Boarding in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CoRRW4r

Boarding in AP

Post by CoRRW4r » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 03:22

Is it possible to board a ship M6,M7,M7M on a return ship mission?

I forgot to say with marines
The only Enemy is the One inside Your head.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 11:58

Yes you can board a capital twice if you want, if it is a return mission from a station that does not allow capital docking (M7s). Rather a game exploit though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 12:00

Yes. In fact, those are among the easiest to board. Target has no shields, no marines, no equipment, and nobody seems to get upset when you do boarding.

I wish I would find more of those missions, for I have marines that need to train their fight skill.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

CoRRW4r

Post by CoRRW4r » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 15:13

I know this may sound strange but how to make it hostile.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 15:33

First try comming it with the standard 'surrender' type options, next try scanning it, and lastly try shooting at it or nudging it. Something there will work. [This is assuming it has a pilot and is not already abandoned.]

Also the action of manually launching boarding pods straight at it (or dropping spacewalking marines for M6s say) would make it go hostile too.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 16:23

One does not have to make the abandoned ships hostile. Then again, I have always simply told M7M to board them. I don't think that the Pods require a hostile target.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 17:26

Hmm, I recall using the suit repair laser to make the abandoned Aran in UFJD space hostile and conventionally boardable (and to repair the hull a bit too). Maybe I am mistaken?

I do know that you can launch unguided boarding pods straight at a large neutral ship sitting in front of the launcher. The intended target having no shields helps.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 17:49

The Aran is a special case; it does not show on scanner by default. Being "invisible", it cannot be targeted. Making it hostile (with the repair laser) makes it viable target for boarding.

The "Return Abandoned Ship" targets are targetable. I have simply jumped in sector, targeted mark, called in M7M, and ordered boarding "at my target", without shooting, or even being anywhere near of the mark at any time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 18:15

Ah, OK. Thanks. :)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 19:30

jlehtone wrote:The Aran is a special case; it does not show on scanner by default. Being "invisible", it cannot be targeted. Making it hostile (with the repair laser) makes it viable target for boarding.

The "Return Abandoned Ship" targets are targetable. I have simply jumped in sector, targeted mark, called in M7M, and ordered boarding "at my target", without shooting, or even being anywhere near of the mark at any time.
Yep (see sig)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

CoRRW4r

Post by CoRRW4r » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 20:49

OK thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to be using a tp as I've not got a m7m yet

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 16:47

The ship types that can spawn are determined by the race rank the player has with the mission giver. You will need +10 for M7M ships to have a chance to spawn.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 20:01

From my experience in boarding an uncountable number of ships. When boarding Abandoned Ships to reclaim them, save the pods and just use spacewalk boarding out of a TP. The target isn't moving or resisting anyway.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 01:47

That depends on the mechanical skill of the marines being used since pods equivalently double it.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 15:17

What would be the minimum difficulty of boarding abandoned ships? I only keep for use marines with at least 2 stars in all skills. I never ran into insufficient skill problems after that.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 15:38

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 16:11

For bare minimums there are some tables here: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... WIKI/Ships

In general never hire marines with under 26 fight skill and throw them into training till they have at least 13 mechanical and hacking.

With 40 mechanical you can board most commonwealth ships.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”