[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 11:38

like it should be: the Factions should have traders for her needs
the smallships should support trades and even more bring life to zones - the real mass should be done by capital traders - but they probably have others to do or simply they are not enough

but your argument of water is essential isn't helpfull, if "water" is solved you same drama will happend about next basic-level-ware - let say all cheap / volume stuff won't traded reliable at the moment

i think i will add much more classic jobs to run the economy - problem is here, the buy-sell difference at trades will go into pocket of ACME, not one of the wallet factions :S

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 22:43

yea your right. im seeing the same with many ressources, some work, some not.
i think it comes from to far away Stations and that the small traders not can supply more then only one station . if i sayed, the idea, that this smal ships runs around to suppy is ok, but at this piont they never change the prices under the absolute minimum or maximum and they trade only 1 ware..
sometimes im seeing a ships that has only 11 bio things as an ware .. and this ships trys to fly with it to the other end of the sector.

so it never ever can do any other thing.. it will fly this course 1000 times and no price changes , because the station eats this ware in 2 minitues ^^
an big ship that can jump simpley to another sector to buy 20.000 of the same thing change the price on booth stations, the seller and the buyer.
so the tiny ships never came to the idea to fly this way and can do other things.

So yes, i think , if the factions have thr own big ship dealers with free trade for friend factions , the economy runs better..
if they only or ever buy max price-sell max price.. i thing it won't take long the economy starts up again an runs "normal"
mybe not ever 3. station ^^(sometimes im blocking that NPCs build stations... the cant supplye them....or build stupid the 5. Alcohol factory 3 sectors from the next water factory in the same zone ..and i know.. they will never ever run ok it starts full.. runs 2 ingame hours.. is blank and stands for the rest of the game..
------------------
back to topic ^^
maybe the bigships shuldnt be universal cargo ships.. more diferent and based on the number of factories.
so is the AI also forced to trade water, wheat ore energie etc and does not doze with 2 urvs through half the galaxy just because the 2 yield more than 20000 of what else ^^
---------------------
X:Rebirth: Zitat aus den Patchnotes 118
..A Whole Series Of Connected Problems ..
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 10:59

self replay sorry but this is another realy big problem im found out.

i checked many factorys, why they dont work (NPC)
often the small traders are full with wares which they want to deliver to theyr home factory but the factory is also full with this ressource.
So the factory runs out with 1 ressource ever full, but maybe 2 others are empty, because the small traders only try handle one wares and cant dock to sell this on theyr factory because the cargos space of this one ware is full.

So they never came to buy and sell the ware who is emty.

Example: an Shippart/part producktion in DV
3 conatainer mercanis with biooptic full
factory randfull with biooptic but scanners are empty
Factory stands , and the 3 mercanis cant sell ther biooptic..
so this factory nerver starts again, if not another trader starts it up with selling scanners.

seeing it also on URV stations, Food facorys and so long.

if this one times happen wit one or 2 factory who are essential to each.. both factorys stands after a while of playing...
hmm.. this can take days to manualy start up all this ^^

i came to check this, because im wonder, why one of my own factorys stands..
the Mass friegter was full of goods he apparently couldn't sell and didn't come to buy the resources he needed.
-->
so im checked a handfull of NPC factorys who also stood still and looked at the cargo and the orders of the frighters , what they are doing right now and the cargo of the frighters..
umpf...
same problem...
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 14:18

Hi All.

For the past few weeks maybe months all i've read on this is something not working etc and the game has totally packed up on me vanilla to dull buggy and not worth the play, with mods yes worth the play but now i find the game with mods even more full of bugs you add something and something else goes missing etc.

Don't get me wrong here i'm trying to point an observation on the whole thing.

It's quite clear the game has gong as far as it can by Egosoft and died thus Egosoft are making X4, though you mod authors are trying to keep this game going i commend you for your efforts but you are flogging a dead horse that was knackered from the very start.

The work you authors do have been exceptional though with few errors have made the game more enjoyable and trying to make a good thing out of bad deserves a medal and Egosoft should reward you for keeping the dead horse away from the glue factory.

