Pirates blew up my trade route and then blew me up

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zeether

Pirates blew up my trade route and then blew me up

Post by Zeether » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 01:13

I started on Humble Merchant and was doing ore runs in Ore Belt to Plutarch HQ, then at some point a bunch of pirates came in and destroyed Plutarch then turned on me and destroyed me as well!

Please tell me NPC stations repair themselves, I can load a previous save but it's beyond frustrating that a bunch of smeghead pirates can just come in and wreck me! :evil:

(For the record I wasn't on a mission, I know missions for those places do not come back)

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 02:08

Docks like the Plutarch HQ jump respawn eventually. Respawn times is usually within 72 game hours.

Zeether

Post by Zeether » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 02:22

How long is that in actual hours? Do I have to leave the game on for that long or can I just sit in one place with SETA on?

Edit: I swear this game needs a bloody clock or something, I've sat around for several hours in real time and nothing's come up. You'd think Egosoft would put an actual indicator of time passing in game, but nope. Also is there a mod to make locations invincible so I don't have to do this again?

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Pirates blew up my trade route and then blew me up

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 05:34

Zeether wrote:I started on Humble Merchant and was doing ore runs in Ore Belt to Plutarch HQ, then at some point a bunch of pirates came in and destroyed Plutarch then turned on me and destroyed me as well!

Please tell me NPC stations repair themselves, I can load a previous save but it's beyond frustrating that a bunch of smeghead pirates can just come in and wreck me! :evil:

(For the record I wasn't on a mission, I know missions for those places do not come back)
Hi,

there are MANY other stations buying ore .. and for a much better price.

cu
Rainer

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 10:10

Zeether wrote:How long is that in actual hours? Do I have to leave the game on for that long or can I just sit in one place with SETA on?

Edit: I swear this game needs a bloody clock or something, I've sat around for several hours in real time and nothing's come up. You'd think Egosoft would put an actual indicator of time passing in game, but nope. Also is there a mod to make locations invincible so I don't have to do this again?
One ingame hour equals one real hour. On SETA x2 one ingame hour equals 0.5 real hours and so on.

There's a clock in the Pilot menu (press 'p' twice) at the top of the menu next to "Flying". But as RainerPrem already mentioned, there's no need to sit in space next to the former location of a station waiting for its respawn, when you can do so many other things in the meantime. Explore the universe with your Discoverer and try to find new places where you can sell your wares.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zeether

Post by Zeether » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 16:02

I actually found a couple new routes, also got the best buy/sell trade software and my credits have basically almost tripled what I had before the pirates showed up.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 05:31

Zeether wrote:I actually found a couple new routes, also got the best buy/sell trade software and my credits have basically almost tripled what I had before the pirates showed up.
if you can't beat them, join them :wink:

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 22:35

I was pirate friendly from day 1 and they never really gave me much trouble. A couple of strays here and there needed to be blown out of the sky, but the rest behaved :)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 23:23

It took me getting a factory destroyed a couple of times to realize DON'T PUT A FACTORY ON PIRATES PATROL ROUTES! That Galley or Caravelle is going to show up sooner or later and do what it's suppose to do. When I realized this and confined my merchant activity to well guarded core systems I never had that problem again. That might change when I have enough buckzoids to buy an M0 or the like, but when you're first factory comes by selling that LX that gave up and turned blue, then you just don't want to lose it! STAY AWAY FROM PIRATE TERRITORY! :pirat: = :skull:
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 01:24

OOS pirates only go for stuff within 30km of their ships so having your factories above the ecliptic is a good idea. If you avoid killing pirates in missions you can easily befriend them or just have enough illegals complexes.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 05:34

Hank001 wrote:It took me getting a factory destroyed a couple of times to realize DON'T PUT A FACTORY ON PIRATES PATROL ROUTES! That Galley or Caravelle is going to show up sooner or later and do what it's suppose to do. When I realized this and confined my merchant activity to well guarded core systems I never had that problem again. That might change when I have enough buckzoids to buy an M0 or the like, but when you're first factory comes by selling that LX that gave up and turned blue, then you just don't want to lose it! STAY AWAY FROM PIRATE TERRITORY! :pirat: = :skull:
Or befriend them, and you can sell as much weed and booze as your factories can produce.

cu
Rainer

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 06:37

Now there's a thought. OH Well. Yo Ho Ho. :pirat:
MIND THE GAP

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 22:36

DrSuperEvil wrote:OOS pirates only go for stuff within 30km of their ships so having your factories above the ecliptic is a good idea. If you avoid killing pirates in missions you can easily befriend them or just have enough illegals complexes.
That's only true for pirates passing through an area. Just like the other races, pirates occasionally send out raiding parties to attack specific targets, including player assets. They also occasionally spawn at the edges of sectors and proceed to fly around until they spot something to shoot at. You're really not safe anywhere, except perhaps in well guarded core sectors. :pirat:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 23:28

GRAND Exchange. Not so grand. PIRATES PARADISE would be a more apt name. Swept in later on that Terran mission to see the Teladi. Not one but two Khaak Carriers and associated broods were at work. The sector looked like a Final Fury mission! :o

First :pirat: Then :khaak:

Think I'm smarter sticking in the Terran sectors!
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”