Jumpdrives got me into X3, highways just dropped me off XR, and we're legion

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 17:52

Graaf wrote:
spankahontis wrote:
Graaf wrote:
Varyah wrote:
Graaf wrote:No, I don't. But apparently it is too difficult for you to explain it to me.
I can help you out: you can at any point in time decide to cancel the deal and sell your cargo elsewhere. The system just prevents NPCs or your own NPC controlled trade ships to fulfill demand before your cargo arrives. In essence you get a contract to deliver fixed amount of cargo at fixed price that you can cancel without repercussions. Only profits allowed.
So you can spend all your time flying over to the station just to sell it before you arrive because you see a better deal. Why should that be allowed? Someone expected that delivery.

In a Free Market Space Sim, how would turning away a deal be policed?
Would there be a Legal Team Feature where they would send a lawyer to sue you for breaking a Contract?

But I agree that a simple reduction in Reputation that would effect prices would suffice. Hardly anything to be bothered about.
Then why not use the old "first come, first served" principle?
I never made that comment, Varyah did.

But to explain.. "First Come First Served" is just that, just like in X3 the price of a ware in Rebirth fluctuates and you make an order for THAT current Price which the player deems "A good deal"
If you don't make the sale in time, some other ship will steal it from under your nose and you'll lose that cheap stock or just have to pay a little more for it than planned; no difference to previous X Games, only that most the stock came from somewhere while in previous X Games, the number of stock is spawned in by the God Engine to maintain a steady economy.

If however, the order is cancelled, that stock returns to the pile and the current amount is recalculated to the new price to which it will rise or fall in value because other NPC's are making deals before/after you and in doing so that "First come, first served" special offer is gone.
Of course you could be talking about the "Trade Extension Software" to which you don't have any insider knowledge of price fluctuation if you have a trade agent inside the station you use the console rather than fly near a station and check it's prices.. So you can have both options.
Once you cancel the order, that price you negotiated is gone and you'll have to wait till stocks fill up again for the price to drop.

The concept of putting down a deposit when you purchase the wares is an intriguing idea though; Immersive as well.
But what seems to be the problem here? X Games have always had this order placing system, it just differs from the console, in X3 you make the order, someone beats you to it, you pay more or wait, in Rebirth you see the price on offer click on the buy before the price changes and you purchase that ware according to how it's advertised.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 3. Jul 18, 22:27

spankahontis wrote:But to explain.. "First Come First Served" is just that, just like in X3 the price of a ware in Rebirth fluctuates and you make an order for THAT current Price which the player deems "A good deal"
If you don't make the sale in time, some other ship will steal it from under your nose and you'll lose that cheap stock or just have to pay a little more for it than planned; no difference to previous X Games, only that most the stock came from somewhere while in previous X Games, the number of stock is spawned in by the God Engine to maintain a steady economy.

If however, the order is cancelled, that stock returns to the pile and the current amount is recalculated to the new price to which it will rise or fall in value because other NPC's are making deals before/after you and in doing so that "First come, first served" special offer is gone.
Of course you could be talking about the "Trade Extension Software" to which you don't have any insider knowledge of price fluctuation if you have a trade agent inside the station you use the console rather than fly near a station and check it's prices.. So you can have both options.
Once you cancel the order, that price you negotiated is gone and you'll have to wait till stocks fill up again for the price to drop.

The concept of putting down a deposit when you purchase the wares is an intriguing idea though; Immersive as well.
But what seems to be the problem here? X Games have always had this order placing system, it just differs from the console, in X3 you make the order, someone beats you to it, you pay more or wait, in Rebirth you see the price on offer click on the buy before the price changes and you purchase that ware according to how it's advertised.
Why not complain about the unlimited amount of money readily available for NPC's? And do asteroids still spawn in? Because that too would fall under your complaint. Sure, some products are spawned inside Trading Stations. And for the immersion factor we can explain that it was produced at and transported from the planet beneath. Does that suddenly make X3 a bad game?
Do missions still spawn ships? Do spawned ship drop loot? Do you use loot, dropped from spawned ship at you workshop to make items you use during further gameplay? Does this also make Rebirth a bad game?

From what I read I still consider the X3 way better. When you buy something, you actually buy it. You can't undo that simply because you see a better offer on your way to pick up your "trade".

