EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Problem with visibility map/target info
View previous topic :: View next topic
Retrox

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 29. Jan 18, 19:41    Post subject: Problem with visibility map/target info Reply with quote Print

Hello everyone,
I restarted playing X:Rebirth after a long time (last time played was in 2014) and im really happy, cause the Devs added many new features and fixed many bugs. I really like the ability to have a map of the near area around the ship. Unluckily, the info screen shares the same screen with the (small)map screen, so i can hardly see anything, if im around a station of capital ship. Is there a way to prevent this showing up or change the location where it will show up?

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Mon, 29. Jan 18, 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You can toggle map view with a hotkey (I think it's ctrl+R, but check the key bindings in the menu) to prevent target info from displaying.

You cannot, however, prevent the various alerts and comms from popping up all the time, even if you're getting your ass kicked in a dogfight.

I just assigned one of my joystick's buttons to the map display and keep hitting it as soon as something shows up.
(I also use the "silence you all" mod to reduce the various incoming messages to a minimum and preserve my sanity from the NPC banter. It helps, but it's still no panacea when it comes to the radar display.)

Requiemfang

PostPosted: Tue, 30. Jan 18, 00:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ezarkal wrote:
You can toggle map view with a hotkey (I think it's ctrl+R, but check the key bindings in the menu) to prevent target info from displaying.

You cannot, however, prevent the various alerts and comms from popping up all the time, even if you're getting your ass kicked in a dogfight.

I just assigned one of my joystick's buttons to the map display and keep hitting it as soon as something shows up.
(I also use the "silence you all" mod to reduce the various incoming messages to a minimum and preserve my sanity from the NPC banter. It helps, but it's still no panacea when it comes to the radar display.)

Shift+R not ctrl+R Wink At least that's what the vanilla key settings for it are.

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Tue, 30. Jan 18, 01:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Requiemfang wrote:

Shift+R not ctrl+R Wink At least that's what the vanilla key settings for it are.

Thanks for the correction. Like I mentioned, this is now hotkeyed to my joystick, so I didn't use it in months. Cool

donzi

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 8. Jun 18, 07:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The loss of multiple cockpit monitors of X2 was the saddest thing as I progressed from there to x rebirth.. Guess just too much changed and it's not practical or doable in the new codebase.

Sadly, it didn't appear to be making a comeback in X Foundations best I could tell after spending a couple hours scouring the numerous sneak peeks and Q&A topics.

Ah well. The new map and UI appear to be a great step forward from the X rebirth layout.

The 2 minimap/monitor keys to fiddle with would be SHIFT + R and SHIFT + M per default control values.

MrFiction

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 8. Jun 18, 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The monitor is one of the annoyances I have with this game. Once you build up your empire the message spam is massive. It's not just the visual annoyance but sometimes it also locks you into doing anything else while a message is shown on the radar screen. I haven't found a way/mod to completely disable all banter and "trade is complete" nonsense.

sd_jasper

PostPosted: Fri, 8. Jun 18, 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

MrFiction wrote:
The monitor is one of the annoyances I have with this game. Once you build up your empire the message spam is massive. It's not just the visual annoyance but sometimes it also locks you into doing anything else while a message is shown on the radar screen. I haven't found a way/mod to completely disable all banter and "trade is complete" nonsense.

"SilenceYouAll" https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=552011927