Looking for a 4.3 compatible endgame/dynamic universe mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bawtzki
xr

Looking for a 4.3 compatible endgame/dynamic universe mod

Post by Bawtzki » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 18:26

Hi everyone

I started playing this game a few days ago and after bouncing off the campaign I started the Verge Explorer free play start and put in about 30h so far. I'm at the point where I'm pretty comfortable with the moment to moment gameplay and have started considering empire building, there's just one important element missing - motivation. From what I've seen the factions are quite content to keep to themselves, nothing major ever seems to happen in any of the sectors, there's no diplomacy, alliances or ownership changes - and from what I've read stations can't even be permanently destroyed.

So I'm looking for a mod to change all that, something to give me a tangible reason to actually carve a niche out for myself in the galaxy, rather than just doing it to amass large amount of credits.

In the mean time, I'm also looking for a mod that increases the range at which special missions on stations appear, because I'd love to get a full set of mk5 and mk3 gear and I'm having trouble finding the missions that reward these items.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 20:46

The best of such mods I can think of is CWIR. I suggest you read a bit on the mod first, either on the forum or on the wiki (linked in the first post), as this mod do change a lot of thinks, and brings a lot of new gameplay mechanics as well. But if you want some action, you'll get it.

As for your mission icon issue, I can't recall anything that would help with the detection range. However, if the purpose is just to find the missions, then I would recommend you to get the mission computer mod. It allows you to buy a software that will generate a second bulletin board where all the "hidden" missions are listed.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Bawtzki
xr

Post by Bawtzki » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 21:15

Thanks, I already found the mission computer mod but according to comments it has some issues with 4.3 and it doesn't handle some missions well.

Is CWIR updated for 4.3? I found a couple posts where people wonder the same but no concrete answer. Nexus has 1.65RC and according to patchnotes 4.1 is the latest supported version.

edit: Found CWIR 1.66 on github.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 15:13

I have to admit I haven't played since 4.30 came out. My modded games are starting to ask for a little more ram than my computer currently has to offer, so I put XR on ice at least until I can go and get some more.

I can at least tell you that CWIR worked well with 4.20. You might find more info on the mod's thread. If no major issues have been raised there, then you should be good to go.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Clifffitir

Post by Clifffitir » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 17:02

Bawtzki wrote:Thanks, I already found the mission computer mod but according to comments it has some issues with 4.3 and it doesn't handle some missions well.

Is CWIR updated for 4.3? I found a couple posts where people wonder the same but no concrete answer. Nexus has 1.65RC and according to patchnotes 4.1 is the latest supported version.

edit: Found CWIR 1.66 on github.
CWIR is now CWIR: The New Frontier
found here :
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 22:33

I was under the impression that the new frontier was still a work in progress. I guess I'll have to give it a try soon. Gotta get that extra ram first, though. :P

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”