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 4. Jul 18, 15:50

@Graaf

My missus would entirely and utterly disagree with you. I've known her go out shopping and not buy a single thing "just in case its cheaper somewhere else" so maybe its a female thing to look for bargains. Real men know what they want and just go out and buy it. Once its bought that's it deal done.

Maybe Egosoft are trying to appeal to your feminine side!
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Wed, 4. Jul 18, 16:19

spankahontis wrote: In a Free Market Space Sim, how would turning away a deal be policed?
Would there be a Legal Team Feature where they would send a lawyer to sue you for breaking a Contract?

But I agree that a simple reduction in Reputation that would effect prices would suffice. Hardly anything to be bothered about.
Of course, if we assume this is normal, then NPCs can do it too. So if you have a factory and you make a deal for energy cells to be delivered so you can manufacture your grommits for sale, and the NPC flies by a factory offering a better price, they can cancel the deal and sell them too. And then you're left having to wait for another trader to decide to fulfil your order - hopefully.

So unless you have a system of contracts with penalties for breaking them, then you're effectively back to first-come-first-served anyway.

But if this is something only the player can do, then its dumbed down for children who don't want to ever lose.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 23:24

Graaf wrote: Why not complain about the unlimited amount of money readily available for NPC's?
So, what you're saying is we should give every NPC in the Game their own wallet?

Question is, would adding a wallet to every NPC in the game to buy and sell, wouldn't that put untold pressure on any players PC Performance to do that? Thousands of little ai's working at once?
If the hit on our PC is minimal, then i'm all for it.

Graaf wrote:And do asteroids still spawn in? Because that too would fall under your complaint.
Only imagination in this respect is required to fill in those blanks, not a black and white issue here, Graaf.
There are Certain areas where Procedural Generation is necessary, asteroids fall into that group areas to which it is not, like Stations, Ships etc.

CBJ and others have gone into great detail about that and why Asteroids need to respawn and at the rate they spawn, so not really interested in bringing up an old debate.
Graaf wrote:Sure, some products are spawned inside Trading Stations. And for the immersion factor we can explain that it was produced at and transported from the planet beneath. Does that suddenly make X3 a bad game?
Only, no ships are seen coming to and from a Planet to give us that imagination of wares coming to Stations, they just 'POOF' appear in the holds of stations.
This is what i'm trying to get through to you.
An Asteroid can come from anyway in the great Void of the Universe,
That's the imagination I can get with rather than knowing they are actually Procedurally Generated at a rate that stops the minerals Market from getting Exhausted and breaking the Games Economy.
If you can think of a better way to make Asteroids appear and not run out and break the entire Economy? I'm open to your ideas.
Graaf wrote:Do missions still spawn ships? Do spawned ship drop loot? Do you use loot, dropped from spawned ship at you workshop to make items you use during further gameplay? Does this also make Rebirth a bad game?

From what I read I still consider the X3 way better.
X:Rebirth is not a perfect game if that's what you're implying?
But neithers X3, that I have to repeat that statement to you is annoying.

But I've had the privilege of playing both X3 and Rebirth while you haven't even bothered to play X:Rebirth, therefore you cannot make a valid decision everytime you say that "It's Better" it just falls on Deaf Ears.

X: Rebirth was an attempt to improve on X3's Economy, it attempted to make everything that originated from something and on many fronts it succeeded.
It simply didn't have enough time to add everything People wanted, it was enough for me and People out there genuinely liked it, some didn't.
That's why I've played X:Rebirth allot longer than X3, it's good in it's own right.
Graaf wrote:When you buy something, you actually buy it. You can't undo that simply because you see a better offer on your way to pick up your "trade".

Finally, we get a response to the actual point!! Hurray!!!

And yes you can, it's called a Derivative.
gbjbaanb wrote:
Of course, if we assume this is normal, then NPCs can do it too. So if you have a factory and you make a deal for energy cells to be delivered so you can manufacture your grommits for sale, and the NPC flies by a factory offering a better price, they can cancel the deal and sell them too. And then you're left having to wait for another trader to decide to fulfil your order - hopefully.

So unless you have a system of contracts with penalties for breaking them, then you're effectively back to first-come-first-served anyway.

But if this is something only the player can do, then its dumbed down for children who don't want to ever lose.
I very much doubt it was to satisfy children that didn't want to lose, more they didn't think about making it all inclusive, or maybe it was more complex to roll it out entirely?

