Recommended overhaul mod that works in Rebirth VR?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rihsc102
x3ap

Recommended overhaul mod that works in Rebirth VR?

Post by rihsc102 » Sat, 5. May 18, 10:28

I've been away from the X universe for a few years because I refused to buy Rebirth after reading the reviews. I have recently ordered an Oculus Rift so now I'm looking to pick up a VR compatible space sim. It looks like X Rebirth VR or Elite Dangerous are the only real options.

I would prefer to go with Rebirth VR and I was wondering if there are any overhaul mods that can match the scope of Litcube's Universe? X3:AP + LU is one of my favourite gaming experiences of all time so anything that comes close to that would be amazing!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 6. May 18, 09:04

@rihsc102....
There is nothing in VR to match LU ...nothing.
Having played Elite and Rebirth in VR with a rift .... regretfully game play wise neither will give you a good experience.
But both have high points,, Elite for the cockpit experience and Rebirth for the sensation of being in space..
Of the two my memories are not of Elite but of Rebirth, to watch a Lyramekron warp into space adjust flight path and boost towards you catching the light as it passes is truly amazing,,
Of the two...my vote would easily be for Rebirth ... just for the visuals..

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Sun, 6. May 18, 19:08

Ye I was thinking Rebirth would suit me better than ED. I like being able to build a corporate and military empire. Literally the only thing putting me off is that you can’t fly different ships. I could easily put up with all the other negatives.

One of the reasons I liked LU so much is that it gave you a real reason to build massive empires. The base games never delivered on that front which resulted in me getting bored.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 6. May 18, 22:56

@rihsc102

Wait till you stand on the deck of a Balor within a fleet of 4 or 5 Balors dancing around you,,, travelling the sectors advancing to a battle scenario.... look around at the passing stations and ships, the sounds as your ship manoeuvres.... magical moments of sheer genius. :)
Rebirth is not X3, two different animals,, enjoy both for what they are... X3 is still my favourite for gameplay.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”