[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 19:35

You won't get banned for thread necromancy, jsut ridiculed. And not in a thread that is tied to a specific mod.

Anyway, big guns, like PPCs, are "cannons", they are not stream weapons. They aren't meant to fire in a continuous stream. It's likely nothing to do with MARS, and entirely to do with the game itself.
bibo ergo sum

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 13:49

GlassDeviant wrote:You won't get banned for thread necromancy, jsut ridiculed. And not in a thread that is tied to a specific mod.

Anyway, big guns, like PPCs, are "cannons", they are not stream weapons. They aren't meant to fire in a continuous stream. It's likely nothing to do with MARS, and entirely to do with the game itself.
Hmm, don't think you understood what I was geting at. Sorry if I was too vague about my question. Let me try again.
When the game without the mod or anything shoots PPC, the first shot is always all 8 (the Titan as example). Then all 8 guns have a slight differens in rate of fire, thus popping those "bullets" at different time. Then it looks like a "stream of blobs" rushing towards enemy.
I use MARS and the CMOD (think it's v4 but don't remember anymore) and now it ALWAYS shoots all 8 at the same time, aka volley. This is what I want to change. It has no other reason than I liked the "stream of blobs" effect.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 20:58

That was not what you said in your initial post, perhaps you should have said that the first time. Either way blaming me for "not understanding" what you meant due to my obvious lack of psychic powers won't get you anywhere.

Now that I know what you really meant, I'm sorry, I have no idea whay this is happening. Hopefully someone who knows the inner workings of the game better will show up and be able to explain it and/or come up with a solution.
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 21:44

GlassDeviant wrote: Either way blaming me for "not understanding" what you meant due to my obvious lack of psychic powers won't get you anywhere.
Let's not get personal here. No one was blaming you for anything. dholmstr even apologised and explained what he meant more detailed.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

arc89

Post by arc89 » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 16:33

Hello. Im playing X3 TC with XRM and I cant get MARS to work on my Mercury TS. I have correct lasers in cargo bay and no matter what I do or what I click in MARS config menu turrents dont shoot. I got a massege saying "MARS: no laser detected"
I use ENG version and following mods/scripts:

Code: Select all

Community Plugin Configuration 
Hotkey Manager
Plugin Manager Library Scripts
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :
LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector - X3TC 
Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC_V3805.zip 
dock_lockup_fix.zip 
follow_me.zip 
Handelsvertretung_X3TC_V3408.zip
HephCorp_beta-0.73.zip
Marine_Repairs_and_Training-V214-2015-01-01.zip :
mars.zip
numeric_ranks_tc.zip
Raketenabwehr_Moskito_X3TC_V3302.zip 
Warenlogistiksoftware_X3TC_V3406.zip 
X3 TC-XRM Universe Colored Map 3.1.rar 
Sectormap Revamped.rar
MSLDEFMK2.zip 
(+IE for XRM, medium hull pack, and cocpits from XRM thread nothing fancy)

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sat, 6. May 17, 06:40

Hi guys,

I made the mistake of trying to install MARS (a modified version) on Litcubes and am trying to uninstall it.

Followed the instructions in the main post but it doesn't seem to be working. Any advice?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 6. May 17, 07:52

If you already played LU, the scripts are already embedded and can cause problems later on.

Make a fresh LU install, and export/import your save game to it, is the safest way.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Sat, 15. Jul 17, 12:52

How do you get your drones to repair a damaged ship? I can get them to repair NEUTRAL ships just fine. But I can't get them to repair any of my owned property.

Malakie
x4

Mars and Xtended?

Post by Malakie » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 00:18

Does MARS work with Xtended and is there a compatibility patch link OTHER than X Universe? (cannot get validated there.. no email ever sent)
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 01:12

Here is the link to the page for mars XTC compatibility
THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL ARE ON FIRST POST THE THIRD POST IS THE ACTUAL LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD

I will put this here https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=331351 in case anyone wants to know if there other scripts that compatible or incompatible with XTC.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 02:50

CloneSargaent wrote:Here is the link to the page for mars XTC compatibility
THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL ARE ON FIRST POST THE THIRD POST IS THE ACTUAL LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD

I will put this here https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=331351 in case anyone wants to know if there other scripts that compatible or incompatible with XTC.

Sorry but did you read what I wrote? I CANNOT download from that link because the website is not validating my account nor will it send out emails to do so.. I need a different link....
Take it light.....

