shopping for new joystick for my mac setup

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

shopping for new joystick for my mac setup

Post by palenaka » Wed, 30. May 18, 02:40

my current joystick (logitech extreme 3d pro) has some issue that makes the ship constantly roll. i had to crank up the dead zone to stop it, but now my controls are predictably slow. it's pretty old anyway so i'm going to go buy another

any recommendation for a new joystick for the mac platform for X3 TC?

thank you

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. May 18, 14:21

We tend to discuss hardware comparisons in the OT forum so I'll move this across.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Oldman
x3tc

Re: shopping for new joystick for my mac setup

Post by Oldman » Wed, 30. May 18, 19:26

palenaka wrote:my current joystick (logitech extreme 3d pro) has some issue that makes the ship constantly roll. i had to crank up the dead zone to stop it, but now my controls are predictably slow. it's pretty old anyway so i'm going to go buy another

any recommendation for a new joystick for the mac platform for X3 TC?

thank you

Hi :)

I can personally recommend the Thrustmaster T 16000 M.
I've had mine for several years now and it's still working perfectly.
I bought another one last year just in case the present one packs up, so it's still in the original box and hasn't been used...yet.
You can usually pick them up for under £40 new, but I'm not sure if they are compatible for a Mac?

Oldman :)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 31. May 18, 12:35

thrustmaster originally developed the HOTAS for the home computer, so it's either them or Logitech, and it's Mac compatible.

At the moment I've got a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick as my basic joystick, and the Thrustmaster Warthog as my serious joystick for DCS, which I use on my PC.

The Hotas X is a very nice, inexpensive device, just not complex enough for proper simulation.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “Off Topic English”