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 03:59

I very much doubt it was to satisfy children that didn't want to lose, more they didn't think about making it all inclusive, or maybe it was more complex to roll it out entirely?
I just realized the sell price bar in XR can't sell lower than average price last night while trying to figure out why it wasn't selling. I remembered i can always dump stuff for loss to save space in X3 though. Interesting.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 15:49

Being able to sell for below Average price, but still above Cost, was viable in X3, not sure about XR. You could buy something for 3 credits below average price, sell it for 1 credit below average, and turn a profit, even though you were technically "dumping" it at a price below average. It's not "dumping it at a loss to save space" if you're making money by doing it.

Having every NPC in the game with their own "wallet" isn't necessary if more than half of them are connected to corporations, factions, or trade cartels which have a communal "wallet". Adding a dozen or more "mini-Corporations" with 2-20 traders each could significantly reduce the number of "owner-operators" that require a full set of financial stats just for a single ship.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 16:29

Honved wrote:Having every NPC in the game with their own "wallet" isn't necessary if more than half of them are connected to corporations, factions, or trade cartels which have a communal "wallet". Adding a dozen or more "mini-Corporations" with 2-20 traders each could significantly reduce the number of "owner-operators" that require a full set of financial stats just for a single ship.
Exactly my thoughts

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Fri, 6. Jul 18, 19:23

Average price fluctuates based on the current market. I know that I have been able to sell below average in my Warehouses. But their is a minimum price, and I can guess that some products that are saturated in some sectors have the "average" price near or at the minimum.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 10:49

spankahontis wrote:
Graaf wrote: Why not complain about the unlimited amount of money readily available for NPC's?
So, what you're saying is we should give every NPC in the Game their own wallet?

Question is, would adding a wallet to every NPC in the game to buy and sell, wouldn't that put untold pressure on any players PC Performance to do that? Thousands of little ai's working at once?
If the hit on our PC is minimal, then i'm all for it.
Does it matter if they retain their ability to have infinite amounts of money?

But sure, why not? We had it with the Shady Business storyline.
And when they run out of money GOD steps in and decommissions a station.

I did see a Habitation Module on the station builder. Maybe we even get Overhead Cost when you build a station.

spankahontis wrote:
Graaf wrote:And do asteroids still spawn in? Because that too would fall under your complaint.
Only imagination in this respect is required to fill in those blanks, not a black and white issue here, Graaf.
There are Certain areas where Procedural Generation is necessary, asteroids fall into that group areas to which it is not, like Stations, Ships etc.

CBJ and others have gone into great detail about that and why Asteroids need to respawn and at the rate they spawn, so not really interested in bringing up an old debate.
I don't know about an old debate, but common sense tells me we need them, otherwise the game will grind to a halt due to lack of minerals.

spankahontis wrote:
Graaf wrote:Sure, some products are spawned inside Trading Stations. And for the immersion factor we can explain that it was produced at and transported from the planet beneath. Does that suddenly make X3 a bad game?
Only, no ships are seen coming to and from a Planet to give us that imagination of wares coming to Stations, they just 'POOF' appear in the holds of stations.
This is what i'm trying to get through to you.
An Asteroid can come from anyway in the great Void of the Universe,
That's the imagination I can get with rather than knowing they are actually Procedurally Generated at a rate that stops the minerals Market from getting Exhausted and breaking the Games Economy.
If you can think of a better way to make Asteroids appear and not run out and break the entire Economy? I'm open to your ideas.
So when A appears on a station but you didn't see it get there it breaks your imagination, but when B appears in space and you didn't see it get there it doesn't break your imagination? This is why discussions are so difficult. That double standard.

spankahontis wrote:
Graaf wrote:Do missions still spawn ships? Do spawned ship drop loot? Do you use loot, dropped from spawned ship at you workshop to make items you use during further gameplay? Does this also make Rebirth a bad game?

From what I read I still consider the X3 way better.
X:Rebirth is not a perfect game if that's what you're implying?
But neithers X3, that I have to repeat that statement to you is annoying.

But I've had the privilege of playing both X3 and Rebirth while you haven't even bothered to play X:Rebirth, therefore you cannot make a valid decision everytime you say that "It's Better" it just falls on Deaf Ears.

