Warning System Extension

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Luke0086

Warning System Extension

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 12:47

It's not on the workshop, I can't remember where I got it from but I've had it on my game for ages.

Do ships now warn of being attacked in vanilla?

I tried to switch off the mod but then my save games become unloadable, if I remember right, isn't there a way to edit save games to get around this?

I'm sure it's safe to remove, since it's only supposed to give a warning when my ships are attacked or destroyed, but unfortunately every time a drone docks I'm getting uber spammed with destroyed ship notifications making my radar unusable sometimes :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Thu, 17. May 18, 18:32

An idea that could help me solve this problem, is if objects destroyed by drone launchers or ren otani owned 'attackers' (it seems the drone launch pads destroy the drones to dock them) cam be excluded from warnings that it's been destroyed.

Even being in the same zone as a mining ship spams me with mining drones supposedly being destroyed.

I remember installing this addon because earlier in the game, ships would be destroyed often without you ever even knowing about it. I am considering also trying to remove this addon/extension because I think this has somewhat been resolved in vanilla?

here's the coding that I think is relevant, if someone could help me figure out how to exclude certain warnings:....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<diff>

-<replace sel="/mdscript/cues/cue[@name='PlayerShipAttacked']/actions">

-<actions>

-<do_if value="event.param == 'ShipOwnedAttacked'">

-<do_if value="event.param3.isclass.ship">

-<substitute_text source="{50000,1}" text="$message">

<replace with="'Ship'" string="'$CLASS$'"/>

</substitute_text>

<show_notification timeout="md.$WSE_Attacked_Duration" details="[ [null, event.param3.name, event.param3.pilot.name], [null, event.param2.name, event.param2.owner.knownname ], [null, event.param3.cluster.knownname, event.param3.sector.knownname ]]" sound="notification_warning" queued="true" caption="$message"/>

</do_if>

-<do_elseif value="event.param3.isclass.station">

-<substitute_text source="{50000,1}" text="$message">

<replace with="'Station'" string="'$CLASS$'"/>

</substitute_text>

<show_notification timeout="md.$WSE_Attacked_Duration" details="[ [null, event.param3.name, null], [null, event.param2.name, event.param2.owner.knownname ], [null, event.param3.cluster.knownname, event.param3.sector.knownname ]]" sound="notification_warning" queued="true" caption="$message"/>

</do_elseif>

</do_if>

</actions>

</replace>

-<add sel="/mdscript/cues">

<!-- Notification to player that one of his ships/station was destroyed param = object destroyed -->

-<cue namespace="this" instantiate="true" name="PlayerShipDestroyed">

-<conditions>

<event_player_owned_destroyed/>

</conditions>

-<actions>

-<do_if value="event.param.isclass.ship">

-<substitute_text source="{50000,2}" text="$message">

<replace with="'Ship'" string="'$CLASS$'"/>

</substitute_text>

<show_notification timeout="md.$WSE_Destroyed_Duration" details="[ [null, event.param.name, null], [null, event.param2.name, event.param2.owner.knownname ], [null, event.param.cluster.knownname, event.param.sector.knownname ]]" sound="notification_warning" queued="true" caption="$message"/>

</do_if>

-<do_elseif value="event.param.isclass.station">

-<substitute_text source="{50000,2}" text="$message">

<replace with="'Station'" string="'$CLASS$'"/>

</substitute_text>

<show_notification timeout="md.$WSE_Destroyed_Duration" details="[ [null, event.param.name, null], [null, event.param2.name, event.param2.owner.knownname ], [null, event.param.cluster.knownname, event.param.sector.knownname ]]" sound="notification_warning" queued="true" caption="$message"/>

</do_elseif>

</actions>

</cue>

</add>

</diff>

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”