Removed from "trust" thread

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Uncle Benis
x4

Re: Trust, and faith in the developer.

Post by Uncle Benis » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 02:08

Chips wrote: Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Not all opinions are created equal. What XR apologist dont understand is that theyre a loud minority.
Im obviously not dunking on the devs for the positive changes they made, but those that were negative were just so findamentally terrible, like the 90% downtime thing where youre in some kind of transit and no progress is being made in the background because automation is haram, that you cannot fix them without reevaluating the entire design philosophy behind them. XR has an incredibly faulty design philosophy around its ankle much like ye olden games have an outdated engine preventing them from evolving further. Until that ballast is dropped there no meaningful progress to be made.
Chips wrote:You'd accept the same game repackaged with a bit of bling as a new title? That's your choice. Not everyone would share the sentiment.
Read the updated engine bit. What people mean when they say remaster is an engine port to an at least slightly better version that would alleviate some limitations on the existing engine, better optimization on modern hardware etc. If a remaster is just new ship skins and updated shaders I aint buyin.
Chips wrote:True, they may just be led by money and make what's asked for by "hardcore fans" (instead of everyone), but maybe they've grown tired of that and want to try something different :P
Then dont call it X4, call it XR2. Oh wait they cant now because the XR title is radioactive and would tank sales before the game is even out. Its almost as if theres a lesson to be learned here. Clearly egosoft realized that the experiment didnt do well with the playerbase hence the return to mainline style naming conventions, they know who plays their games and they know who keeps their studio afloat. Now they just need to realize that the experiment failed legitimately, and not because people "dont get it", see misunderstood genius complex.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 15:16

Uncle Benis wrote:see misunderstood genius complex.
I think I see that - but perhaps not where your opinion thinks I should be seeing it ;)

Uncle Benis
x4

Post by Uncle Benis » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 16:06

Chips wrote: I think I see that - but perhaps not where your opinion thinks I should be seeing it ;)
Opinions cant think. If youre trying to look all smug youre doing a very poor job of it.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 18:06

Uncle Benis wrote: Opinions cant think. If youre trying to look all smug youre doing a very poor job of it.
What on earth would I be trying to be smug about? :?

I am implying you don't recognise others being entitled to having different opinions... hence why they're "apologists" and you feel "sorry" for someone who's played 3000 hours of a game; your condescending manner indicates your own "complex" - that's what I alluded too. Anyway, enough about you :P

Do I trust the devs to get it 100% right? Nope, but does anyone trust any devs to get something "100% right" (in their opinion of what is right?). It's impossible. I trust they'll do their best to make the game as enjoyable as possible given the feedback they've received from prior titles. Will it be perfect? I doubt it :D But I trust they'll continue to work on it as they always have done.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 19:35

That's enough. Uncle Benis, you do not get to tell other people that their opinions are less valid than yours, nor do you get to put down those who disagree with you. Back on topic please.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 11:43

I wonder what constitutes a hardcore X game player? I'm sure, given the amount of time I spent playing X2 and X3 that I must qualify.

As for apologist, I prefer the terms supporter, advocate, proponent, champion and enthusiast.

What I really dislike is people turning up here to claim that they speak for me.

Whether they use the phrase "it's what the fans want" or its what the "hardcore players think" they have it wrong. I'm sure that I am not the only long term supporter of Egosoft games that enjoyed playing Rebirth. That's why my trust is with these guys. From what I've seen, I am eagerly awaiting their next game.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Uncle Benis
x4

Post by Uncle Benis » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 15:46

@ZaphodBeeblebrox
I never claimed to be speaking for you mah boi. Who I am actually speaking for might become apparent from this post from page one of this very same thread.
Fleabum wrote: Lets have a look at some Steamstats....

Name - Score Rank - Sales
X-Rebirth - 4%, 218,204
X3:TC - 62%, 575,864

Then go look at how many people still play the X3 games vs Rebirth (and bear in mind most people play X3 modded and offline). Then look at Twitch for example, more people stream the X3 series than they do Rebirth. Think that shows us all we need to know.

X3 still has 1000's hours a week spent on it. This was released 13 years ago for the base X3 and 6 years for X3:AP. Does Rebirth still have this amount of hours after only 4 years?

So just because a few people advocate on the forums that Rebirth is such an Awesome game, its so popular, all the statistics generally prove otherwise. Unless you can back up your point of view with some hard facts maybe that shows the data I found to be incorrect?

Regards
Flea
Now I dont claim to be speaking for all of the 350 000 difference in players between the two titles, but some of them.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 16:11

I thought I'd made it clear that that line of discussion was finished. Since at least two people didn't seem to get the message, the whole lot has been removed.

Return to “X4: Foundations”