I have stopped playing now for some time due to npc chat not working ships not doing their thing stations not getting fully build and that's just the tip of the iceberg, no i'm not blaming you authors of nods it's the game not excepting what you due.

To use a play on the words of a fictional doctor "IT'S DEAD JIM"

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 14:52

with that attitude you must be pillar of society :roll:

but you are welcome to help, atm i do all alone here, so if something isn't prefect yet, especially for your so important Xenon Economy, feel free to fix stations and rewrite creepy AIs
i would like to see what always-perfect-results you can deliver :)

---

anyway, thanks to all who do report bugs or tell observations, some are more or less usefull to going on and find problems - also if i do not comment each line for a detailed analyse but mostly i try to test reports from all of you

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 18:26

Hi Marvin.

I hope you did not think what i said was a dig at you and all authors to give up far from it if it weren't for your efforts i would have given up a long time ago.

No i'm not a mod author only can make suggestions or point out bugs etc.

You have done a very good mod but like said i've stopped playing, yes it may be to bugs weather it in you mod or not, i would let you know what is wrong and play on to see the results.

But that's not the full reason as to why i have stopped playing, it that when the new X4 is released i will look at and play that with a fresh start, thus after 4220 hours of play on XR i wanted to forget all XR is or what was it all about, if you can understand that.

You keep up the good work and maybe see your work in X4.

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 14:09

next bug.. hope helpfull ^^

i overwatched an NPC bofu factory, why its dosent work...
The Mass Nirane Shipp from this bufu station SELLS all Plankton .. so the faftory never starts up..
I supply plankton.. the ship starts. and sell it.. :roll:

The Carco nyrane from the same Bufu factory trys to buy and sell Plasma GR Towers.. and so long.. nothing works ...
-------------------
next...
an DIY superstore and some other factorys havent Mass Carco ships.. so the ever run out or full.. they cant sell theyr armour plating or buy metals,ore .. if the havent enough.
-------------------
Absolutley no wonder, that the complet economy brokes, after a while.
the only think that helps the non Xenon NPCs are build new stations, because they start full.. but after a while all breaks if the NPCs havent enough money to build new.

At this piont i think, you must completley rewrite your Stations AI
The ships, who work for an NPC station and what they shuld do.
----
here im also take an braek
if this isnt fixed it make no sense to play another round.
thanks for your hard work an reading my often stupid posts ;)
im only say, what im see ^^
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 14:28

Can you please provide an savegame
Best at zone station/situation you observe

About points you report, in theory it can‘t be, the code isn‘t that changed that ships do anything that way

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 20:58

ok in this scenario the station is the Bufu Starplex in Front of the skunk.

the cago nirane have theyr 60 Plasma GR Towers... what she cant trade ^^
and the Mass Nirane sells at the moment Spices to an Alc-Destille if you run shinza a while... it its on her way...

i have wait round an half hour in shinza.. sometime the mass nirane buys correct.. somtimes she sells ressources from the Bofu complex ...

aktive mods are
Fy by subscribe
Show me your skills
Station recycle and destroy
and now skunk jump.. to fast overwatch , what im ever seen ^^

Edit:
All DLCs deaktivatet..

Have Fun
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GaTddy ... sp=sharing
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Post by Guest » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 09:47

Moin,

ist die Mod Storykompatibel bzw wie schaut es mit der Kampflastigkeit aus?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 9. Jul 18, 15:31

Im Plot werden einige Funktionen deaktiviert um Probleme zu vermeiden, diese werden erst im späteren Verlauf wieder aktiviert - ich konnte den Plot bisher trotz Mod gut spielen

You can play plot game, the mod disable some features temporary

--------------------
Timianer wrote:aktive mods are
Fy by subscribe
Show me your skills
Station recycle and destroy
and now skunk jump.. to fast overwatch , what im ever seen ^^

Edit:
All DLCs deaktivatet..
thanks, an obvious problem i can not reproduce right now, but i will improve AI for this cases

what brings me wonder is why your Sucellus do have two dronedocks?!?!
haven't checked Mods above, but they sounds not like related to this fact
in case you "pimp" the ship by yourself, do you have changed more files or do use more mods then that above?
and what's your actual updatestrategie if you need to update to a newer NF build in case you change files of the Mods directly - i only question this, because if you not use an individual mod who patch the files independent, i would suggest your NF- directory could have any outdated files - this can also cause problems, in that case it is nearly impossible to found such problems

