Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 05:04

Hannity (two n's) has a problem, but FOX has a bigger one. He's suppose to be a "journalist" he reports "news". What he didn't do was inform his viewers he had a connection with Cohan. Even when he was calling the investigation and the raid a witch hunt. It was a big shock and those "gasps" in the courtroom came from the media. In fact you can pretty much bet THAT was the reason he didn't want want his name brought into this. Now he can pretty much kiss his career goodbye. Not that I ever saw him on Fox, but his radio I have and I'm sure that's long for the airwaves after this is over.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 05:10

So how did the Fox cover the story, it sort of went:

So the lawyer stood up and said the 3rd client was Shean Hannity. So now moving onto another story.

That was it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 05:21

On Fox? Sorry I'm sans cable TV at the moment but it probably goes...

(Ahem... Announcer voice) "And in court today the vile forces f the deep state forced Cohen to reveal the name of a client! Which turned out to be none other than our own Sean Hannity! Breaking ever rule of attorney-client privilage the forces of darkness once again toss the constitution under the bus..."

And within a few days report he's been let go for something palatable to their viewers like a sexual harassment charge. :D
MIND THE GAP

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 09:09

Aside:
Hank001 wrote:Hannity (two n's)
Yup. It felt wrong as I was typing it, so I checked and for some reason didn't change it. I guess I just couldn't believe anything I was reading!
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 09:23

I guess most people finding their way here will be up to speed on what's gone on these past few months, but if not, here's a primer and explainer of the mess Cohen's in: https://www.popehat.com/2018/04/16/laws ... itigation/
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 11:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8EHXysiTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHT-tz92Lo

..panto season has been extended :lol:

- meanwhile, back at the ranch - the UK has it's own voter manipulation enquiry:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... referendum

- apologies for the ghastly photo headlining the article..
:roll:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 11:55

Hank001 wrote:On Fox? Sorry I'm sans cable TV at the moment but it probably goes...

(Ahem... Announcer voice) "And in court today the vile forces f the deep state forced Cohen to reveal the name of a client! Which turned out to be none other than our own Sean Hannity! Breaking ever rule of attorney-client privilage the forces of darkness once again toss the constitution under the bus..."
You're almost right. . . . the live reveal on Fox basically went.

And we're all very keen to find out who this 3rd person is, WHY is it being kept SECRET from YOU the public that need to know, it must be some kind of cover-up, probably a democrat, more evidence of the corruption rife within the FBI etc. . . . . and it's. . . . . . one of us. . . . . "ok, moving on"

Paraphrased apart from the bit is quotes, which were genuinely the words that followed their stating of the name.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 14:50

I'd magine there are more than a few red faces at FOX. They were already getting flak about "journalistic integrity". They had the Bill O'Rielly sex harrassment affair and reportage deliberately dancing around Trump's falsehoods. Hannity's rants I get were one of their higher rated shows after they booted Bill. Fox according to CBS news is calling Hannity an "infotainer" not a jounalist.

:? Okay....

UPDATE: Just got pinged by Amazon. Comey's book is ready for upload. (Despite news Today was the release date. I preordered.)
So I'll be reading my kindle today and take a break.)
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 15:34

Nice link, thanks Rapier.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 21:22

Rapier wrote:Hannity first said he'd never retained Cohen as a lawyer or had him represent him ...
Cohen has three clients... Trump, who's need for a lawyer can not be questioned, that "fund raiser" for the campaign/party, who really, really, "wtf I need a lawyer right now"'d needed a lawyer and, now, we discover Hannity needed a lawyer and we're supposed to believe that just "out of the blue" Hannity picked the least-used-by-anyone attorney on the block just by throwing a dart at a phone book and ending up with Cohen?

And, we're supposed to believe that this attorney, who seems to specialize in the very esoteric legal practice of "not having any actual clients" just happened to be selected by Hannity so he could just ask him about what maintains are a few simple, mundane, questions about... real-estate?

