Please DO HAVE EARLY ACCESS for X4 paying Customers

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

Please DO HAVE EARLY ACCESS for X4 paying Customers

Post by palm911 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 19:14

community could help with the game , before it ships out. since its early access people can complaint about unfinished state.

i would recommend that you have a X number of early access codes...

i am bringing this topic up, because i want X4 to succeed!

Best regards!

Happy Thursday!
X gamer , one at a time.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 20:26

Been discussed alot in the past in a similar thread I guess you didn't see it a few pages back.

Most agreed it's a good idea but egosoft might not like doing it that way as most early access games come at a reduced price like half price Vs full release price and they might not like the hit in income. Plus other discussions on it.

Here is link
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=396155
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 22:30

Personally if we didn't get EA by now I don't think we will get it at all ( unless it is short one).... Personally I think game will probably be out by October or November.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 00:36

I'm guessing a delay till middle next year. If they want to release properly and not release too early with bugs.

Releasing with bugs is too easy answer with games these days just because they presume people can download patches. Take the time and release it properly with no bugs if possible like u could in 90s.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 05:01

Game so far looks solid so I don't think there should be any delays unless they are planning some major features. From the videos we can see that game is somewhat functional and working..... Only thing that worries me is AI I hope we get improvement over XR. Anyway I hope we see more videos about mining and how will workforce work.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 17:55

I think there would be an EA for the game. A lot of people think if there is not one now why would there be one... Simple as when the game normally releases that is almost a EA feeling stage. it's been how Egosoft has always been most of us accept it.

But instead of just out right releasing it they could EA the title now.

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 19:25

Kane Hart wrote: But instead of just out right releasing it they could EA the title now.
Now?
We have no insight how much is done yet. And remember the few insight we got were just footages. So it is likely the shown gameplay is not stable or not connected with other gameplay features.

I agree they should go in early access. But it is important having a "game" first.

Edit: My fault. :headbang:
By "now" you mean now after the experience with X-Rebirths release.
Ich bin für die Einführung von Ironie- und Sarkasmustags.
Alle Klarheiten beseitigt!

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 04:54

I'm not positive early access is a good idea after the way X:R launched. Closed beta with selected modders/community members/devnet, maybe.

Let's face it, X4 is going to be a bit of a mess at launch if things go well - between missing content ( :boron: ), the usual glitches, performance woes and an economy that might not always work out.

Opening up the game to the public before it's ready doesn't seem wise, in that respect. Yes, it's "early access", but if any random person on the internet can buy and play the game this will not change what is expected and how the product is perceived (and it shouldn't, if you're happy to take people's money there should be a functional product).

And yes, Egosoft are good at fixing things post launch. But first impressions matter, and after X:R it seems to me that releasing an (even more) unfinished and potentially broken game to the masses is playing with fire if not economically suicidal.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 07:08

I think Early Access is a bad way to put it.

I'd recommend properly-vetted Beta testers. People with:

Substantial playtime in both XR and X3 (TC and/or AP)
Frequent Forum history in regards to having a history of actually reporting bugs, issues, glitches and exploits.
Willingness to buy the game in order to Beta test (perhaps at a discount, or maybe with the Devs giving a special nod of appreciation to them in start/end credits)

The name Early Access is plagued by feedback saying "This game should never be released" whereas hand-picked Beta Testers would be far more constructive. Of course, with NDA paperwork being signed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 11:44

@ adeine and TonyEvans: That's pretty much the private beta strategy Egosoft used for X Rebirth but you cannot in all fairness not consider trying out other keen newer volunteers within the testing team too.

Hopefully that regime could work a bit better in a future situation with fewer release deadline external pressures - should this all apply next time of course.

Early Access - 'that's a different kettle of fish entirely' - to quote a Rebirth NPC character.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 15:13

Alan Phipps wrote:@ adeine and TonyEvans: That's pretty much the private beta strategy Egosoft used for X Rebirth but you cannot in all fairness not consider trying out other keen newer volunteers within the testing team too.
It is hard to believe that X-Rebirth ever had beta tester. :shock:

@adeine
You can solve many problem with a high access price. That guarantees you get people who care about the game. People who are willing to "test" it and have an interest in improvements.