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Tue, 10. Jul 18, 13:43

moin.
ähmm yes my sucellus MK2 is a little bit modified from me.
here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17-kwyZ ... ZkqJ1/view
if you want you can implent is as another ship and rename it to what else ^^
its also have an Rocket launcher instad of the main weapon, many more weapons and 3 Bigship shilds...
is a little bit faster with an new engine in the heck..

im want an ship, that can defence an PMC Taranis, or Taranis MK2 in DV so im make this..
The stats are relative the same like a taranis. not overpowerd, but so have DV an chance to defend himself..
unfortunately they never build the ship themselves...
they build almost only Stormvok .. this funny 3 hits and destroyed ships ^^
------------------------
and bevore you add the 1043th OL Ship..
a view things im noticed.

Nobody buys at the HoA shipyard, all buying from PMC
After im Boarding the PMC shipyard and sell it to HoA the other factions.. like
Ledda industries builds theyr ships in Dv on theyr Shipyard.. :roll:
in the fact that Hoa hasnt a complete own shippart circle ..they run out of money... they must buy ressources from other factions to build theyr ships.. but only build theyr own ships and sells nothing..
----------
second HoA : in the fact that PMC owns the zone in lonely distance where all tiny HoA trading ships must fly.. they mostly all get shootet
in the near of the PMC Boarder Station flying ever 1 or 2 Bigships they all shoot down.
here can only the player help if he board this station and resell the zone to HoA..
if the player does this not.. after max 3 days 50% of the stations from HoA hasnt not only one trade ship....
----------
Back to Ledda industries... Newest build 4 days ago from you:
they only builds "Wachfeste" in evry sector.. the only station that they build.. now also in my sectors and zones in DV :roll:
is there a way, that only allied factions can build in player sectors ?
and maybe also the player only in allied zones from NPCs ?
i dont want ledda as enemy and its to money intensive to buy this damm stations ever for 480mio...
----------
and last
after build only one water and one bofu plex in OL, and build a handfull big trading ships.. and resell them to the OL Factions the econemy starts up.. but im found realy many stations that are bugged.
example.. an tech complex never can run with only 2 or 3 tyni trade ships
they have 8 Ressources and to many products ..
also an schippart and shippart/part production ther ever scanners are missing.. because it seems that the 3 tiny ships mostley handles Biooptic...

ok most of this can be fixed, if theyr are a handfull big traders for every faction.
mybe theyr must be a routine, that also checks, if an station have ships.. if not.. they can spawn.. or buy
buy is harder.. then example.. HoA hasent an Tyni ship production ^^
DV hasent universl trade tiny ships.. and so long...
many to do, bevore you add the 1034th OL ship.. :wink:
*duckrenn*
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 10. Jul 18, 15:09

I will take a look at your Sucellus, maybe it will interessting to add (and if you agree we can use it)

---

Yes next OL ship, don't cry, but i think any *cheap(er)* L-class would good to have beside Missile-ship, because supporting factions run fast out of money at buy big fat destroyers, sadly the parts bring this thing a bit over max L-size (two other buildstages of them also exists, but they may integrated as lost&found later)
sadly other Factions haven't much possibilitys to make new combinations - i'm not able to create new assets and integrate them

---

Don't know your actual start, at newest build factions close here SY for other factions (based on realtion) in case they have a huge lack of ship they like to buy/order

---

is TheBigEmpty (not lonelydistance) any plot-relevant area?
maybe you are right and HOA should own that space (at least in free game)

also more tech stuff in her Sector could be good - but this is sadly not really that what story is telling us ;)

maybe if you would use Teladi-DLC they can buy stuff in that system

---

seems like Ledda have made the jump into domination behavior at your game (maybe also result of PMC domination at TheBigEmpty)

