E3 2018

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 09:01

Morkonan wrote:
Observe wrote:
Morkonan wrote:
Observe wrote:As long as they have mud crabs, I'll be OK.
https://i.imgur.com/RF3x6.jpg
All is well. :thumb_up:
I... now want Crab Armor... for my mudcrabs. All of them!

This whole subject makes me want to play Skyrim again... Like it does with just about any other Skyrim fan.

Yet, when playing on the PC, I always get distracted by shiny new mods... Then, I get distracted by trying to make them work. Then, I get distracted by another shiny new mod and trying to make it work. Then I get distracted by making a mod and trying to make it work. Then, I play until I break the game because a mod wasn't working like I thought it would. :) I spend more time looking at modloaders and incorporating utilities and grapihcs enhancements than playing the darn game. (Since I broke the literal F out of my last saves over a year ago, I haven't touched the game. Not my fault! Srsly... probably.)[....]
I do exactly the same. I think I have around 300-400 hours of Skyrim on Steam. 80% of those were spend testing out mods and trying to fix a broken game. My current load order is stable at around 160 mods and I am not gonna touch it with a ten foot pole. The interesting part though is how big the skyrim folder got, it now sits at around 95GBs.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 09:09

euclid wrote: Little disappointed on Fallout 76 ... multiplayer survival dohhh :-(

Cheers Euclid
Yeah Rust in the Wasteland, pass, hours of being ganked, hmmm but I am sure an army of gankers (and there are many) will love it.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 11:38

muppetts wrote:
euclid wrote: Little disappointed on Fallout 76 ... multiplayer survival dohhh :-(

Cheers Euclid
Yeah Rust in the Wasteland, pass, hours of being ganked, hmmm but I am sure an army of gankers (and there are many) will love it.
If we can have private servers I'm in. If we can't I have no interest.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 14:53

RegisterMe wrote:If we can have private servers I'm in. If we can't I have no interest.
Same here, but only if it manages to somehow be at least as interesting as playing on a private server with friends on Ark. If most of the content revolves around needing those "Dozens" of random players for people to fight and lacks enough ambient danger and things to do to be interesting alone or with a small group of friends then it's pretty pointless, and I wont bother buying it.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 15:28

Mightysword wrote:...Look great, and have the gameplay I want too. The only skeptical point is this developer have a traditional of screwing up the entry tittle of a series very badly ... kinda like Window. Hope it won't be the case this time.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms satisfied a lot of players looking for that period. Unfortunately, its English localization suffers. That, coupled with the Total War:Shogun series, reduced the market for "Far Eastern" Total War games.

I'll have to reserve judgement on this release, simply because we don't know wtf is going to come out of it. It could spontaneously combust on Day One, with fifty darn Day One DLC packs and units that have no attack animations at all or never use their secondary weapon or have no ammo or who run backwards or... /sigh

I am curious as to what DLC they're planning for this. A Fourth Kingdom?
clakclak wrote:I do exactly the same. I think I have around 300-400 hours of Skyrim on Steam. 80% of those were spend testing out mods and trying to fix a broken game. My current load order is stable at around 160 mods and I am not gonna touch it with a ten foot pole. The interesting part though is how big the skyrim folder got, it now sits at around 95GBs.
To be fair, I used to be pretty good at playing "Using Modding Tools to Debug LoadOrder and Mod Issues Ver Mk1 WTFBroke." After awhile, I modded fairly confidently. It's only when I've been away from the game for a certain amount of time that, upon return, everything goes to pot...

I LOVE the fact that these games have a wonderful history of being moddable, just not how difficult it can be.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 18:45

While everybody here ist still excited about Skyrim... what is it with Skyrim?

I am personally looking forward now to "Fire Emblem - Three Houses", "Rabbid Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong" and maybe "ARK" idk looks interesting.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 18:56

Tamina wrote:While everybody here ist still excited about Skyrim... what is it with Skyrim?
With the many special editions which are released over time, Bethesda manages to win new groups of customers and almost constantly draws new players into their franchise. That way Skyrim always remains a (hot) topic.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 21:01

Tamina wrote:While everybody here ist still excited about Skyrim... what is it with Skyrim?
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure most of the stuffs people saying here is just meming the game. I'm on the same boat though, haven't played Skyrim for over a year now, but never removed it, simply because I don't want to go through all that trouble organizing the mods folder again.

And now we have an opportunity to repeat all of that with next iteration, of course we're excited. :D

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 21:32

Skyrim just became available for the first time to anyone that has been a strictly Nintendo fan or console owner for the past decade, whether it be Handheld gaming or simply Nintendo console favoritism I imagine there are plenty of people out there that now own a Switch that never had an Xbox or Playstation or even PC, that can now play Skyrim. Not to mention the fans that did, and have been playing Skyrim, but can now take it with them when they travel.

Of course with the VR fad re-emerging the last few years plenty of people with VR headsets also lack quality games to play with it so Skyrim happens to be probably the most content packed game they'll ever own for VR as well.

So that explains why SOME people are still excited about the many new ways to play Skyrim, but also why Bethesda has been getting so much crap for it that even they had to crack a joke about it at E3 with their "Very Special Edition".

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 19:54

I am personally looking forward now to "Fire Emblem - Three Houses", "Rabbid Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong" and maybe "ARK" idk looks interesting.

- it's not just Skyrim itself, it's more to do with the Elder Scrolls saga - huge story-line.. 8)

PS Ark's a riot in single-player mode, once you start messing with console commands..
- I'm leading a squadron of huge eagles, at the moment - ha, ha!! :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 20:32

It seems the game is not actually in full development mode yet. And Beth said it'll definitely come out after that other new IP they're cooking. So probably not 2020 but more like 2022-2023 maybe? :(

The real question now will be which one gonna come out first: TESVI or Bannerlord. :D

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 01:32

Mightysword wrote:The real question now will be which one gonna come out first: TESVI or Bannerlord. :D
Bannerlord is the new Duke Nukem Forever/Halflife 3

I stopped caring years ago, if it ever comes out I'll be pleasantly surprised but I'm not going to bother keeping up with any information on a game that probably should have had more developmental support by this point if they're struggling this much.

In fact I feel like by the time Bannerlord comes out, its game play and mechanics will be old news and it wont garner the attention it once would have. Much like Duke Nukem suffered for being from another time period where its absurdity and game play was more acceptable.

Also, Yes Todd said ES6 is coming AFTER Starfield, and Starfield is a "Next Gen" game so it's not coming out until the next generation consoles release, and according to Sony they are expecting sales to continue to decline while they focus on their subscription based incomes until later 2021 which is now considered the likely launch window of PS5 (and more than likely the next Xbox)

Return to “Off Topic English”