and the notification ding, but there didnt seem to be enough files to cover all the shipboard computer sounds, such as "entering system" "(System name)" i cant seem to locate these specific files myself.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 22:34

I think this is a topic for the Scripting and Modding forum, where you're more likely to get help.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Geodessia

What format

Post by Geodessia » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 01:42

Hi, I can do it but I need to know what format your ring tones play as.

EDIT: Aaand, I'm done. Apparently MP3 files work on most phones so I made that, and an m4a for Iphones.

You'll probably want to use the file: IC2pulse, which goes Pulse/"Incoming message" ..... Pulse... and repeats.

IC1pulse is just the Pulse/"Incoming message"... and was GOING to be for when you get text messages (That was the one I was going to use) But making text message sounds seems VERY hard with Iphone, but the file is in there too in M4r (M4a for macs) and MP3 in case it's easier for you.

I have read somewhere PC's need it to be m4r, and Mac use m4a

http://www.filedropper.com/x3message

ANOTHER EDIT: LOL never mind. The AAC files (M4a/r) Work with text tones too ^ ^
==KAY BETCHES, LETS STORM THE BRIDGE==

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: What format

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 08:27

Geodessia wrote:Hi, I can do it but I need to know what format your ring tones play as.

EDIT: Aaand, I'm done. Apparently MP3 files work on most phones so I made that, and an m4a for Iphones. ...
Err.. Not meaning to bring you down, but distributing copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright holder is against the law. Yes, you can mod the game. But, you can't extract game data and then redistribute it for other uses without the holder's permission.

Of course, if Egosoft doesn't mind people doing that, that's their business. Enforcing the copyright IS their business, after all, not mine. A "grey area" would be instructing the OP how to do it themselves.

(Egosoft "might" give permission for something like what you've done, but I'd think their lawyers would have seizures...)

Jack08
x3tc

Re: What format

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 11:20

Morkonan wrote:
Geodessia wrote:Hi, I can do it but I need to know what format your ring tones play as.

EDIT: Aaand, I'm done. Apparently MP3 files work on most phones so I made that, and an m4a for Iphones. ...
Err.. Not meaning to bring you down, but distributing copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright holder is against the law. Yes, you can mod the game. But, you can't extract game data and then redistribute it for other uses without the holder's permission.

Of course, if Egosoft doesn't mind people doing that, that's their business. Enforcing the copyright IS their business, after all, not mine. A "grey area" would be instructing the OP how to do it themselves.

(Egosoft "might" give permission for something like what you've done, but I'd think their lawyers would have seizures...)
somehow i don't think egosoft are going to swoop down and slap a copyright infringement notice on a few second audio file. I would behighly surprised if they did, And then surprised that it hasn't already happened considering there's already a Betty ringtone on one of the android apps - i have it myself! ( tho perhaps i shouldn't admit to that... :oops: )

*Waits for CBJ or Xenon_Slayer to appear in the tall grass*
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

dlong41123
x3tc

Post by dlong41123 » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 16:56

I personally love to tinker, as i have done so a handful of times with X3. Its great you managed to put something together yourself, though like the Copyright nazi said, i would have liked a "found the betty files in Cat#.cat" or something. I would have liked to make my own betty voice-overs for various functions.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 17:04

dlong41123 wrote:I personally love to tinker, as i have done so a handful of times with X3. Its great you managed to put something together yourself, though like the Copyright nazi said, i would have liked a "found the betty files in Cat#.cat" or something. I would have liked to make my own betty voice-overs for various functions.
/X3TC/mov/00144.dat
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

dlong41123
x3tc

Post by dlong41123 » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 17:07

Just thought of a few cool betty functions for ones phone.

Open weather app - "Entering System: Wretched Skies"
System settings - "Entering System: Power Circle"
Silent mode enabled: "Alert: Depths of Silence"

Geodessia

Post by Geodessia » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 17:17

dlong41123 wrote:Just thought of a few cool betty functions for ones phone.

Open weather app - "Entering System: Wretched Skies"
System settings - "Entering System: Power Circle"
Silent mode enabled: "Alert: Depths of Silence"
I am now too afraid to do those :P
==KAY BETCHES, LETS STORM THE BRIDGE==

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 22:45

If there was an issue with the OP's request do you not think that a mod would not have firstly moved it here in the first place!

give the man his ringtone or tell him how to is all that is needed

if there was a problem here it would be under my imperial boot by now or pinned to the wall slowly being constricted of oxygen
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

dlong41123
x3tc

Post by dlong41123 » Wed, 12. Sep 12, 16:56

LV wrote:If there was an issue with the OP's request do you not think that a mod would not have firstly moved it here in the first place!

give the man his ringtone or tell him how to is all that is needed

if there was a problem here it would be under my imperial boot by now or pinned to the wall slowly being constricted of oxygen
LV you are a terrible person, Now i am having difficulty NOT picturing Anne Hathaway as catwoman in the new batman movie.... using her stupid sexy boots in such a fashion!

Also back on topic i am having difficulty extracting that data file Jack mentioned above.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 12. Sep 12, 17:28

Also back on topic i am having difficulty extracting that data file Jack mentioned above.
You dont extract it, rename it to .wav and open it in an audio editing program

(Make sure its a well written audio editing program, the file is 13 hours long)
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

dlong41123
x3tc

Post by dlong41123 » Wed, 12. Sep 12, 19:23

oh wow one long audio stream ok ill give that a shot.

Edit: Apparently Audacity (my favorite) is not well written enough :( any suggestions?

Phyreztorm
x3ap

Post by Phyreztorm » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 18:51

If anyone is still interested in having the ships incoming message alert on their phone I've uploaded one on zedge.net http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1574990/?cep=1

I renamed the 00144 file to a .wav then had to convert it to mp3 so audacity was able to work with it. I used tuneconvert to convert it to mp3.

nine9six
x3ap

Post by nine9six » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 15:47

Thanks man! I extracted the 1008 file, but it was just the 'tone' and not the dialog. This is exactly what I was looking for, without having to spend all day to obtain it.

iCeFrEsH
x3tc

Post by iCeFrEsH » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 23:07

Phyreztorm wrote:If anyone is still interested in having the ships incoming message alert on their phone I've uploaded one on zedge.net http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1574990/?cep=1

I renamed the 00144 file to a .wav then had to convert it to mp3 so audacity was able to work with it. I used tuneconvert to convert it to mp3.
Man, thank you SO much for this, I've spent so much time and energy looking for this! I really appreciate your help!
"Das heißt, eine logarithmische Spirale raum-zeitlich betrachtet nach INNEN!"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”