Impossible to restore saved game (from 3.4) - Modded save

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

astari

Impossible to restore saved game (from 3.4) - Modded save

Post by astari » Sat, 19. May 18, 17:20

Well, all in the title
I have the steam version of the game X3 TCNH, and is updated to the last version (3.4).
All the saved games from other titles work fine (i bought about 30 games with Steam).
Each time i try to restore a saved game on 3.4 version i got this :

Crash event occurred on Sat May 19 17:09:29 2018
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\X3TC.exe
The exception "Access violation" (0xc0000005) was caused at address 0023:004b2df0

i can restore almost all saved games on version 3.3

Any idea plz ? thks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 19. May 18, 18:20

Where do you restore your saves from and what do you do exactly, when you get that error message?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

astari

Post by astari » Sat, 19. May 18, 19:33

ok

the game work perfectly, no crash in game.
when on menu (in game as well) i click "continue", chose a save game, then i ve got the waiting screen and after 10-20 seconds the game crash (little Window window)

I have to say that the message i published came from the crash report in X3 directory.

Did i answer ?

astari

Post by astari » Sun, 20. May 18, 07:52

me again.

I play the game with "default setting" that can be chosen in the launch windows ... and it's work. I can restore all my saved games but it means no more New Horizons and then i got new bugs in game relied, probably, on conflicts between differents versions.

It should be rely on the last updated (dec 2017)

Any dev around ?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 20. May 18, 11:56

So you are trying to load a savegame which was made using the New Horizons mod? If so then that's something you will have to take up with the mod's author in the appropriate thread in the Scripts and Modding forum. A quick look at that thread suggests that it's not been updated since version 3.2 of X3TC and that it's possibly no longer actively maintained. If that is also the case then you will either have to continue playing with a savegame made in an unmodified game, or start a new one, unless of course you can persuade the mod's author to investigate further. :)

astari

Post by astari » Sun, 20. May 18, 22:41

Well :wink:

It's a so specific and clear response. Thanks for that.

I am not sure i could convince those guys to take care of my problem but i spent 200 hours on that precious save. Maybe i'll try to play with the 3.2 version ... but not sure i could be possible on Steam

Anyway, i"ll continue to play X3 for many years :)

Thanks again !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”