EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Trump
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 454, 455, 456  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mightysword

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Santi wrote:

But on topic now, the level of scrutiny and overanalyzing of Trump as a person is plain silly, I have to agree with that...

Outrage do not think so, but anger is one of the reasons Trump got elected, anger because people concerns were not addressed by governments ...

There is a wisdom here in America that has proven true time after time after time, yet for some reason many time people pretend it's not as important: it's the economy, stupid!

Thinking back about it, Trump's campaign message was simple and raw. It was noticeably absent of the more glamorous elements that tend to be put front and center by other candidates. His message was exclusively focus on one thing: the economy. It was simple, but also effective. Not only he energized the Republican base, but also turned some section of the Democrat, section that I felt abandoned.

I'm used to be indifferent toward Obama, but I still remember the one turning point that make me into someone you can call anti-Obama. It's actually not because his weak foreign policy, but because I still remember clearly this one instance during a debate Romney during the re-election, Obama emphatically stated this: those jobs are gone governor, and they will not come back! Something inside of me died when I heard that, and I'm from a traditionally white collar family, with myself being a white collar. Can't imagine how would blue collar families feel when they hear their president just came out and said their prospect is death and buried, that he wouldn't even try to fight for it. The Democrat maybe surprised that their blue firewall was blow to pieces, but not me, not after what their previous candidate said. You know, people focus a lot on how close the result was, that he doesn't win the majority popular vote ...etc... I don't care about it, because I think when people try to find excuse in those things, they missed the important message. For me, this is why Trump won:

The last time Republicans won in Wisconsin? 1984.
The last time they won Michigan? 1988.
The last time in Pennsylvania? Also 1988.
And the last time Minnesota went red? 1972.

If you like Trump, you should give him credits for turning these states Red after decades of staying Blue. If you hate Trump, than you should at least admit the Democrat threw away these states by themselves. These are the places that suffered from the De-industrialized afford, afford that was born not by just necessity and practicality but also by political agenda and narrative. This is why I told Mork earlier there is a difference between a narrative and reality, no matter how strong or common the narrative seems to be. Believe it or not, but when people vote on election days, most would vote base on what they experience, not what other telling them. Wink

felter

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

So what you are saying is you would rather hear a lie as it made you feel better than hearing the truth as the truth normally hurts.

Mightysword

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

felter wrote:
So what you are saying is you would rather hear a lie as it made you feel better than hearing the truth as the truth normally hurts.

I see what you're trying to do there Very Happy And neither I can venture a guess why would you ask that out of my post Confused

But to objectively answer your question: I'm not saying these on my behalf, or it represents my belief, I simply stated what happened.

And what is lie, what is truth? Who are you to given yourself the audacity to declare which is which? After all for most, including yourself and me, truth is simply what we believe in, and lie is what we don't. There are enough people who disagree with you to make a difference, in the end that is what matter. I'm just saying, willing to look at the issue directly for what it is rather trying to find excuses for it, maybe that would be a good start to determine the 'truth'. Smile

I will say this though: Trump becoming a president was a truth that many refused to believe it's a reality that could ever come to be. (Just ask Morkonan Razz). If you want to talk about painful truth, than feel free to have a bit of the poison.

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 01:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

- then you'd have to ask yourself whether the question was rhetorical or not.. (??)

Laughing

Morkonan

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Santi wrote:
Bloody hell! Yoda was right all along.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

"Fear is the mind-killer."

brucewarren

MEDAL

modified
PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not a fan of the Bene Gesserit myself. They come across as nothing more than a bunch of manipulative bastards that care only about power.

Mind you this is the Trump thread so I can sort of see the connection. Although I have to say the witches were supposed to be physically quite good looking whereas the President not so much.

As for the "Litany against Fear" I remember thinking on first reading it what complete codswallop it is. If you're already afraid of something the very last thing you want to do is tell yourself that your own fear is dangerous. Fear level now doubled.

To paraphase Kennedy "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Me: We have to fear fear itself? Oh crap we're in trouble now.

Last edited by brucewarren on Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:54; edited 1 time in total
felter

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 04:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The Moron is such a f****** hypocrite.

