Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 16:21

@ Bishop149

If you watched that piece of DPRK propaganda I posted you'll note how hard they hit on NK orphanages and how hard they indoctrinate those kids. And now from what you just posted I'd say, it figures. All else but government propaganda is "fake news". The message here? "Love Trump for saving you... until we dump you back you came from..." Hell of a message there eh? Hail to our Supreme Leader, Grand Marshall Trump.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 16:25

- it is said that a good man feels ashamed at least once a day..
- which makes Trump thoroughly evil and rotten to the core..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 16:56

Breaking News! New York state's Attorney General just sued the Trump Foundation (Trump & Family) for 2.8 mill for "self dealing" (Making and keeping profits from a non-profit organ)

Says he used foundation funds to pay legal bills.
Irony is Rudy Giuliani at one time held the position on NY Attorney General. Wonder whose paying Rudy's bills now eh?

Praise the name of our Great Leader Supreme Marshall Trump. :roll:
MIND THE GAP

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 17:04

Hank001 wrote:Breaking News!
Isnt this against the constitution? News are rare and fragile, going about breaking them only helps Trump and the alternative facts faction. Please stop it!

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: btw feel free to inform CNN of the same thing, thanks.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 17:12

@ Ketraar

:rofl: Oops. Got any superglue? I'll "piece the news together" then.

With paying legal bills Trump foundation funneled money to Trump Campain too.

Happy 72nd Birthday Dear Supreme Leader Grand Marshall Trump! :cry:
MIND THE GAP

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 18:28

Hank001 wrote:Breaking News! New York state's Attorney General just sued the Trump Foundation (Trump & Family) for 2.8 mill for "self dealing" (Making and keeping profits from a non-profit organ)

Says he used foundation funds to pay legal bills.
She filed this suit on Mr Trumps birthday.
Just to really twist the knife. :D
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 18:34

@ Bishop149

(The singing emojis)
:mrgreen: :D :rofl: :mrgreen:
Happy Birthday 2U
Happy Birthday 2U
Happy Birthday U Bastard
I'm going 2 sue U!

Love: State of New York
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 19:24

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 21:11

Morkonan wrote: You are consistently misunderstanding what my principles are and do not understand what I am saying. You obviously can not interpret my words correctly.
I believe I do, I don't agree, doesn't mean I don't understand. Although it's not rare these day for people to say the only reason others don't agree simply because they don't understand, because somehow believing others don't understand you is easier to accept that they don't disagree. But choose to believe what you want. Don't think it's matter at this point. Like I said, our definition our what is a principal is very different, and I will never accept yours and I doubt you will ever do mine, and let's leave it at that.
You "know" I would "kinda go back and deny it?" You're saying that I would lie about a friggin' post that's sitting right here on this thread?
No, not lying, not outright anyway. But the kind "someone said this but it's not really what they meant" kind of thing, you know, not very different than the same accusation you were throwing at me a couple page back. ;)

I don't give a darn about whoever these other people on the internet you've been peaking around at. Maybe that's why you can't seem to understand my posts? Maybe you're actually trying to have a discussion with them instead of me?

If you have a short rebuttal or statement you wish me to address, then I will do so. Other than that exception, this particular discussion is over. You are free, of course, to have it with someone else.
No, I DID specifically say I'm addressing you, didn't I? Rarely I do that, but I make the extra note of specify it this time so your question is a bit hypothetical I think. I admit, this is getting dried and we both are too "fargone" to actually 'have' a proper debate, despite what we may put on the text pretending otherwise. In another word, we're losing objectivity, and start to disagree simply for the shake of disagreeing. I hate it when it happens to myself, so let's stop. 8)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 11:21

At this point does it matter if Trump is found to be stealing in any way?

He seems to be, in effect is untouchable, because americans are terrified of critisizing their own president in such a way that they'd have to actually really remove one.

Sure they're ok talking about prosecuting or removing one, but actually doing it?

No freaking way are they willing to go far.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 11:36

mrbadger noted:
No freaking way are they willing to go far.
The midterm elections will be over in November.
If the Democrats take even slim majorities in both
House of Representatives (Congress) and Senate then
Trump is toast. So watch this election VERY closely as
this will be NO HOLDS BARRED. Expect Trump and the GOP to
do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, legal or patently ILLEGAL to
keep or broaden their majority. Remembering back to the situation in the Nixon era of the wiretap on the Democratic HQ the Watergate Hotel in D.C. What's coming up should make that look like a college prank. Expect it to get VERY bad because EVERY FREAKING WAY if the Democrats take majority of the Legislative branch Trump is going to catch it. And he knows it.
MIND THE GAP

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 11:58

Your democrats make our conservative party look like a bunch of left wing hippies. So I'll keep my doubts for the moment.

