Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:12

So what you are saying is you would rather hear a lie as it made you feel better than hearing the truth as the truth normally hurts.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:18

felter wrote:So what you are saying is you would rather hear a lie as it made you feel better than hearing the truth as the truth normally hurts.
I see what you're trying to do there :D And neither I can venture a guess why would you ask that out of my post :?

But to objectively answer your question: I'm not saying these on my behalf, or it represents my belief, I simply stated what happened.

And what is lie, what is truth? Who are you to given yourself the audacity to declare which is which? After all for most, including yourself and me, truth is simply what we believe in, and lie is what we don't. There are enough people who disagree with you to make a difference, in the end that is what matter. I'm just saying, willing to look at the issue directly for what it is rather trying to find excuses for it, maybe that would be a good start to determine the 'truth'. :)

I will say this though: Trump becoming a president was a truth that many refused to believe it's a reality that could ever come to be. (Just ask Morkonan :P). If you want to talk about painful truth, than feel free to have a bit of the poison.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:29

- then you'd have to ask yourself whether the question was rhetorical or not.. (??)

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:22

Santi wrote:Bloody hell! Yoda was right all along.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
"Fear is the mind-killer."

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:48

Not a fan of the Bene Gesserit myself. They come across as nothing more than a bunch of manipulative bastards that care only about power.

Mind you this is the Trump thread so I can sort of see the connection. Although I have to say the witches were supposed to be physically quite good looking whereas the President not so much.

As for the "Litany against Fear" I remember thinking on first reading it what complete codswallop it is. If you're already afraid of something the very last thing you want to do is tell yourself that your own fear is dangerous. Fear level now doubled.

To paraphase Kennedy "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Me: We have to fear fear itself? Oh crap we're in trouble now.
Last edited by brucewarren on Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:54

The Moron is such a f****** hypocrite.

I need to go to bed. Where has all the water gone.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 15:15

- this is what "breaking the Oath Of Office" looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKW3MZzftU

- careful with that axe, Eugene.. :P
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 21:23

brucewarren wrote:Not a fan of the Bene Gesserit myself. They come across as nothing more than a bunch of manipulative bastards that care only about power.
Agreed. Or, perhaps, preserving their own power. Sort of an analogue for certain forms of organized religion.
Mind you this is the Trump thread so I can sort of see the connection. Although I have to say the witches were supposed to be physically quite good looking whereas the President not so much.
Keep in mind that the Bene Gesserit would probably not want to support a single man in such a position of power, given that he could turn on them at any moment, just like Trump does.
As for the "Litany against Fear" I remember thinking on first reading it what complete codswallop it is. If you're already afraid of something the very last thing you want to do is tell yourself that your own fear is dangerous. Fear level now doubled.
Fear is not "you." It's separate and being separate, you can refuse it. Or something like that.
To paraphase Kennedy "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Me: We have to fear fear itself? Oh crap we're in trouble now.
:)

Yeah, it doesn't come off too well if you parse it down. Though, it's still emphasizing the theme that fear is a "thing." It's not some intrinsic quality that is inseparable from any set of circumstances.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 04:26

Yeehah - what a lotta yachts I've got..
Betsy Vos waives the flag.. :D

oh, and hey, guess what - Betsy Vos is a common off-shore tax thief..
goodness, what sort of example does she set for those students under her purview?
well, those students with cash, anyway.. If such a creature isn't yet extinct..!!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBkJqC4JGyA

- who would've guessed..?? :lol:

- seems that bringing teacher an apple simply isn't done these day, ahem.. :roll:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 21:25

this is bloody outrageous..
Trump will stop at nothing - the swine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHv214_Xrx4

- an honourable member of the security forces is maligned..
- Trump, you are an absolute sh*t..!! :evil:

as for bible-basher Pence, he's sooner buy guns that provide healthcare for his own people..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pZeu6ZuBew

Mike pence, you too are an absolute sh*t..

- what self-serving pigs these people are..!!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 22:04

It will be interesting to hear what he is now going to say, he probably had a contract with the government so I suspect it all depends on what that contract says about being dismissed. I suspect a lot of the chat shows are currently trying to book him to get at all of the dirt, I suspect he wouldn't have been able to appear on them while he had been an acting agent, now he is a free agent. So it could be interesting or not.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 04:27

BugMeister wrote:this is bloody outrageous..

as for bible-basher Pence, he's sooner buy guns that provide healthcare for his own people..