I need to go to bed. Where has all the water gone.

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

- this is what "breaking the Oath Of Office" looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKW3MZzftU

- careful with that axe, Eugene.. Razz

Morkonan

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 18, 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

brucewarren wrote:
Not a fan of the Bene Gesserit myself. They come across as nothing more than a bunch of manipulative bastards that care only about power.

Agreed. Or, perhaps, preserving their own power. Sort of an analogue for certain forms of organized religion.

Quote:
Mind you this is the Trump thread so I can sort of see the connection. Although I have to say the witches were supposed to be physically quite good looking whereas the President not so much.

Keep in mind that the Bene Gesserit would probably not want to support a single man in such a position of power, given that he could turn on them at any moment, just like Trump does.

Quote:
As for the "Litany against Fear" I remember thinking on first reading it what complete codswallop it is. If you're already afraid of something the very last thing you want to do is tell yourself that your own fear is dangerous. Fear level now doubled.

Fear is not "you." It's separate and being separate, you can refuse it. Or something like that.

Quote:
To paraphase Kennedy "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Me: We have to fear fear itself? Oh crap we're in trouble now.

Smile

Yeah, it doesn't come off too well if you parse it down. Though, it's still emphasizing the theme that fear is a "thing." It's not some intrinsic quality that is inseparable from any set of circumstances.

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 12. Aug 18, 04:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeehah - what a lotta yachts I've got..
Betsy Vos waives the flag.. Very Happy

oh, and hey, guess what - Betsy Vos is a common off-shore tax thief..
goodness, what sort of example does she set for those students under her purview?
well, those students with cash, anyway.. If such a creature isn't yet extinct..!!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBkJqC4JGyA

- who would've guessed..?? Laughing

- seems that bringing teacher an apple simply isn't done these day, ahem.. Rolling Eyes

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 13. Aug 18, 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

this is bloody outrageous..
Trump will stop at nothing - the swine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHv214_Xrx4

- an honourable member of the security forces is maligned..
- Trump, you are an absolute sh*t..!! Evil or Very Mad

as for bible-basher Pence, he's sooner buy guns that provide healthcare for his own people..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pZeu6ZuBew

Mike pence, you too are an absolute sh*t..

- what self-serving pigs these people are..!!

felter

PostPosted: Mon, 13. Aug 18, 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It will be interesting to hear what he is now going to say, he probably had a contract with the government so I suspect it all depends on what that contract says about being dismissed. I suspect a lot of the chat shows are currently trying to book him to get at all of the dirt, I suspect he wouldn't have been able to appear on them while he had been an acting agent, now he is a free agent. So it could be interesting or not.

Masterbagger

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Aug 18, 04:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BugMeister wrote:

as for bible-basher Pence, he's sooner buy guns that provide healthcare for his own people..

Dude. Stop. Strzok is not a man to idolize. Attacking Pence for being religious is not okay. Get your hate under control. You are biased. You are actively looking for things to be outraged about. You are consuming biased content to fuel this. Step back from your feelings already. Man up and just go on about your life. Your perception of reality is going to get so skewed by Trump derangement syndrome that you'll end up marching down the street in a vagina suit. No one wants that.

felter

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Aug 18, 04:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Masterbagger wrote:
BugMeister wrote:

Dude. Stop. Strzok is not a man to idolize. Attacking Pence for being religious is not okay. Get your hate under control. You are biased. You are actively looking for things to be outraged about. You are consuming biased content to fuel this. Step back from your feelings already. Man up and just go on about your life. Your perception of reality is going to get so skewed by Trump derangement syndrome that you'll end up marching down the street in a vagina suit. No one wants that.

Speak for yourself, I want it, I was to see it. Twisted Evil

theeclownbroze

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Aug 18, 07:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Masterbagger wrote:
BugMeister wrote:

In all fairness, if he lives in the United states he has his right to free speech and should be able to run down the street in a vagina suit if he wants, barring he isn't impinging on the rights of others or breaking any laws

Laughing

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 454, 455, 456  Next