[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 10. May 18, 11:18

When there's a Shipyard, security is core, otherwise it's border. So yes, it overwrites vanilla levels.

If that doesn't work instantly, Autopopulate should trigger and fix them after a while.

saqib126
x3ap

Post by saqib126 » Sat, 12. May 18, 05:39

Is there some way to renable buying ships/stations from friendly shipyards or allow purchase of trade software mk3? Without those abilities starting From Scratch and transitioning to a nation is a bit difficult(no traders before claiming a sector, no ability to organize(rather than get random ships from buying used ships) a small fleet to protect the sanctuary, no ability to get some scruffin fruit in the form of a farm station setup before sanctuary, etc.)

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 12. May 18, 09:35

saqib126 wrote: allow purchase of trade software mk3?
It took 3 patches to remove the thing and you want it back? :wink:

saqib126
x3ap

Post by saqib126 » Sat, 12. May 18, 20:39

Yeah, or the ability to get my hands on a some stations to get a bit of passive income before getting a sanctuary. Perhaps i`m supposed to be doing the 'From Scratch' start differently?(rush the nearest unoccupied sector and build a sanctuary?)

piequalsyummy
xr

Post by piequalsyummy » Sun, 13. May 18, 06:19

Pretty much the goal at the beginning of any start is to find an empty sector and claim it, sell off some weapons for some quick cash and buy foodstuffs for sanctuary population growth. I prefer building missiles with my sanctuary and selling them for profitsss and blowing guys up. Try doing some defend station missions as they are usually easy and if the ships are too tough wait a while and sector security will usually help you out. Hope that helps

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Sun, 13. May 18, 10:13

Joubarbe wrote:When there's a Shipyard, security is core, otherwise it's border. So yes, it overwrites vanilla levels.

If that doesn't work instantly, Autopopulate should trigger and fix them after a while.
It's working.
Sanctuary food consumption priorities are not imported though.
In dock agent directory, the timeout times are not imported either. Same for job pause/unpause (if i remember correctly)
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Sun, 13. May 18, 12:39

Found something:

The Argons are at war with the Terrans, but not the ATF.
I thought, they should act as one?
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 14. May 18, 12:03

Again for Import/export:

After a while, the unknown sectors that are defined by mayhem get populated with the original owners' stations as indicated by their names (Split factory etc...). But they don't seem to belong to anyone, I can't dock at them (but I'm also enemy with everyone except teladi), they have a full inventory (for main product), the npcs don't dock at them.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 14. May 18, 12:08

I f*cking hate the E/I...

EDIT: but E/I is great :)

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 16. May 18, 08:33

Possible template bug:

To create a template for ships built in sanctuaries, am I supposed to use another menu than the create template in the personal console?

I created a template, but the produced ship is equipped with all kinds of equipment (I only had 3 in the template, and I really only wanted those 3) and no weapons (I had them in stock). I had no shields so it's normal that the produced ship had none. I especially DIDN'T want a jumpdrive installed.

EDIT: By the way, with the collect wares in sector command, the ship only changes sector using the jumpdrive. But in the no jumprive starts, that's not possible. I keep getting my commands refused and have to make it fly to the sector first before the collect.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. May 18, 11:56

Well that's how the template system works... It creates a template from a ship model; so no, you cannot remove equipment.

ProgenitorRhal

Post by ProgenitorRhal » Thu, 17. May 18, 00:27

I get the impression I am doing something wrong, so I hesitate to ask out of fear of wasting peoples time.

I have followed the install directions for LU and Mayhem to the letter and am using GOG terran war pack v 3.4 (current).

When I load up a new game, normal start, mayhem initializes just fine, i select no to beta asteroids but only the paranids in the starting corridor have shipyards and they are all empty, like nothing in them, no stations no ships, nothing red, only an option to upgrade my current ship.

I Thought this might just be a newb area thing so I cheated to bug test and discovered the universe, added adv sats and tried trading with various other shipyards outside of the noob are, they were all empty as well.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. May 18, 08:19

Nothing's wrong in your install. Shipyards do not sell stations and ships in Mayhem. You have to craft them inside your sanctuaries. Please refer to the in-game documentation (in the encyclopedia) to know more.

Lucassl
x4

Post by Lucassl » Thu, 17. May 18, 12:14

I have found some minor "bug"
I am playing the intruder start, so there is no possibility to buy or equip jumpdrive, but some commands like dock agents makes some ships take energy to supply his jumpdrive, so all my traders got 500 energy cells all the time

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. May 18, 19:09

Indeed, they resupply even if they don't have a jumpdrive installed. Will be fixed.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 19. May 18, 16:27

Hi everyone!

For my new start I wanted to make OCV ships accessable (through boarding). Where is that thing hidden? TShips doesn't have any of that D:

While studying this I downloaded TShips from LU official site (the one with "more aggressive OCV"), I wanted to compare the one from Mayhem with the LU version. Still couldn't find anything related to aggressiveness.

Are there hidden parameters? I was using T-file editor in X3 editor 2.

P.S I know OCV are not supposed to be captured, I just wanted to add something else to board :)

Also, I mentioned aggressiveness, but my goal is to get rid of boarding restriction. Used it as an example of something not listed among other stuff (speed / acceleration / etc.).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 19. May 18, 18:27

Mayhem is mainly about scripts. The one you're looking for is "Mayhem.Monitor.InvasionOCV.xml", subroutine "CreateOCVShip".

Then you have the following lines:

Code: Select all

$ship-> set bailing disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]
$ship-> set boarding disabled on ship: disabled= [TRUE]

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sat, 19. May 18, 18:52

Joubarbe wrote:Mayhem is mainly about scripts. The one you're looking for is "Mayhem.Monitor.InvasionOCV.xml", subroutine "CreateOCVShip".

Thank you very much :)

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 21. May 18, 09:16

Once a race declares an invasion against a player owned sector, do they ever stop? Or do they keep on invading until the player loses that sector?

The split seem to be overly aggressive against my albion beta.

Ophidian

Post by Ophidian » Mon, 21. May 18, 13:38

Joubarbe wrote:Mayhem is mainly about scripts. The one you're looking for is "Mayhem.Monitor.InvasionOCV.xml", subroutine "CreateOCVShip".

Is there a modification to a script that will enable researching those ships?

I remember a bug was fixed that prevented you from recycling your basic OCV ship to build more.

People won't be able to make their weapons though... If I remember right they can equip normal weapons.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”