It's all when it omes down to it 'keeo the US looking amazing', even though frankly on the world stage you kinda look like fools right now
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 12:15

mrbadger wrote:He seems to be, in effect is untouchable, because americans are terrified of critisizing their own president in such a way that they'd have to actually really remove one.
I was curious so I looked into this:

To my slight surprise there is no rule against a convicted felon being elected President, but all commentary opines that such a thing is "effectively" impossible because no party or electorate would ever vote for one.
Given Trump I think this is now rather naive, both have proven they will vote for an utter garbage dump of a human if they think it best serves their interests.

In regard to conviction of a sitting President.
Impeachment proceedings aside the President is basically immune whilst sitting. That doesn't mean they're above the law just that any prosecutions or penalties for law breaking are VERY likely to be deferred until after their terms are over.
Hank001 wrote:So watch this election VERY closely as
this will be NO HOLDS BARRED. Expect Trump and the GOP to
do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, legal or patently ILLEGAL to
keep or broaden their majority.
Indeed, it won't apply for the midterms but there going forward there is this:
https://www.nbcnews.com/card/california ... ot-n882936

It would split an 55 electoral college vote state that for the last two decades has voted heavily Democrat into 3 with 59 electoral college votes between them. . . . two of which would vote Republican.
It essentially gerrymandering on the state scale, and would likely all but guarantee a Republican President for decades to come, incredible. Thankfully its unlikely to pass.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 12:16

@ mrbadger

Comes down to there being two diametrically opposed interpriations of "America". Each side believing the other's interpretation borders on teason and will lead to ruin. For Trump and side of the coin they might well see it as a "matter of national security" that the opposing side of the coin doesn't land upward in November. "Not bloody likely" you might think, but watch. Remember that ANYTHING goes now and in effect the United States of America has became an oligarchy. Ask youself this professor; If Putin were in Trump's position what would he do? Because you can bank on Trump asking himself that very question. I'd not be very suprised at anything at this point. As soon as the mainstream Republican Party caved into Trump under the name of "party unity" Trump has acted without moderation.

Edit @Bishop149. You'll see quite a bit more of this type of antic coming successful or not.
MIND THE GAP

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 13:01

But this isn't the only time the US has been seen to do something that's left other people wondering whether you've lost your collective marbles.

After 911, the US all but shut down access to study Visa's for Chinese students. I don't recall why, it was a long time ago.

The effect of this was that many US Universities almost went bankrupt, it likely led to the hike in student costs, and all those Chinese students switched to studying in the UK and Europe, something that continues to this day.

My classrooms are often filled with Chinese students, and my univesity collaborates with many chinese firms and universities on research. As do lots of others in the UK, it's a huge pie, and the US stopped eating from it.

So why did the US do this to themselves? Kill off billions in potential revenue, not potential in fact, but actual revenue, crippling their own educational establishments in the process.

I'm not complaining, your countries dumb move was our huge fortune, you did us a massive favour, brought all this money into our education sector that we weren't expecting. It's been great.

On an evolutionary standpoint, you guys are making the sorts of moves that in nature would mean the extinction train is stopping at your station.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 13:15

@ mrbadger

That one I got wrapped up in myself in 1998. A good deal of said students were Red Army. They were given "assingments". One lady bought no less than 100 under barrel laser gunsights and tried to mail them back to China in small lots. She was busted and deported. She was the girlfriend of a classmate and I got debriefed by our FBI because I still held clearances. Seems this type of thing was expected from their students and they were kept fairly busy with it. The policy change as far as their students we accepted was due to this type of "industrial espionage." That situation was the first and last time I heard about it until the bans came out later.
MIND THE GAP

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 13:34

Yes, the reds are out to get you. Trouble is, the reds left you behind a long time ago.

That is old thinking, and it's going to keep you in the cold war era while the rest of the wold moves on I'm afraid.

We do need to be careful of China and Russia, but not by banning them from our countries.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 13:41

Jim Jordon reserves the right to decide who is guilty of attempting to enter the US illegally..
he says that 80% of those who attempt entry are criminals, and assumes that gives him the right to decide their fate
- and he is using this statistic as a means to consolidate his right to separate children from their parents and incarcerate them..

the Replicants are sitting on their hands while this buffoon is carving out his little ICE empire..
he says he has the support of the electorate because Trump won the election.. (??!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaWVu7sBmg

the incompetent Jordon is also using Trump's victory as the sole reason to attack James Comey
- again the Replicants sit quietly while the chaos ensues..

- it's all pure whatabout-ism.. :lol:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 13:53

mrbadger stated:
Yes, the reds are out to get you. Trouble is, the reds left you behind a long time ago.
No arguments there. Quite the case of closing the barn door after the horse escaped.

It was painting entire nations students with the same brush (if you'll excuse another cliche) However that seems to be the way things work here as far as our governmental bureaucracy.
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 14:22

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”