Malakie

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 04:00

sorry about that was kinda burnt out from trying to fix/edit a plugin :x. I don't know of any other link than that one. Thing that comes closest to mars and is compatible with XTC is Smart turrets, only thing about is it doesn't have is goblins.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 22:18

CloneSargaent wrote:sorry about that was kinda burnt out from trying to fix/edit a plugin :x. I don't know of any other link than that one. Thing that comes closest to mars and is compatible with XTC is Smart turrets, only thing about is it doesn't have is goblins.
Any chance you have the file and can send it to me?
Take it light.....

Malakie

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 03:46

I have the file but how do you want to get it?, via website like Xdownload or email?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 10:31

The best solution would be to upload it on xdownloads or the like, and post the link here, so that other users can get the file too, when they're looking for it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:54

MARS XTC Compatibility

Joe Maxi's description: I've put together a Tfile for v2.0. Have put it through it's paces with a M2 topped up with every weapon I could get and spent a few hours hunting big xenon blobs and am happy to report everything seems to be working perfectly. Just install Mars and replace the 7048-L044 in the t folder with the above. Please remember the Xtc dev teams stance on third party scripts though, use at your own risk (i've been running it about 6hr's game time without one single issue and due to it's old 1.2 compatibility i'd say your pretty much 100% safe). I have also made one small edit to the "cap mode: pause" reducing it from the default 7 sec to 3 due to xtc's quicker shield recharge rates and the fact i don't like my turrets to show mercy but it's a easy notepad change if you want to turn it back. Feel free to tweak to your liking and please share any improvements. All credit to Gazz for his great turret scripts and to the XTC team for their brilliant mod. Enjoy

MARS XTC Compatibility v2

Fixed the problem from earlier just needed to rename from 7048-L044-XTC2.0(v2) to 7048-L044.
This version has better weapon switching for targets (No more shooting m3s with PPCs or other huge ship weapons unless its Flak AA)

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 2. May 18, 20:12

hmmm Mars is supposed to gather marines? never saw that before and doesnt seem like an option in AP where I'm running it.

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Sun, 20. May 18, 18:38

Started ap-xrm again with most of the usual scripts/mods I've used in the past but for some reason the configuration menu for mars is blank. The only new mods I am using is the resurrection mod with xrm patch and cpp for xrm and I don't know what about them could be the issue if it is lol.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in advance

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sat, 11. Aug 18, 05:08

Ok, thanks to the fantastic work of SirNukes and his X3 Customizer giving a way to force infinite loop detection on*, I have finally identified an infinite loop freeze that has been lurking in MARS.

* Warning to those wanting to try out "force infinite loop detection on", it WILL break some scripts because they naturally do take a long time but don't actually infinite loop, including MARS's configuration screen. DO NOT USE ON YOUR MAIN SAVE.

The problem comes from plugin.gz.mars.goblin.control, in the loop inside the Fly.Home label at around line 1029 (while $Dist > $Fly.Home.Distance).

I'm not exactly sure what exactly could cause this to infinite loop (my best guess is that the = wait randomly is being given null range due to $Perf.Main.loop.wait not being initialized), but I have added some safeguards to the code against it freezing.

I had a large scale battle I was testing. It turned a consistent freeze not freezing 3 times I tried the battle.

EDIT: version 326b I also added a change to the drone launching so that they will not automatically launch to tow ship upgrades the mothership already had.

I also couldn't help but notice that when MARS control is allowed for the AI, MARS controlled AI missile boats (ships with missile turrets, so M8s and M7Ms) tended to have anemic to non-existent barrages. I traced this to some odd targetting behavior for missile turrets in MARS along with its logic selecting Mosquito missiles as the "best" missile, and then refusing to launch them as a barrage because it has an explicit check preventing Mosquito missiles from being used as a barrage.

MARS's missile turret logic will still be less aggressive then, say, Rapid Response fleet's logic for missile turret (deliberately so), but it should now at least give reasonable behavior from, for example, mission spawned M7Ms and M8s.

Finally, for these changes to take effect for existing ships, a bump in the version in setup.plugin.gz.mars is needed.
There are no changes of substance, just a bump in the script's version number to prompt MARS to reload scripts. Even with this, goblins that are currently flying will not get the fix They will get it next time they land and take off again.

THIS IS A PATCH ONLY CONTAINING THE CHANGES FILE, NOT ALL OF MARS:
mars-tc-TechSY730-fixes-patch-326b.zip
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uhXJu ... oK7S9gz-JN

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 00:49

Tell me please. Mod 5.25 can be installed on two versions of the game? I understand correctly?

These folders should be copied to the appropriate directories?

For TC in the root folder

For AP in the folder addon? :?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”