X: Rebirth was an attempt to improve on X3's Economy, it attempted to make everything that originated from something and on many fronts it succeeded.
It simply didn't have enough time to add everything People wanted, it was enough for me and People out there genuinely liked it, some didn't.
That's why I've played X:Rebirth allot longer than X3, it's good in it's own right.
Nicely done. Using the last part of one paragraph and the beginning of the next paragraph as a single statement.

But fine, don't listen to me. You can look at the statistics.
Just because Rebirth has a newer engine and is of a later date, that doesn't make it an improvement on the previous game.

In comparison to X3 I thus far see 4 improvements in Foundations: Expanded production requirements, Shipyards producing ships, Station Builder & Game Engine. But gameplay-wise I see Rebirth, and that is not an improvement.

spankahontis wrote:
Graaf wrote:From what I read I still consider the X3 way better. When you buy something, you actually buy it. You can't undo that simply because you see a better offer on your way to pick up your "trade".
Finally, we get a response to the actual point!! Hurray!!!

And yes you can, it's called a Derivative.
Since I was talking about trading in X3, this option is invalid. And it is also linked to the least interesting part of X3AP: the Stock Market.

Ringkeeper
xr

Post by Ringkeeper » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 08:02

sd_jasper wrote:
Général Grievous wrote:Or why don't just limit the jumpdrive range at 3 or 4 systems?
I agree it's too powerfull to alow player to jump from one point to the far edge of the map in 1sec. But if we limit the range of the jumpdrive, you have no more this problem.
Remember the map and layout of the universe is very different from the old gird of boxes. We don't know enough about the new map, but using X Rebirth as an example, you can get from any system to any other by passing through no more than 3 gates.

The base+DLC of XR is "only" 8 Systems. These systems have a total of 25 sectors which have nearly 200 zones. The systems are linked by 18 gates IIRC, (9 linked pairs), which means that there are multiple paths from to/from most Systems. So, such a limit would still allow jumping "anywhere".

I'm not sure if X4's map will have the same designations, but based on the talk of Gates, Orbital Accelerators, and Highways, I'm going to guess we are still using the System-Sector-Zone. But really, till we get our hands on the game, I don't know if any of us can really know what impact removing (or adding back) the JD really will have.
https://youtu.be/1NFl8Yn7guE?t=15m22s

watch the next minute or so... there you see all travel methods within a sector.
Travel drive for short distance.
Trade Lanes for long distance (with drop out at 17:13 by a pirate).. that section is then also offline for a minute or so.

You could also fly all the way in normal space, don't need to use trade lane (just way faster :D )

And then there would be jumpgates between sectors. There are 49 Sectors in the Universe.

Universe Map with sectors: http://freelancer.wikia.com/wiki/System ... er_Map.svg

One "zone" within a sector http://freelancer.wikia.com/wiki/New_To ... _Tokio.jpg

Still flying from one Sector to another far away took looong. Didn't matter much in Freelancer as the prices where fixed (but stock not, NPC trader) but you couldn't automate stuff, so you could either fight / play story or trade on one evening.

Oh and some goods started spoiling while you where flying, so better not get disrupted by pirates much or spend your time idling.
Missing that a bit in X3.

Now imagine such travel with the NPC traders from X3. You have spoiling wares, fluctuating prices, limited stock and long ass travel distances.....
Yeah, not much fun then.
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
32GB RAM
GTX 1070

spasov33
x4

Post by spasov33 » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 15:07

Egosoft, please bring back the gates and jumpdrives! It's so space like. And highways are so earth like. Why degrade the way of travel?! I love X games, it's the best thing that happened do space games, but I did't play XR, because of the highways. I was so happy discovering gates. And now there are these fluidish streams through space. It's bad. Please, make the X games great again! (but for real, not like that blond carrot :).

boreas.real
x4

Post by boreas.real » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 16:01

1. there are jumpgates in X:R and there will be in X4.

2. Highways are a good way to travel between diferent points in space.
They allow a ship to travel fast and large distances, without the need to use thier own engine.
In real life that would save fuel and increase the cargo capacity. Sadly that is not represented in X:R and probably will not be in X4.

I still like the highways and that wont change anytime soon.

(and yes, there are actual real life concepts for interstellar highways)

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 17:38

I like the idea of highways. But I had issues with how they were implemented in XR.

The "haphazard noodle" layout bothered me, and the devs have stated and shown that issue has been fixed. Highways in X4 are more-or-less straight lines, with only gradual curves to them.

