Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 02:39

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 06:55

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 16:27

You're looking for pages to avoid.

Open up Xeditor and there should be a text resource veiwer/editor. From there you'll be able to see which pages are used.

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 01:25

Thanks for this mod. It's unbelievably professional at every level. Everything about it is just great.

But...

...just kidding, there is no but. I imagine LU is considered finished at this point. Is there anything else you've expanded into these days?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:01

Hey all :)

So, I've been enjoying this mod once more after a bit of a break and I love salvaging ships.

With this in mind, is there any way to semi-automate the claiming of ships? I'd love to be able to set a TM (for example) to snag a bailed ship and dump it off at my trading station to be stripped for example. Or even simply to strip on the TM then sell the ship.

I'm fine doing this manually, but it'd be nice to be able to remotely issue the "Claim..." command while OOS.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:10

Additional ship command -> Flag for tug.

No?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:18

Joubarbe wrote:Additional ship command -> Flag for tug.

No?
Thanks Joubarbe, but doesn't that just collect an already claimed ship? I.e. I still need to manually use the System Override Software on it? Gonna try it now in case I'm just being dumb.

Edit: yes, this command lets me flag already claimed ships to be automatically picked up and sent back to the assigned "carrier" class tug ships home base. However, I still need to manually be IS to claim the ship in the first place. This adds a nice convenience factor but doesn't quite do what I want.

Scoob.
Last edited by Scoob on Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:20

Oh sorry. Yeah, you can't do that. There's no "Reaper" for abandoned ships.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:21

Joubarbe wrote:Oh sorry. Yeah, you can't do that. There's no "Reaper" for abandoned ships.
"Reaper for abandoned ships" yeah, that's the perfect way to describe it! Not to worry :)

Scoob.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 21:51

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 22:00

I was thinking...

If I bought an Aran (only 30 mill) that can, if I remember correctly, dock all ship classes, then assign say a TM to it I could then make the TM a Tug. Then, when manually claiming a ship and marking it to be tugged the TM should deliver any M3 or below class ships back to the Aran right?

It's mostly fighters that bail it seems, so this would work for a lot of ships. Though I'd still need to manually deal with TS and above class ships - I've been repairing those manually and adding them to my ST/UT fleet.

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 22:13

I have a "reaper for abandoned ships" in my scripts base. But it feels way too cheaty. You have to ask yourself: "what do I have to do? What is my role in all that?". X3 is not an RTS. It shouldn't be. The player must have a role, even if it's a little "gamey".

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 20. Jul 18, 22:23

I started wondering about this in part because I'm in the middle of defending Getsu Fune with most of my fleet - the attacks are relentless for some reason - and I've largely been ignoring the bailed ships as I wanted to stay in the action. Also, fights can turn out VERY differently depending on whether the player is IS or not, M7M become useless when the player is away, so to utilise them you need to stick around.

Remote commands would allow me to stay in the fight, while sending claimed ships back for stripping. It'd not be risk-free as any Tug would potentially come under attack.

I used to use a mod that allowed for remote ship claiming when I was using the Rebalance mod. It didn't seem over powered or take anything away from the game, rather it allowed me to multi-task. So, I could claim a juicy bailed ship while still mid-mission elsewhere for example.

Edit: Using an Aran works quite well. I have three Magnetars assigned as Tugs homebased there, and they unload any claimed Fighters quite happily. I just wish we had a TM class ship that could pick up TS, TM and M6 class ships.

Oh, the Aran performs automatic repairs of course, hence why I use it :)

Scoob.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 00:34

The Aran performs automatic repairs?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 00:39

Litcube wrote:The Aran performs automatic repairs?
Yes, it seems to be... I've not got any Marines on it or anything (Marine Repairs) so I was surprised when the bailed ships I'd reclaimed were being repaired there.

I also seem to be being charged - well, there's recently been a drain on my personal account - so I wonder if it's linked?

The Aran says it's a "rescue" ship, so it providing repairs sounded plausible.

I wonder if the docked ships (3x Magnetar) - which do have Marines onboard - are somehow repairing things...

Edit: I just sent a Tug to pick up a ship. After it'd jumped back to the sector the Aran is in, I had about 3 million credits taken from my account. Weird.

Edit 2: I think I know what it is. For whatever reason, Marine Repairs (I assume) is treating the Aran like a Station. So, the Magnetars (with marines on board) were repairing other docked ships. Didn't know it did that, but then I can't remember the last time (and what mods I was using) last time I had an Aran. I might check the script as I was losing far more money in repair costs than the ship was worth lol.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 01:47

Ok, separate post as this isn't to do with the above confusion...well, I don't think it is.

My Magnetar TM Tugs were working well collecting M3 and smaller ships and dropping them back off at their Aran home base. However, despite being set correctly, they are not refuelling when they land back at the Aran. The Aran has ample EC's.

This causes the Tug to fail eventually due to lack of jump fuel. I can manually top them up of course, but that's not the point.

Scoob.

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 08:01

Hey so Im on the newest version of the mod 1.7.2 and the OCV appear to have started to bug out. Just checked all current sectors from sector omega to their current sector gannet kappa and only that sector is spawning OCV mammoths for some reason. And when the races find a weakness they say going to tokyo lambda and just get massacred at gannet kappa. Anyway to fix without restarting my game :? :(

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 10:42

Joubarbe wrote:Oh sorry. Yeah, you can't do that. There's no "Reaper" for abandoned ships.
actually there is!

Here u go, ur welcome

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=398916

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 21. Jul 18, 19:38

Thanks Freenan,

I'm having a play with the script now and it works well. I'm testing with just the basic Claim and Tug scripts first to get a feel for it. I'll try the modded version in your link in a bit.

The basic script is pretty good though, it's useful, but it's not full automation so I still need to monitor things and manually send my Claiming ship as needed - just just keep it in sector with me and working...it does get distracted by attacks though, and won't proceed to claim something until its attacker is dead. I tested it initially on my Cerberus, but it's on a Proteus M6 now as it's fast.

Note: I can't seem to get around the issue with my Tugs failing to refuel when their home base is a ship - i.e. an Aran - which is leading to some micro-management, but nothing major.

Scoob.

Nashaulk
x3tc

Factory location

Post by Nashaulk » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 17:45

What are some good low budget Saturn Complexes for around 50 million a piece?

1 MJ Shields are selling like hotcakes, but I'd like to mix things up a bit.
Cargo bay now contains... Terran Valhalla.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”