Player
x4

Post by Player » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 15:21

LittleBird wrote: It is hard to believe that X-Rebirth ever had beta tester. :shock:

@adeine
You can solve many problem with a high access price. That guarantees you get people who care about the game. People who are willing to "test" it and have an interest in improvements.
+1

Because of the beta testers of X-rebirth is that I think X4 needs to be released in early access. X-rebirth beta testers must have played another game.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 15:34

LittleBird wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:@ adeine and TonyEvans: That's pretty much the private beta strategy Egosoft used for X Rebirth but you cannot in all fairness not consider trying out other keen newer volunteers within the testing team too.
Well, it's a fact. So not really a question of belief.

As for high access prices, with those you limit your test personnel to people with a lot of money. I somewhat doubt that you find a correlation between the amount of money someone is willing to spend on a game and their suitability for testing a game. But feel free to prove me wrong.

As for limiting testers to those who have previously played (an) X game(s), this is equally a bad idea. With every new game, you want to have a certain amount of testers who have no idea what the game is or will be like.

As a general hint to the discussion of beta testing, I suggest those who have no idea what you actually do as a beta tester are a lot more cautious with their assumptions of what the beta testers of X Rebirth allegedly didn't do.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 22. Apr 18, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 15:37

LittleBird wrote:

@adeine
Or it guarantees you get rich, entitled kids "testing" it.

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 17:34

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
LittleBird wrote:
Well, it's a fact. So not really a question of belief.

As for high access prices, with those you limit your test personnel to people with a lot of money. I somewhat doubt that you find a correlation between the amount of money someone is willing to spend on a game and their suitability for testing a game. But feel free to prove me wrong.
The comment about the beta testers was sarcasm. Because someone did a terrible job on beta testing (testers devs or both). But that is the wrong place to discuss it. I got just triggered. I am sorry.

Moving on...

If people payed a high access price it is more likely that you get testers instead of gamers (who later on flame about an unfinished game in an alpha or beta state).
Also if people payed a high price they are more likely to care about the game. They want a good product so they contribute in testing and improving the game.

Some people mentioned EA access with a discount. That is a bad idea for X4 I believe. So you open the gates for "gamers" or people who use the opportunity to "prebuy" (is there an english term?) the game and never touch it until release.

X2-Illuminatus wrote: As for limiting testers to those who have previously played (an) X game(s), this is equally a bad idea. With every new game, you want to have a certain amount of testers who have no idea what the game is or will be like.
That is also a drawback for the method with high access price. Only people who have trust in the game and the devs pay high price. Of course that are veterans and not new players searching a space game.

But you can do both. High price access for first beta testers and later on less restrictions.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 19:14

x2 had a garbage release. x3 had a garbage release. XR had a garbage release. It would be surprising if x4 did better.

I guess early access would at least calm things down a little.

I do think they should do boutique pricing, higher cost for EA/Beta access.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 19:21

LittleBird wrote:
Kane Hart wrote: But instead of just out right releasing it they could EA the title now.
Now?
We have no insight how much is done yet. And remember the few insight we got were just footages. So it is likely the shown gameplay is not stable or not connected with other gameplay features.

I agree they should go in early access. But it is important having a "game" first.

Edit: My fault. :headbang:
By "now" you mean now after the experience with X-Rebirths release.
My Insight is like 15 Years of X Games? Egosoft are amazing Developers. But they tend to release games in a Early and buggy state. By going from my years of insight and tend on this including Rebirth I would say that a game released as Early Access would be a bit better Image wise. I'm not asking them to release the game next week or early. I just think when they think it's ready to release the game then they call it Early Access ;) If they do go down that Path they could consider to release it even earlier but my point is when the game is ready in their image like the past then call it EA :P

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 20:15

@Kane Hart
I think you focus to much on a bug free release.

Early access can do more.
X-Rebirths minigames would have never survived an early access programm. We would have never seen infopoint scanning on stations in this extent.
And that is the reason why I think an EA is very important for X4. To give feedback on game features that are still in developement.
Also with EA they put there cards on the table. That is honest and should bring back trust.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 20:32

Thanks to what we saw in the streams, we don't need an early access to believe it will be a magnificent game, it will surely be

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 22:20

Karvat wrote:Thanks to what we saw in the streams, we don't need an early access to believe it will be a magnificent game, it will surely be
Like X-Rebirth? :twisted:
Yea I know. Open wounds.
But by ignoring what went wrong with X-Rebirth we will just repeat it. X-Rebirths game presentations looked stunning... yes they did.
Now we have game footage that looks stunning... yes it does.

Return to “X4: Foundations”