Activity being restricted to proximity to highways bothered me, and that's been addressed by redesigning the universe layout and giving all ships boost/travel drives and SETA.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 21:37

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

spasov33
x4

Post by spasov33 » Fri, 13. Jul 18, 17:14

Well, I am sure that you know much more of XR than me. As I said I didn't play it.

However, I have read theories about how the UFO-s travel trough space. They do not use thrust or highways. The extraterrestrials experience the universe as a navigation map and use their minds to materialize with their ships at any point, even looks like they fly pretty fast and make hard turns. I don't think that traveling between the stars and planets will ever be possible like in the Startrek movies or even using highways. On short distances - maybe. The real travel will be much closer to using jumpdrive.

Anyway, I just don't like highways. If they remain, please, Egosoft, don't make them like fluids.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 13. Jul 18, 23:18

tatakau wrote:Putting my support in with OP.

Some of my own notes...

It is a bad user experience, to have 4 different layers of maps in X:R, as opposed to the 2 that we were used to from previous X titles.

It makes no sense that jump drives in previous X titles could jump directly to any gate or jump beacon anywhere in the universe, but in X:R they could only jump one sector at a time, and gates had to be flown through manually. That makes absolutely no sense.

A lot of X:R was built on tedium, and annoying the player and causing delays and waiting. These highways are just tedious.

Everything was cluttered in the X3 Map, it was going the route of Systems with accelerators, like in the Sol System, 1 System (Sector) with 7-12 Sectors inside.
If they did that with the 300+ Sectors in X3 there would be a mess.. You would have to change the very map design itself, X:Rebirth did that, cause Sectors are no longer 1 Background with gates, you can now explore systems; all Systems will need their own Map Level to contain it's Sectors and Zones or it'll be a 600-1000+ Sector cluster ****.

And not all Spacefaring Vehicles are large enough to have Jumpdrives or Travel Drives.
Highways are for the Core sectors that are established, to help millions of colonists travel from A-B, consumers that can only afford Civilian sized Small Vehicles.
They are not for unexplored/tiny colonies on the border.. You don't see Super Highways in the middle of the Amazon Rain Forest, you see them in Cities/towns connected to other cities and towns where civilization is established; highways are supposed to reflect that image, like it or not they are not going to go away because they are just too important for immersion and realism for highly populated areas.

So lets rather have a discussion on how to make them more user friendly and find ways to make them better.

Plus I like the Highways, because of what they are supposed to represent.
I know there is People in here that Love/Hate the Highways, but there has to be a compromise to satisfy both parties.
Saying "I don't like them and everyone agrees with me" Is not going to make them go away, because there are plenty of those that either love them or wished they were improved, Egosoft already said there was areas with no highways to appeal to your group of X Fan, there's enough space for all of us.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 01:00

Graaf wrote:Does it matter if they retain their ability to have infinite amounts of money?

But sure, why not? We had it with the Shady Business storyline.
And when they run out of money GOD steps in and decommissions a station.

I did see a Habitation Module on the station builder. Maybe we even get Overhead Cost when you build a station.
That was all scripted for those factions, it played no part in the economy as a whole, GOD Engine still did what it did in previous X3 titles, nothing wholly changed other than you had the opportunity to cripple some Empires.

But again, I would love to see that added to X4, to sabotage Corporations to being shut down.

Graaf wrote: I don't know about an old debate, but common sense tells me we need them, otherwise the game will grind to a halt due to lack of minerals.
Procedural Generation is a double-edged sword, works in some aspects of a game, but not in others.
Why I look at each part of X-Rebirth and X3 and see both games with their own double-edged swords, aspects that make them great with sides that let them down.

One decision they either create Spawning Asteroids through procedural generation or they go the extreme route of creating an insane amount of content to make sure there is enough asteroids out there in the X Universe to last for millions of hours of gameplay which I feel (Unless proven otherwise) is a waste of resources and time.
But i'm not going to take sides about this, it's a necessary evil.
Graaf wrote: So when A appears on a station but you didn't see it get there it breaks your imagination, but when B appears in space and you didn't see it get there it doesn't break your imagination? This is why discussions are so difficult. That double standard.
As I pointed out in my last reply to you above, this isn't a Black and White Issue, or "You're either for or against? Therefore you have Double Standards", I find what you said just now a bit childish.
It's a more complex issue of what place Procedural Generation has in a game?
Like it or not Procedural Generation is here to to stay, but what parts belong in the X Universe is the real question far beyond saying it's "Double Standards"; not here to score points.
Graaf wrote: Nicely done. Using the last part of one paragraph and the beginning of the next paragraph as a single statement.