---

don't forget that all factions should build (capital) trading-ship, but they are not connected to a station, smallships should do only trades in close range, best IZ (here they also faster then capitals, and also good for small amounts)

OL have at a new start already two new partproductions in here system so maybe there is a lack of Bofu, but factions should build new stations - so if we start with an very balanced economy this will change over time anyway

up yet i haven't time to programm any GOD module that manage build more clever then right now - map-layout is mostly vanilla - blame ES for this

Fun-Fact: original plan was to start with a single station (maybe build stationparts from mining-stuff) each faction and economy have to grow - but i think this never will happend

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Tue, 10. Jul 18, 20:48

Yes , sure you can use the sucellus if you want and it fits into the schema.
---
Yes 2.. oh i know my fried.. Ego has realy make some stupid desicions with this game ^^
---
Hmm its far away, that im played the story , dont know if The Big Emty an Story relevant zone. There are now only 2 stations. The PMC mineral exchange and the Border Station.
After im own the zone and sell them to HoA im Build there an Metal foundry and a crystal supplier and also sell them To HoA.
This were the only 2 stations that missed in HoA area to have an industieal circle and starts her missing shippart production up.
---
In OL is the biggest problem the big of theyr space. They try to build an circle but one missed Bofu or water station in one SEKTOR stops all, because tere are no Traders that trade cross Sectors.
Im seeing some Sonar Enery universum Traders, but they only trade energy ^^ no bufu, no water across the sectors and ACME ... hmm
if i sayed.. seems that they aver comes if you try to build an new station..
ok
They come and try to supply shipyards with drones and shipparts...
but if the most shipparts productions stand.. they do nothing..
one time im seeing round 20 ACME frighters at theyr home base in AL/Epsylon.. because they found nothing to do... no shipparts to buy.. this also result in no drohnes to buy.. this results in no ships... that trades nothing this results in partly full stations here.. and emty stations there.
---
back to topic ^^
yes Ledda is one of the most mony having factions in my game. Dont know why.. maybe he supplies HoA and PMC ^^ --> no.. they only supply pmc.
---
Yes 3.. smallships only trade IS or Iz. thats the ground why at my game the production in OL stands after a while and now only run, because im build some missing stations in evry zone and sell them to the factions.
----
im also unabel to crate new assests ^^
it takes many time to modyfie only one ship... place weapons and shilds with only XML copy & paste and adjust the positions from hand in XML mm after mm... .. back to game save load.. cheeess.. save...
adjust.. build the ship new.. save load.. ok... next 2 shilds...
so far i haven't figured out how exactly the rotation works... that even with copy and paste of another part that "probably" had the same rotation ^^
So Respect.. for the 1032 OL Ship.. .. i'd get crazy for as many slants as the new ship has ;)
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Fri, 13. Jul 18, 18:41

self replay .. YES !

oh man... start a new game as HoA Captain.. and wat do im seeing ?
firstly no ship for me ^^ where is my balor ?
second..
an ACME Store directly in HoA main Zone Gemstone Manufacture..
i caunt 22 ACME ships in this zone and 3 from HoA... :roll:
Who owns this zone ?

i think.. ok no problem.. so they never ever get out of ressources and flying the long way to OL.. im flying through the gate to wobbling fog...
What do i seeing ?
Beside the gate an ACME Store with 15 ships who try together with 10 other AR and JSS big ships to cross the gate....
--------
i give up....
1. ACME in itself is not so an bad idea.. but put them in evry sector is cheese....Put them in the main zone of an Faction is "über"cheese..
2. the idea that stations only have small ships for trading is cheese.
that can't work, because they only trade IS and iZ... and the ACME should now "could" solve the complete rest on its own but...

now it looks as if ACME is the top fraction of all, as their camps are everywhere and their ships are in masses the same.. and the payer
cant do anything about it..
-------
why dot give the factions theyr own trading ships ?
it cant be so complex put trading ships in the ship build routine of the factions..

