CAG problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

08murch

CAG problem

Post by 08murch » Fri, 4. May 18, 20:39

Hello I've been having a lot of problems with my CAG.

I recently built a complex , cahoona bakery and a cattle ranch so all I need really to keep it ticking over is energy cells . At first every thing was fine . They filled up the station with both energy cells and beef .
Now my 2 CAGs won't sell my meatsteaks at all . They just sit in stand by. I have changed then to salesmen so they will sell but they don't .

Also the NPC in the game ain't even buying from me . I've got it set to lowest price and trade to other races and got the station set to just sell . And I have filled both primary and secondary resources .

Any ideas would be great . 👌[/img]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 4. May 18, 21:34

Are the CAGs still Apprentices?

(Lowest level inexperienced pilots cannot sell anything. It takes two hours of flying for them to advance to next level.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 4. May 18, 22:36

Generally speaking it will take a lot less than four hours of combined flight time for two CAGs in freighters to fill a small complex. For "pure CAG" operations you want to start the complex with just one pilot, or use TP ships. That will put enough flight time on them before the resources fill up for them to promote and become sales eligible.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 5. May 18, 00:59

Just a quick tip -

If you fit an argon discoverer with CLS2 and Nav Command you can start it up as a CLS2 ship. Give it four waypoints to "fly to station" in say Cloud base North West, Cloudbase South West, Cloudbase Southeast and Herron's Nebula and leave them to fly in a circle.

Call this ship - "Pilot Training Ship" for instance.

After about 8 hours they will reach logistician

Now comes the trick

While this pilot was training you will have set up a TS to be a CAG with all the options and a jump drive ( but didn't tell it to "Start Commercial Representation")

Park the logistician CLS ship in the same station as your cag fitted vessel - go to the pilot settings and choose reassign pilot and drop him into the CAG ship.

The pilot will have kept his level and will be a fully levelled CAG!

Now set the training ship off again to train a new pilot and set up another CAG ship to be ready to receive.
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 5. May 18, 11:18

Option B:

Buy a Mercury, and add the required software for it to be a CLS or a CAG. Include 300 units of cargo upgrade and a jump drive.

Set CLS waypoints similar to this example:

1- a wheat farm: sell average price e-cells, max cargo + buy average price wheat up to 750

2- a rimes fact: sell average price e-cells, max cargo + sell average price wheat max cargo + buy average price rimes up to 150

3- a trading station: sell rimes average price max cargo

4- an SPP: buy e-cells average price up to 1500

Since he is dealing in small amounts the factories will generally be ready to buy or sell when their turn comes up, so he will fly pretty much constantly (especially if the factories are close but not two close, like wheat from The Hole, Rimes fact in Herron's, SPP in Power Circle, Trade Station in Argon Prime) and in not much more than eight hours will be a logistician. Sell off any remaining cargo, switch to CAG, set jump fuel to 300, and send on his way...and during his CLS training he will very likely have paid back the cost of the Mercury, or close to it.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 5. May 18, 13:48

NewtSoup wrote:... an argon discoverer ...
X2 manual wrote:“But always remember this my friend, a word of advice from those that have been before you. Never arrive with two ships if it's enough to do the job. Bring ten.”
Shipyards sell 10 with just one click more than 1. With the X3AP's "SY upgrade ships" it is nearly as easy to purchase and equip 100 discos in one go. Why obtain (on average) 0.125 Major Dealers per hour, when your flight school could pump out 12.5 per hour? It's an investment?

Start those CLS rookies from Trade Dock of Herron's Nebula. Those pilots tend to have more "experience" to begin with. (Something to do with that local Distillery industry, I presume.)

However,
X3R manual wrote:Good profit to you and in the words of TerraCorp founder “Never travel empty, a journey without profit is a journey with no purpose.”
Hence Tim's training route has appreciation of the Teladi CEO's. (I'm no Teladi. I've been accused of slaughtering Teladi by telling them "trade ideas".)

Timsup2nothin wrote:For "pure CAG" operations you want to start the complex with just one pilot
That has been my path in AP (although I have transferred experienced CAG to CLS duties). Not even a Complex, but single Station does the job. Some Food L, for example. The first ship will be busy long enough. If Station seems to fill up, I could MORT some space.

Once the first CAG can sell, it can be restricted to sell only, to improve the learning environment of the next Apprentice. In lack of MORT or Salesman, one can always resort to a Trade Software Mk2 gerbil to get rid of product.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 5. May 18, 14:03

What are the trade settings for the CAG set to? The % for product is the amount in the sation over which it starts selling so you want that to be a low number.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”