x-universe pluggin manager deleting my saves?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

corhen
x3tc

x-universe pluggin manager deleting my saves?

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 00:53

hello all.. i need help.

About 2 weeks ago, i lost a day of saves. while this was annoying, i had no idea what caused it, and continued on.

today, since a couple of my scripts were malfunctioning, (no rep loss on shooting gates) i opened x-universe plugin manager, uninstalled and reinstalled that script, and then launched the game, only to find that im back to 2 weeks ago, once again wiping out all my progress and the related saves!

i scrounged around x-universe plugin manager, and noticed an option called 'save manager" that was enabled, when i googled this, i came up with a program (which i DONT have installed)

Basicly, how can i garentee that i dont loose more saves in the future, and is there any way to try to rescue my save that got deleted?

*note* im putting this in this forum, due to the fact that it directly relates to 1 or more mods/programs, and not to x3tc itself
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 01:06

when installing mods and stuff like plugin manager u should bk up ur saves, As for ur saves they probably aint deleted they just moved them. You have 2 save types, Vanilla and modified. It probably just switched to other saves ect

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 01:09

i have done several searches on my computer for 01.sav, and only come up with the ones in the egosoft save, and the ones that it backed up FROM.. which are the ones that i want to throw in a fire, feed the ashes to a dog, and burn their feeces...

i cant find the saves that i WANT to have. only the old ones
Jovianmoon wrote:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 03:01

the savegame manager can be disabled if needed, it keeps seperate saves for vanilla and modified mode.

these saves are held in the game directory in the plugin manager folder (the ones that are not currently in use)

the plugin manager doesn't actually delete saves, only copies them. However, depending on the access rights of your game (ie if its in program files) then windows could had ended up hiding them in a virtual folder

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 03:10

thanks, Cycrow, for responding

i spent the last 3 hours looking for any sign of it, ran a couple programs that scan the HDD for orphans, and allow you to recover them, but all it found were more of the same ones, all from November 8th

I'm unable to find hide or tail of any save from after that point. As far as i can tell, the entire folder got replaced, as since the 8th I have saved in save slots that were previously empty.

X3TC is installed in the steam directory of my E drive, and while there are a set of saved games there, they, too, are from the 8th.

i have turned off Save game manager, (and hope to never hear from it again) and will probably end up giving myself 200,000,000 credits in game to allow me to rebuild at least part of my fleet/complex that i lost since then.
Jovianmoon wrote:

carv85x
x3tc

Happened to me as well

Post by carv85x » Fri, 14. Sep 12, 08:30

I just had this happen to me as well. Switched to Vanilla Mode to test something and when I went back to "Modified Mode" I ended up losing about 20 hours of game time.

I searched both My Documents and in the Plugin Manager Directory and they are all the same old list of save files I find in the plugin manager directory.

I will turn off this feature as well. Please note this is a very painful way to learn its dangers.

sirpuma
x2

Post by sirpuma » Mon, 14. May 18, 02:07

So I just got the Plugin Manager and :evil: ALL my saved games are gone. No backups, no Vanilla/Modded move over, nothing. A couple months of game time exploring and slowly building up and now I'm starting from scratch. Whoever designed this software to automatically start a saved game manager and delete all previous saved games should be fired. UGH!

Sincerely,
A very frustrated Puma.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. May 18, 10:59

sirpuma wrote:So I just got the Plugin Manager and :evil: ALL my saved games are gone. No backups, no Vanilla/Modded move over, nothing. A couple months of game time exploring and slowly building up and now I'm starting from scratch. Whoever designed this software to automatically start a saved game manager and delete all previous saved games should be fired. UGH!

Sincerely,
A very frustrated Puma.
fired from what exactly ?

plus the save game manager doesn't start automatically, you have to choose to start it

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”