Clarity's End

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 22:42

sd_jasper wrote: Maybe someone else feels that being able to reduce/remove NPC dialog (many very popular mods) needs to be a settings switch.
Can't, requires additional work, new menus, etc.
And someone else thinks that always showing the player credit balance on the hud needs to be an option,
Requires additional UI besides the option.
...or a toggle for highway music,
Good one, especially after devs themselves acknowledged the tech they use for it is uncomfortable to work with.
...or displaying NPC faction next to their name in menus,
Should not be an option or a mod, should've just been there since the moment remote comms were added. That's not even an "opinion", it's a statement of developers' oversight.
etc., etc. All of these (and many many more) are more popular than removing space dust and don't effect gameplay and would probably be a simple matter of creating an option for...
You've completely misunderstood my post, and I don't feel like repeating myself again. So, simply put, no.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 23:02

Maybe I can cut this ongoing exchange a bit; the space dust is a fact in previous vanilla X games that are unlikely to get much dev attention for gameplay tweaks any time soon (as opposed to for any discovered substantial game-stoppers maybe).

The OP has raised a suggestion/request that it be made optional in X4. Maybe this thread could therefore be more usefully devoted to gathering an impression of the level of support or otherwise for that suggestion from other players?

My personal opinion: I don't mind it being present.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 8. Jun 18, 23:59

Henceforth Alan Phipps is to be celebrated as a sole comprehendor of aforestated proclamations and inquiries. All hail cool heads and clear minds!

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 02:07

Alan Phipps wrote:Maybe this thread could therefore be more usefully devoted to gathering an impression of the level of support or otherwise for that suggestion from other players?

My personal opinion: I don't mind it being present.
I don't mind it being present.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 02:12

Don't mind it either - never tried it without, though.

Wouldn't be a(n unbiased*) poll more straightforward?

*This needs to be said, sadly

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 03:11

Feels like it would, Tamina, and I've just created it. Mr. Phipps, would you mind closing this thread?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jun 18, 13:54

Done.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”