[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 08:35

*recorder on*

Please upload a savegame.

*recorder off*
Last edited by Joubarbe on Sun, 10. Jun 18, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 11:22

FIX: Ascension level 5.

Mine didn't trigger. Any way to run the check manually? (like asteroid generation script)

UPD: ran MonitorAchievements script manually and the menu popped up. Thanks!

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 12:21

Joubarbe, have you tested ascension bailing rates? Completed around 50 station defense missions, only 1 M3 bailed and 2 M4s.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 12:53

Yeah it works but it only affects your own ship. I'll extend that to all player ships in the next version (it was already planned).

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 13:21

Joubarbe wrote:Yeah it works but it only affects your own ship. I'll extend that to all player ships in the next version (it was already planned).
I ranked up from 18 to 21 yesterday alone, how can I be so unlucky D:

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 18:52

All right, I wanted to try something different this time. If you played XRM, you probably remember MAML from there: it has high pitch firing sound and red bullet. I like it a lot, decided to try and replace Litcube's MAML bullet and sound.
Replacing sounds was easy. However I can't change bullet's color (RGB values in Tbullets aren't working), replacing changing values in Effects file isn't working either. Is it even possible to replace one with another without editing stuff in Gmax/photoshop? I'm a little confused.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 19:17

No idea. If you manage to put some XRM graphics into LU, it would be good to share it :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 19:22

Joubarbe wrote:No idea. If you manage to put some XRM graphics into LU, it would be good to share it :)
Trying to find a way :) Need to somehow replace the bullet body and it should work ...

Upd: managed to import XRM MAML bullet body, but it looked extremely wierd without that specific bullet trail. After playing around with particles3.pck and materials.pck I managed to change some of its (MAML trail) properties, but it wasn't enough to make it look good. Ended up making my own bullet.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 06:00

Spoiler
Show
Is it intentional that Sanctuary of Darkness doesn't spawn Xenon invasions in Guiding Star? I have a fight mission but I can't talk to the guy, it throws me back to the map.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 23:16

I've had a level 5 ascension for about 4 hours now, and the label says to call a doctor if my ascension lasts for longer than 4 hours. Is this a bug?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 02:01

I would like to get back the old, vanilla gates into Mayhem, is there a mod somewhere to restore them?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 07:39

I've encountered a strange bug using the "move to position" command. I have a Pegasus Vanguard loaded with navigation realy satellites, which I want to use to manually place satellites. When I use "move to position" to get it to move to someplace in the sector the ship is currently in, it will move to this spot just fine. But, if I use this same command to move it to a position in a different sector, the ship will stay in its current sector, but go to the coordinates I selected. For example, ship is in Ares Iota, and I send it to move to a position (-5,-5,-5) in Tiger Theta. It will then move to position (-5,-5,-5) in Ares Iota, then send me a message saying it has finished its job and is waiting for new orders.

This is for Mayhem 2.4.2. Saved game is at the link below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkeIryqhP6qUhEjhfleaqYemKkfJ

Sorry, only half the actual link is underlined for some odd reason, just copy and paste the whole link in the browser to get to the file.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 08:15

No idea, Mayhem does not modify this script.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 08:15

Litcube wrote:I've had a level 5 ascension for about 4 hours now, and the label says to call a doctor if my ascension lasts for longer than 4 hours. Is this a bug?
My ascension is bigger than yours.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 14:32

Litcube, you created all weapons and bullets yourself, didn't you? What's up with fx_bullet_ files? They are all special for every weapon, but if you open one in PS (for example fx_bullet_paa), there are many pictures of ALL bullets in the game.

https://imgur.com/a/kSDEUBQ

Am I supposed to selectively edit that picture?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 14:48

Fureimuu wrote:Am I supposed to selectively edit that picture?
I don't think you're supposed to do anything. Do what you want to do; life's short.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 14:52

Litcube wrote:
Fureimuu wrote:Am I supposed to selectively edit that picture?
I don't think you're supposed to do anything. Do what you want to do; life's short.
Probably used wrong words, sorry about that. Didn't expect to hear an answer anyway ...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 16:03

Litcube's voice is sacred. We don't expect him to answer our prayers, but yet, in his infinite generosity, he sometimes does.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 19:13

Joubarbe wrote:Litcube's voice is sacred. We don't expect him to answer our prayers, but yet, in his infinite generosity, he sometimes does.
I figured everything out myself, but still ... I don't understand why we have RGB values in Tbullets file, but changing them has 0 effect in-game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”