But fine, don't listen to me. You can look at the statistics.
Just because Rebirth has a newer engine and is of a later date, that doesn't make it an improvement on the previous game.

In comparison to X3 I thus far see 4 improvements in Foundations: Expanded production requirements, Shipyards producing ships, Station Builder & Game Engine. But gameplay-wise I see Rebirth, and that is not an improvement.
Frankly, it could be a carbon copy of the X Trilogy and I question whether that would satisfy you?
I've talked to those that love Rebirth, to those that hate it and those that are undecided, but they all shared something in common, they had legitimate claims to their argument that I agree with or thought hard about before disagreeing, but those were good debates.
But it's always the same with you. You ignore X3's flaws, hold it up as the Gold Standard to bash Egosoft in general without any contribution other than "BRING BACK X3", you might claim you don't but, everytime it's the same old game you play, leading to the same outcome.
To this you are on your own, even negative critics are reasonable and offer something of value.

And you can post that Stat a million times over, it doesn't account for Offline or Pirated Copies.

When it comes to Game Sales, however.. X:Rebirth is the most successful game in the X Series.
Reviews on release were a disaster, it was a mess, Egosoft have constantly acknowledged that and keep fixing the bugs.
If there is a graphic for refunds that complete the picture then lets see it?
So it works both ways.
Graaf wrote: Since I was talking about trading in X3, this option is invalid. And it is also linked to the least interesting part of X3AP: the Stock Market.
Derivatives are the buying/selling of Stock from more than just the Stock Market.
Through Middle-men you can buy anything, it's about taking risks to whether what you buy is at good value to sell onwards.

This is how a real Economy works or at least Egosoft is building something near enough to it.
If that doesn't appeal to you? Find a Shop Simulator or wait for Star Citizen.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 08:13

spankahontis wrote:Frankly, it could be a carbon copy of the X Trilogy and I question whether that would satisfy you?
Of course not. I want X4 to be an improved X3.
Rebirth isn't.
Foundation (although an improved Rebirth) isn't looking to be.

spankahontis wrote:And you can post that Stat a million times over, it doesn't account for Offline ...
It doesn't have to. That's not how stats are used.

spankahontis wrote:When it comes to Game Sales, however.. X:Rebirth is the most successful game in the X Series.
Which doesn't say much if the previous game looks te be the game that is being played.

spankahontis wrote:If there is a graphic for refunds that complete the picture then lets see it?
So it works both ways.
A) If I can't complete the picture, it looks like the best sold game is being outplayed by its predecessor.
B) If I can complete the picture, it may look like the possibly not best sold game is still being outplayed by its predecessor.
How is that going to work out?

spankahontis wrote:This is how a real Economy works or at least Egosoft is building something near enough to it.
If that doesn't appeal to you? Find a Shop Simulator or wait for Star Citizen.
Because it is more realistic doesn't mean it makes for better gameplay.
Why doesn't anyone ever tell me to go back to X3? It's always an inferior game you tell me to go play instead of Rebirth, but hardly ever X3.

Mick Maidens
x3

Post by Mick Maidens » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 10:53

I think Egosoft may have got an incorrect impression. I bought X Rebirth had a quick look and went back to X3 TC, I bought the game to support Egosoft I suspect I was not alone. Its a game, it has to be fun, I am not that interested in the science or making it "realistic", if that means it gets boring. Highways are boring, lets be honest they are boring is real life why would you want that in a game? Even in TC I avoid the Terran sectors. Even big sectors get boring it takes too long to do anything. The best things about X3 (in my opinion) Jump drives, huge map with of lots of sectors, the freedom of the sandbox, boarding with marines, flying multiple ships. And the fact it is difficult. So the balance is to keep things moving, but still make it complicated. Personally I hate missiles and Area effect weapons. I like the fact i can repair my own ship (but it is painful) or pay to have it repaired, I have a choice. In my opinion the economy side is fun but only so you can build more / bigger ships. I am not really interested in wandering around stations, but would love to be able to join my marines boarding a ship. Now there would be a mini-game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”