.... hmm ok it is so complex.. because im seeing it in the last 3-4 games..
no faction in HoL build an ArwanMK2 against xenon..
they build Suls in mass and the xenon destroys suls in masses...and they would overrun if you nothing do about this....
..Dv never build an Sucellus Vanguard or an sucellus.... they build 99.9% Stormvoks and the pirtes in Dv have this ugly 4 Rhanas beside ship with the Weapenplatform they shoot evry Stormvok in 3 hits down if they came to close...
btw the DV Canteran shippyard has an so tiny cargo space for URVs and missels that they never can fully equip theyr ships... after build one ship the shipyard is empty..
If not also the AR, JSS, Split would build ther ships in DV , DV would overrun in a vew hours from the pirates...
DV looks after a while like OL 2...
most OL ships you can ever seeing on a mass is in DV...
--------
ok you have allow in the new build that other factions can also build theyr ships at the HoA shippyard...
now im stand theyr 40 min in shinza and wait for an free buildslot to build an sngle CV... (Note; im havent seeing any other CV so i cant make an blueprint..)
EVRY faction now build ships there.. also the KV.. the most farthest Faction from this shippyard ever... Since when is HoA and KV allied ? what happens if RYK build an ship after KV ?
all shoot each other down in the HoA home sector... oh no ACME home now^^
im playing this run 3 hours and give up...

no no no...
sorry for your hard work.. but this is a: annoing and b frustrating
and C: yes you thing right what i would say: Cheese ^^
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 15:45

Would be great to have the mod rebuilt from scratch using the knowledge learned so far from playtesting...

That way you could omit any broken parts and get a solid working version to start off with...

:)

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 16:35

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 18:19

roy35150 wrote:Would be great to have the mod rebuilt from scratch using the knowledge learned so far from playtesting...

That way you could omit any broken parts and get a solid working version to start off with...

:)
I hope this is sarcasm.

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 18:45

this mod is soo great ! im checking for long time now and waiting for more playable version , i plan to upgrade my CPU only so i could play it
anyway i think it is how original game should be and Egosoft should be ashamed they didnt do it this way
dont listen to idiots telling you otherwise or giving stupid comments , im sure when you finish it a lot ppl will play X rebirth again only bc of your great work here !

Timianer
x4

Post by Timianer » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 10:31

wojtasior wrote:this mod is soo great ! im checking for long time now and waiting for more playable version , i plan to upgrade my CPU only so i could play it
anyway i think it is how original game should be and Egosoft should be ashamed they didnt do it this way
dont listen to idiots telling you otherwise or giving stupid comments , im sure when you finish it a lot ppl will play X rebirth again only bc of your great work here !
Yea the mod is great.
But...
Comments like this dosent tell the mod autor anything about what even not work realy.

here are some stupid comments from me,an idiot ^^:
*Evry faction can overtake your zones and sektors, because they can build at evry buildspot, the player only can build at player buildspots
*The econemy of the factions runs out after a while of playing
*you can sell an zone + an station in this zone to an faction (double money making for the same objekts--> bug using ?!
*An xenon shippart/part circle with shipyard costs round 80 mio
Any other faction, also the player must build round 10 stations and pay round 800mio for the same circle , if he donnt want use the xenon stations.--> other factions run out of money
*NPC zone or sector patrols can not "de-Cloak" cloaked ships
*in some cases Stations dosnt recreat destroyed trading ships -> this stations run out..even if the Faction has enough money -> econemy breaks
*Most factions bild there ships everythere.. Sure.. its funny to see RYK in Albion PMC home zone build ships there that destroys all ships that the Albion pirates build at the PMC shipyard after boarding this shipyard and selling it to Albion Energy Corp.. because AEC and the pirates are friends (spoiler?^^)
and so long ......

sure the mod is great, but if stupid people like me never saying evrything about this, the mod autor never knows this and cant do anything about it ;)

Many of the stupid things im sayed are fixed( he ships shoot stations again ^^).. and many things are to do.
And yes.. THIS is, what ego should do with the game and evry next game.. but we all know Ego...
Stations destroy ? never ! Real Economy ? Never ! Its not possible was and will be the answer from Ego :roll:
And you destroy an ship.. and its respawns.. respawns respawns...
like the PMC Watcher Suls in DeVries
:lol:
--------------------
i5 7500, GTX 1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”