Do you like playing co-op games?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 26. May 18, 18:46

Jericho wrote:I don't play Co-op for a number of reasons
From what you listed, if you actually think you'd like multiplayer more, you should join a clan/guild/group of people that play the games you like. That way, you will have a pool of people that you can get to know and, hopefully, that all hold to the same gaming principles, dictated by their membership in the group.

Back in the days when I used to play MMOs, it wasn't uncommon for us to have members that didn't play very often, but when they did, they liked knowing there was a crew of people around that they could group with. Mostly professionals, like yourself, but who still wanted to play games, now and then, but couldn't raid 24/7 like the regular members. Worked out great for them.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Sat, 26. May 18, 20:34

Morkonan wrote:
Jericho wrote:I don't play Co-op for a number of reasons
From what you listed, if you actually think you'd like multiplayer more, you should join a clan/guild/group of people that play the games you like. That way, you will have a pool of people that you can get to know and, hopefully, that all hold to the same gaming principles, dictated by their membership in the group.

Back in the days when I used to play MMOs, it wasn't uncommon for us to have members that didn't play very often, but when they did, they liked knowing there was a crew of people around that they could group with. Mostly professionals, like yourself, but who still wanted to play games, now and then, but couldn't raid 24/7 like the regular members. Worked out great for them.
We used to have a Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory server here on the forums. I want to say it was Pixel who set it up and we PayPal'ed him. That was a lot of fun and good co-op. An annoying member called Apoch often spoiled the fun taking it too seriously, and I think he pissed off SilentWitness and it started to all fall apart.

I remember one time we went against another clan and got totally owned by them... We thought we were so good :)
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 27. May 18, 07:48

Sounds like fun! :) (Never played that game, though.) My gaming PC is in tatters, atm. I still have consoles, though.

There was a revival for the Minecraft server, I think. Not sure how many were playing that. There was that ARK game whatsits too, I think. Maybe others. (Used to be a sticky.)

The last true multiplayer I played was Battlefront (the one released a few years ago, not the most recent). I played it more on the PS4 I think than XBox. I'd just join battles, mostly, but occasionally played with a friend.

Been playing Path of Exile, mostly, but it's not really a good multiplayer game.

Getting pwnd isn't unusual for untested groups when they step into the deep end of the pool. :) It takes a lot of work under pressure, with "evolution" weeding out bad tactics before any group can really come together as an effective team. If you want to go head-to-head against the best, you have to pay your dues, first. :)

Return to “Off Topic English”