Yeah, right "real estate," I get it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPX-mW4l1rU

;)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Apr 18, 21:41

Cute! Needed a break from wading through Comey's Mia Culpa. :roll:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 20:10

- To catch a Trump, you need to increase the heat slowly..
- like the frog in the experiment - he will be boiled alive before he realizes what's going on..
- watching him stew is both fascinating and macabre..
- meanwhile, more popcorn please.. :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 01:33

After muddling through Comey's book last night I woke up this morning before the alarm! Thanks Comey! Your sophistry is a dead sure cure for insolmnia! By the way James, integrity and ethics aren't exactly the same thing. :P
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 01:35

Hank001 wrote:After muddling through Comey's book last night I woke up this morning before the alarm! Thanks Comey! Your sophistry is a dead sure cure for insolmnia! By the way James, integrity and ethics aren't exactly the same thing. :P
Interesting. I'm not going to read it, but what did you make of it all?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 01:40

Must have been good if you have finished it already, or had nothing else better to do.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 02:58

I'm currently completing an assignment for Christian Ethics in which one of the questions is to explain how a person like DT with his lack of personal virtue and his loathesome persona can become the darling of [notoriously conservative and judgemental] American evangelicals. . . .
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 03:35

Okay, First I'm not even close to finishing Comey's magnum opus. I zonked half way through Chapter Two and a good snooze book you just DO NOT waste reading in daylight.

What I make of it is a "Mia Culpa" for botching the election. This I figured ahead of time, but a dump on Trump a bit too.

As for Chistian Ethics I'd ask, "What Flavor".

Most of REALLY conservative types around here are saying, "Trump's the antichrist and we were all dupped" and just as happy as clams that Trump being said Antichrist spells the coming of the end of days... and so on. Basically the Christian Right was willing to vote for a shaved goat if it meant Hillary wasn't elected. So now they are stringing barbed wire around their enclaves and stocking up on canned goods and such. Think I'm kidding? Too much hyperbole there? Get a Short Wave receiver. They are practically cooking the airwaves saying as much. TV too since we have no loss than three christian TV stations broadcasting around here. Summed up they saw if you're not X religion like us then you're going to hell.
(Fundimenalists are like that no matter what religion). :wink:
MIND THE GAP

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 04:57

Hank001 wrote: As for Chistian Ethics I'd ask, "What Flavor".
In our case, the "flavour" (heh!) is Christian Brethren - a fairly small, highly conservative evangelical denomination. The fact that WE are saying that the American Evangelicals have drunk the Kool-Aid should be deeply concerning - we're about as conservative as Christians in Australia get.
Most of REALLY conservative types around here are saying, "Trump's the antichrist and we were all dupped" and just as happy as clams that Trump being said Antichrist spells the coming of the end of days... and so on. Basically the Christian Right was willing to vote for a shaved goat if it meant Hillary wasn't elected. So now they are stringing barbed wire around their enclaves and stocking up on canned goods and such. Think I'm kidding? Too much hyperbole there? Get a Short Wave receiver. They are practically cooking the airwaves saying as much. TV too since we have no loss than three christian TV stations broadcasting around here. Summed up they saw if you're not X religion like us then you're going to hell.
(Fundimenalists are like that no matter what religion). :wink:
Well, the reality is that about 60-something percent of American white Evangelicals still support Trump. Though it makes sense to me that there would be a significant amount of "What have we done?!" when evangelicals look at the creature they have elected in their name . . . .
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 12:46

Usenko wrote:I'm currently completing an assignment for Christian Ethics in which one of the questions is to explain how a person like DT with his lack of personal virtue and his loathesome persona can become the darling of [notoriously conservative and judgemental] American evangelicals. . . .
- it's high time these charlatans were exposed for their bad teaching
- well done, Christian Brethren..!!

- thank you Mr U.. :)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 13:03

BugMeister wrote:
Usenko wrote:I'm currently completing an assignment for Christian Ethics in which one of the questions is to explain how a person like DT with his lack of personal virtue and his loathesome persona can become the darling of [notoriously conservative and judgemental] American evangelicals. . . .
- it's high time these charlatans were exposed for their bad teaching
- well done, Christian Brethren..!!

- thank you Mr U.. :)
The answers fairly simpe, they have created their own version of christianity which is entirely willing to tolerate such behaviour, so long as the person doing it matches certain social criteria.

In his case?

He's the President.

Once he isn't, things may well change, but until then he can do no wrong.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “Off Topic English”