Dude. Stop. Strzok is not a man to idolize. Attacking Pence for being religious is not okay. Get your hate under control. You are biased. You are actively looking for things to be outraged about. You are consuming biased content to fuel this. Step back from your feelings already. Man up and just go on about your life. Your perception of reality is going to get so skewed by Trump derangement syndrome that you'll end up marching down the street in a vagina suit. No one wants that.
Who made that man a gunner?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 04:52

Masterbagger wrote:

Dude. Stop. Strzok is not a man to idolize. Attacking Pence for being religious is not okay. Get your hate under control. You are biased. You are actively looking for things to be outraged about. You are consuming biased content to fuel this. Step back from your feelings already. Man up and just go on about your life. Your perception of reality is going to get so skewed by Trump derangement syndrome that you'll end up marching down the street in a vagina suit. No one wants that.
Speak for yourself, I want it, I was to see it. :twisted:

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 07:25

Masterbagger wrote:

In all fairness, if he lives in the United states he has his right to free speech and should be able to run down the street in a vagina suit if he wants, barring he isn't impinging on the rights of others or breaking any laws

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 11:31

just to prod Betsy's conscience a bit: you're not only avoiding tax controls by banking off-shore, madam..
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... verfishing

it's all about avoiding regulations, isn't it, madam..?
you sure run with a rough crowd - do you not, madam..?

- meanwhile, Drumpf continues to systematically remove his opponents:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emOQ_YieEgI

- what sort of example are you people setting, here..?
- do you think the public are stupid..?? :o :o

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 12:56

Masterbagger wrote:[...]Attacking Pence for being religious is not okay. [...]
Saying someone is a bible basher is hardly attacking him for being religious at least if Urban Dictionary can be trusted with the definition.
Urban Dictionary wrote:[...]A Bible Basher is someone who constantly goes around forcing the word of the bible on everyone else, and claims that everything BUT the Bible is evil.[...]
Let us not forget the Pence constantly tries to push his religious views onto everyone else, for example he wants gays to undergo therapy to make them hetero.
Masterbagger wrote:[...]Dude. Stop. [...]You are biased. [...]You are consuming biased content to fuel this. Step back from your feelings already. Man up and just go on about your life.[...]
This makes for a great copy paste the next time someone posts a Breitbart article or a Stefan Molyneux video. :)
Masterbagger wrote:[...] Your perception of reality is going to get so skewed by Trump derangement syndrome that you'll end up marching down the street in a vagina suit. No one wants that.
I see Cologne's carneval has spreat even to the US. :lol:
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 13:55

Masterbagger wrote:Attacking Pence for being religious is not okay.
ermm why not? Firstly freedom of speach etc, secondly he avowedly believes in an unprovable fiction (you might say fantasy), and he's the US Vice President who will step up should Trump succumb to too many McDonalds or impeachment. Though I suspect the former is more likely.....

I would think that challenging his views is required.

EDIT: Silly spelling mistake :oops: .
Last edited by RegisterMe on Tue, 14. Aug 18, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 14:22

Manafort flogging off government offices to anyone with the the cash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqOuihm8gI

- what a bunch of sleazebags..!!

the Beverly Hillbillies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlq-wJU3PII

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 16:55

Challenging peoples views is important when they are looking to take public office. Even more so for religious people and religious views. Their belief may be a harmless or dangerous delusion, which ever one it is it should be carefully examined to ensure they doesn't prompt the person to make decisions while in office which could be harmful.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 23:34

Antilogic wrote:
Challenging peoples views is important when they are looking to take public office. Even more so for religious people and religious views.
(Emphasis Mine)

Even moreso? Why is it more important to examine their religious views?

How about their ethical or moral ones? What about their sexuality? That's evern moreso important, since if they're really into animals they might make laws that force people to eat broccoli or something...

The point being that as long as they do not act in a manner contrary to "the Greater Good," act within the Law, and always respond to "the Will of the People," they are free to have whatever personal beliefs they like.
Their belief may be a harmless or dangerous delusion, which ever one it is it should be carefully examined to ensure they doesn't prompt the person to make decisions while in office which could be harmful.
So, if a religious person is elected to office, one must be doubly sure that their decisions aren't harmful?

What about their race? Maybe they're a closet reptilian? Better check their decisions because of their cold-blooded nature! What if they like cats? I mean, actually like the fuzzy little murder balls.. Better check their decisions, twice!

Examine what they do, what they propose, the evidence for what they value as it is applied to governance and legislation. If you agree with those things then maybe they're a good candidate choice for you, no matter if they're religious, a reptilian, or an animal "lover."

I am fully convinced that there are too many politicians out there who proclaim their religious dedication much too loudly and too broadly, especially during election season. Keep that in mind when you decide whether or not a candidate is "religious" or truly holds to the dictates of a particular religious faith.

Return to “Off Topic English”