extending station fix hack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

graham harris
x3tc

extending station fix hack

Post by graham harris » Mon, 21. May 18, 19:44

I have some old game plays for x-rebirth and they will not load as I donot have the following script. I have been playing the game from the beginning.

The script I am looking for is called extending station fix hack or override station check.

Please help

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 21. May 18, 22:39

graham harris
x3tc

Post by graham harris » Mon, 21. May 18, 23:01

when you click on link and then go to dropbox. The file does not exist any more

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 21. May 18, 23:11

:( ... I should have checked,,, best of luck...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 21. May 18, 23:53

just fly out of sight.. same effect.. technically yes, the cue is reset - so it can check its conditions again (free building space) until they are met.. it works as intended, and Ships inside the build Area are forced to move outside.. but moving out of sight is usually faster because then there are no collission checks

PS i have removed the unneeded poll from this topic..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 22. May 18, 08:10

I read that graham needed the mod for extensions to allow the save game to load not as a functioning mod to allow building to continue or whatever.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 22. May 18, 17:32

ah, missed that point... in that case i think its safe to remove the mod entry from the Savegame...
just decompress the savegame (any good archive programm should do; i recommend 7zip) then open it in an xml/text editor which can handle big files and remove the respective line/entry. it should look similiar to this:
<patch extension="ego_dlc_teladi_outpost" version="100" name="The Teladi Outpost"/>

no need to re-compress the file after making the change (but move the compressed original somewhere else as backup - it has priority over uncompressed files)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”